* * * * * 1 votes

GameStop Offering SAME Cash or Credit Value on Trade-Ins (Offer Expires 4/22)

gamestop ps4 xbox one trade

#1 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:12 AM

GameStop is offering the same cash value as credit on trade-ins until April 22nd. This applies to consoles that have recently been bumped in value making it a pretty good alternative to jumping through credit to gift card hoops.

#2 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:39 AM

What if I trade in a the game an I want it back do I pay what they pay me for the trade or they going to MSRP me help?

#3 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2700 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:46 AM

What if I trade in a the game an I want it back do I pay what they pay me for the trade or they going to MSRP me help?

despite appearances, gamestops are not pawn shops

#4 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:09 AM

Your right, they are seedier and shadier

#5 Mikeypeq22  

Mikeypeq22

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:02 AM

despite appearances, gamestops are not pawn shops

Actually in California they are considered a pawn shop/second hand dealer. That's why they require an ID and fingerprint scan for trade ins.

#6 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1691 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:37 AM

Like last time, Offer not available in California and select stores. California usually gets a different promo.

#7 Mikeypeq22  

Mikeypeq22

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:20 AM

California's deal is 50% extra trade credit on top of your normal pro or elite bonus.

#8 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

They have had this promotion for almost 2 weeks now...

#9 Gabrius   SHAQ-FU! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

Why don't they just make it more obvious and make it a one day promotion on 4/20 ;)

#10 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

They have had this promotion for almost 2 weeks now...

Yep, and somehow nobody was talking about it. I was just as surprised when I found out.

#11 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6151 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

I like the alternate trade bonus going on right now even better: 30% pro (40% elite) bonus credit on trades toward psn/xbox/apple gift cards.

#12 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

I like the alternate trade bonus going on right now even better: 30% pro (40% elite) bonus credit on trades toward psn/xbox/apple gift cards.

I like the 70% offer they ran a few weeks ago even better. Unless you really need the credit now, it's best to horde all your trades until the next 70% offer.

#13 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

Yep, and somehow nobody was talking about it. I was just as surprised when I found out.

Everybody is talking about it in the gamestop thread. You really didn't need to make a thread just for this.

#14 mattao18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

mattao18

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

Your right, they are seedier and shadier

You're : You are
Your : Possesive, like "your post is ridiculous"

Gamestop is optional, you don't even need to walk in there doors if you don't want. Gamestop saves you time listing on ebay or craigslist, effort driving to a meetup or post office, money on gas and packing materials... You walk in, they offer money, period.

Blind Gamestop hate is stupid, I profit most the time I deal with them... I bought an iPhone last year offer Craigslist for $150 and walked in a Gamestop minutes later to get $230 credit. You're doing something wrong.

Thanks for stopping in a Gamestop thread to bash Gamestop - Great use of your time, A+.

#15 srac84  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

Do you get same as cash even for your elite pro values??

#16 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Everybody is talking about it in the gamestop thread. You really didn't need to make a thread just for this.

And yet it went FP. :dunce:

Clearly you guys weren't sharing so I did.

#17 ritchardf  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

And yet it went FP. :dunce:

Clearly you guys weren't sharing so I did.

there is a reason we dont share info with slick deals, they are savages that will kill any promo with their greed

#18 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

/popcorn

#19 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

there is a reason we dont share info with slick deals, they are savages that will kill any promo with their greed

There's a clear difference between blatant abuse of a deal and something that is being offered in earnest. Furthermore, nobody here or there can labeled under a banner as a root cause for a deal dying other than people.

#20 ritchardf  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

There's a clear difference between blatant abuse of a deal and something that is being offered in earnest. Furthermore, nobody here or there can labeled under a banner as a root cause for a deal dying other than people.

but we cant pick and choose which deals they will simply take advantage of and what deals they will abuse into oblivion, so how do you decide what to share to the masses?

Also, you can absolutely pin the reduction/end of credit card post purchase price protection right on the nose of slickdealers abusing the hell out of it.

#21 Schmoop  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

Gamestop is optional, you don't even need to walk in there doors if you don't want. Gamestop saves you time listing on ebay or craigslist, effort driving to a meetup or post office, money on gas and packing materials... You walk in, they offer money, period.

Blind Gamestop hate is stupid, I profit most the time I deal with them... I bought an iPhone last year offer Craigslist for $150 and walked in a Gamestop minutes later to get $230 credit. You're doing something wrong.

Thanks for stopping in a Gamestop thread to bash Gamestop - Great use of your time, A+.

Speaking of good uses of time- being the grammar police and then using the wrong form of “there”...

#22 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

So.... is it possible to have a GS topic and not have people bash each other or GS?

Probably not.

#23 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Let me guess, somebody from slickdeals saw this deal in the GS thread > reposted it to Slickdeals > you reposted the deal from slickdeals here on cag.

Circle of life.

#24 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

CSAC CAG FTW

#25 Djchanclaface   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Djchanclaface

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

California's deal is 50% extra trade credit on top of your normal pro or elite bonus.

What? It's stacking? :shock:

#26 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:01 AM

Does the 40% stack with the same as cash?  Also, I know the limit on trade in a rolling month is 2000, but what is the limit on cash?

#27 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Dude, I’m a English teacher with a PhD waiting approval , so if you think I care about syntax enough to fight with my iPad (auto correct), then you’re taking a very true, and very funny post WAY too seriously

Unless you work for GameStop? Florian!?

PS th post took me 18 seconds to write, and I am purposely not fixing errors, though it would take another 10 seconds

And it’s not blind hate, they are a scam , from experience

Lol GS SUX

#28 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:03 AM

Let me guess, somebody from slickdeals saw this deal in the GS thread > reposted it to Slickdeals > you reposted the deal from slickdeals here on cag.

Circle of life.

Actually that has been my point of contention here, but I suppose I can spell it out. I was absolutely oblivious to the trade increase until seeing it make headlines in gaming news, despite how often I frequent here but couldn't care less about the GS thread because I don't shop there. So I searched for a thread since it was news to me: nothing. I checked SD for a thread: nothing. So I posted here and there about it, both of which went FP.

That's how it's supposed to work, contributing to the community when you feel you can and taking advantage of what the community gives back. So no circle of life here or mystery, I just share unconditionally. People take issue with that, then tough. And while we're on the subject, it's that kind of shitty attitude that drove off a LOT of great posters that contributed here and now only do so on SD.

#29 Mikeypeq22  

Mikeypeq22

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

What? It's stacking? :shock:

Yes for California since they have the deal it stacks. It's 70% for elite pro and 60% for regular pro. 50% for regular membership.

#30 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:47 AM

Indeed. I’ve been moving a lot of stuff toward GS the past two weeks that would usually go to eBay. Some of the TIV are crazy good, and to simply walk into GS and collect cash rather than deal with the hassles of online sales? Count me in.