Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition (XB1/PC Digital Code) for $18.99

Is there a difference between Ultimate Edition and Complete Edition?

Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition includes:

• Halo Wars 2 – Early Access
    Play Halo Wars 2 four days early
  • Halo Wars 2 Season Pass
    Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story.
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
    Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an enhanced version of the real-time strategy classic, Halo Wars, updated to run natively on Xbox One and Windows 10. Halo Wars: Definitive Edition includes improved graphics, new achievements and all of the DLC created for the landmark real-time strategy game.
Is the Ultimate Edition just the Complete Edition with Halo Wars 1 added on?

*EDIT:  Does anyone have an opinions on Halo Wars 2 offline/single player gameplay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a difference between Ultimate Edition and Complete Edition?
The Ultimate Edition came out at launch, and includes the items that you mentioned.

The Complete Edition came out late last year, and includes everything you mentioned (Except Halo Wars 1), but also adds the full expansion that revolves around the Flood, which was sold separately, "Awakening the Nightmare."

I wish they'd hurry up and tell us if this is coming to Steam. Not sure if I should pick this up or wait.

The Ultimate Edition came out at launch, and includes the items that you mentioned.
Not to mention "Ultimate Edition" is the version to AVOID if buying in the USA:
  • The base game is disc-based.
  • The Season Pass doesn't include the Awakening the Nightmare DLC.
  • Since it's a disc, you also lose out on Win10 Play Anywhere.
  • ... but at least you get "Halo Wars Definitive Edition". :whistle2:k
Here's the actual box-art for that USA-specific retail copy of the UE:

81v58nYmtAL._AC_SX430_.jpg

The Complete Edition came out late last year, and includes everything you mentioned (Except Halo Wars 1), but also adds the full expansion that revolves around the Flood, which was sold separately, "Awakening the Nightmare."
In terms of digital versions, the "Ultimate Edition" is normally the one to get, since it includes:
  • The base game as a digital code.
  • The Season Pass PLUS the "Awakening" DLC.
  • Win10 Play Anywhere
  • ... but no "Halo Wars".
Now since this is a European SKU, where the Microsoft isn't quite as tight-assed about selling content for cheap, all assumptions change, because as is listed above, this Complete Edition comes with a digital copy of the game (and thus also Win10 Play Anywhere):
halo_wars_2-_ultimate_edition_xbox_one_cover.png

Look ma, no "xbox one console exclusive" crap! :lol:

Since this is also the Spring Addon sale week, not to mention today's 13% cash back via Ebates, I'd say go ahead & get this "complete edition", and then buy the "Awakening" DLC on sale for 33% off ... or just wait until it's cheaper? I dunno! :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought this and while it redeemed on the Windows 10 Store, it says it'll only work on Xbox One. It says it can't be used on this device, and I have Windows 10 and have used it for other games such as Gears 4 in the past. Not sure what I should do since I doubt they'll give a refund for a used key.

bread's done
Back