FREE (broken) Altered Beast Arcade

i would suggest posting this over at www.klov.com or another arcade forum(maybe even the neo geo forums).

edit, i just posted it over at klov, i have a hunch this will end up in a dumpster tho :whistle2:(

24 hours isnt much notice.

i think i will go post this at neogeo

I am currently in the works of building a mame arcade cabinet and the hole 9 yards. I will post pics if anyone wants to see it once im finished.

[quote name='Technique']I am currently in the works of building a mame arcade cabinet and the hole 9 yards. I will post pics if anyone wants to see it once im finished.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see pics. I have thought of building one myself. It would be great to see what someone here did.

[quote name='alongx']Shit, I'd be all over that, if I could get there.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I got a friend who can fix that stuff, I just need to get the parts.

Wow that was some crazy Deja Vu. The topic was so "i've seen this before" and then the replies. Whoa, this HAS to be a repost or something.

The tube is broken...Does that mean that all you have to do is replace that? Aren't they just tvs? That'd be awesome if that was the case. Through a new screen, a computer with all the good games (The Simpsons, etc.) and your set.

Obviously there is more to this though...

There's not... people get rid of these things free every once in a while.. usually working.
I have posted several of these finds from craigslist here before... perhaps that's where your deja vu is arising, Phrozen...

dracula -
thanks for reposting it. I don't have the time to seek out any other forums (CAG is my one guilty pleasure, and I don't give it much time, but I hate to see something like this go in the dump.

[quote name='Technique']I am currently in the works of building a mame arcade cabinet and the hole 9 yards. I will post pics if anyone wants to see it once im finished.[/QUOTE]

I just built one and it's great! I have FCEU for NES games running on there as well. Be sure to use Mamewah as a frontend in Windows XP, it's the best and has a skinable frontend.

[quote name='tayaf69']The tube is broken...Does that mean that all you have to do is replace that? Aren't they just tvs? That'd be awesome if that was the case. Through a new screen, a computer with all the good games (The Simpsons, etc.) and your set.

Obviously there is more to this though...[/QUOTE]

They're not just TVs, it's an RGB CGA monitor (not CGA computer monitor). 15 hz, so half the scanlines as a computer monitor (I belive 31 hz) and different from a TV (but I forgot the exacts). You'd be better off replacing the monitor, it'll cost you about $200 for a new replacement monitor (betsons is a good place to get it). You need to wire it up though, so be prepared to soder.

hwong: yeah, I was thinking of using Mamewah! It looks great! I think i'll have windows boot to it automatically when the computer starts up.

Theshiz: Great looking cabinet and control panel man! One question though. Why do you have 7 buttons for players 3 and 4?

id just gut the insides out and then just mount a computer moniter in there and possibly take the joysticks off and replace them with a USB joystick.

[quote name='Technique']hwong: yeah, I was thinking of using Mamewah! It looks great! I think i'll have windows boot to it automatically when the computer starts up.

Theshiz: Great looking cabinet and control panel man! One question though. Why do you have 7 buttons for players 3 and 4?[/QUOTE]

well, it is a premade panel from:

http://www.slikstik.com/

maybe there are some games that use the buttons on players 3 and 4 but I don't know. buttons are cheap anyway.

[quote name='TheShiz']well, it is a premade panel from:

http://www.slikstik.com/

maybe there are some games that use the buttons on players 3 and 4 but I don't know. buttons are cheap anyway.[/QUOTE]

there are also coupons on the site.

[quote name='Technique']hwong: yeah, I was thinking of using Mamewah! It looks great! I think i'll have windows boot to it automatically when the computer starts up.

Theshiz: Great looking cabinet and control panel man! One question though. Why do you have 7 buttons for players 3 and 4?[/QUOTE]

Mamewah is the best, great frontend managment as well.

As for repolacing the insides, it does have a different look with a computer monitor. Trust me I tried it.

Not nearly as nice as a real arcade monitor.

X-Arcade josticks will work though and willl directly to computers.

Also, since im getting an i-pac, it counts as another plus because you can configure it within mamewah.

By the way, nice avatar. GO NOTRE DAME.

bread's done
Back