Best Buy Ad 4/8-4/14

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Extinction $59.99 + Free $10 Best Buy E-Gift Card
  • :ps4: R.B.I. Baseball 18 $29.99
Everything Else:

• Save $20 on Xbox One X Enhanced Games when you buy an Xbox One X Console (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/xbox-one-offer-225705/pcmcat1496426811609.c?id=pcmcat1496426811609)
  • Save $10 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6-Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Wireless Controller
  • Free Charging Station and Mario Skin with Nintendo Switch
  • Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament Wired Gaming Headset $149.99 Save $50
  • Xbox One Talon Media Remote $14.99 Save $5
  • Hori Mini Controller for PS4 $19.99 Save $10
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• The Greatest Showman $19.99
  • The Greatest Showman Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99
  • The Greatest Showman 4K $24.99
  • Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay $16.99 Save $3
  • Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay Limited Edition $21.99 Save $3
  • Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K $24.99 Save $3
  • All the Money in the World $19.99 Save $5
  • Molly's Game $19.99 Save $3
  • Phantom Thread $19.99 Save $3
  • The Incredible Hulk 4K $18.99 Save $1

Last edited by a moderator:
Came here looking for a Far Cry 5 deal...too soon? Idk its gotta happen in 45 days if I go buy it today..paycheck burning that hole!

Came here looking for a Far Cry 5 deal...too soon? Idk its gotta happen in 45 days if I go buy it today..paycheck burning that hole!
Too soon for BB, but it was $45 on Newegg the other day. I know, not that much off from GCU price, but it shows willingness to put the game on sale already.

Exactly what I was hoping as well. But realistically we have to give it at least 2 more weeks I would imagine. 40/32 is my jumping in point.

If the goal of this ad was to make me look up wtf Extinction is... Goal accomplished.

BTW, it comes with a $10 e-gift card, which is different than a $10 reward certificate. Doesn't seem to say you have to pre-order to get it either.

Just found out far cry 5 has upcoming dlc with one set in Vietnam and the other on Mars so I’m definitely holding out on sale for base game or gold edition

If the goal of this ad was to make me look up wtf Extinction is... Goal accomplished.

BTW, it comes with a $10 e-gift card, which is different than a $10 reward certificate. Doesn't seem to say you have to pre-order to get it either.
Noticed this too. Safe to wait for reviews and still get the $10 with purchase later in the week?

Noticed this too. Safe to wait for reviews and still get the $10 with purchase later in the week?

I'm just really surprised at how many people are just ignoring this considering it's something really serious
If a bad thing happens often enough, people have a tendency to go numb to it and just accept it as a fact of life, unfortunately.

Maybe I'm playing into it when I say this, but it's not Best Buy itself that was breached, but its payment processor. In the last five years I've only ever paid at Best Buy with a credit card, and I'm not really concerned about my credit card information being stolen because I know I have good fraud protection and my issuer can just cancel the card and send me a new one.

The unadvertised sale items that drop on Sunday mornings are usually the best of the weekly deals at Best Buy.  Stuff like those $20 Switch games a few weeks ago.  Hoping for some nice surprises this week :)

^^^ Yep.  I don't care what the ad is, the unadvertised deals account for most of my purchases from Best Buy.

Exactly. I don't see the point in saying you are glad that your GCU ran out when the games that will be on sale are still unknown. :razz:

Exactly. I don't see the point in saying you are glad that your GCU ran out when the games that will be on sale are still unknown. :razz:
Truth!! Unadvertised sales are usually prwtty good. DOTD is what has been lacking the last good while. Seems like we used to have better ones than lately.

Q: How do you know when someone doesn’t understand the concept of double negatives?
A: See above.
"Never doesn't happen" means "always happens" which is exactly what I meant. Seems like someone doesn't understand what a "play on words" is.

My GCU pays for itself every Oct thru Dec so I can not buy anything for months and still be happy with the 30 dollar fee every 2 years. During these slow sales times I might *gasp* play some video games.

Nothing too exciting for the unadvertised sale games, though they do have Beast Quest for $19.99, which is the lowest price I've seen it for (but probably the price it should have released at to begin with).

Picked it up just for the classic NES style cover art (to me anyways) lol

Out of curiosity, can’t you simply price match the sale price to target since they show the GCU price in ads now?or amazon .

(Remember, it used to be after it was in your cart and only if you were logged in you saw price, but now it’s printed)

Out of curiosity, can’t you simply price match the sale price to target since they show the GCU price in ads now?or amazon .

(Remember, it used to be after it was in your cart and only if you were logged in you saw price, but now it’s printed)
Yeah this is incredibly shifty.

I do it all the time I got Zelda BOTW for $12 plus 5% OFF with REDcard that other day when there was a price mistake.

Eh, probably not; the game hasn't been very impressive in terms of innovation and shows the core game's age. I'm about 2/3rds through the game and there are so many design choices I just shake my head at that are a downgrade from previous games while offering nothing of improvement. At least the season pass isn't just some half-baked levels added on and actually sound like legit mods/expansions for the game that have me interested. Chances are they will outshine the core game, but it wouldn't take much in that department.

Two negative elements to create a positive statement is still a double negative.
yes im aware...thanks? I purposefully used a double negative. The original criticism makes absolutely no sense.

bread's done
Back