Redbox Tax-Time Sale (4/13 – 4/22)

I appreciate the post, but these are NOT good sale prices for Redbox. Most of these have been at these prices before. Can’t believe some of these aren’t $4.99 yet

Last edited by a moderator:
bf65a7341bca250e8b40e0a1f1bdf0ac.jpg

the only one worth it at this point is Everybody's Golf, but it's making me travel 15 miles to the nearest Redbox with it in stock. Usually they ship these games. Oh well. Another bad one

So this mainly consists of what the prices were before they jacked them up a few weeks ago?

I guess it's not as bad as the last sale, which is when they actually did raise the prices.

I could go for a cheap movie rental from Redbox this weekend, but they haven't sent out any new codes.

Pro-tip: if you're cheap like I am, public libraries offer free Blu-Ray and DVD rentals that are even cheaper than Redbox. I go there and get 6 at a time!

Pro-pro-tip: if you go to public libraries, don't sit down. They are one of the biggest places for bed bug infestations.

Pro-pro-pro-tip: burn your clothes immediately after leaving a public library.

If the prices update. There is a Knack 2 not far from me and that is not a bad flip at Gamestop when you stack the 40% extra for pre-ordering God of War. May try to pick a couple of Knack 2's up and flip them and cancel my Best Buy pre-order on it. 

the only one worth it at this point is Everybody's Golf, but it's making me travel 15 miles to the nearest Redbox with it in stock. Usually they ship these games. Oh well. Another bad one
When has RedBox ever shipped a game? I'm only aware of reserving a game for pickup at a kiosk.

If the prices update. There is a Knack 2 not far from me and that is not a bad flip at Gamestop when you stack the 40% extra for pre-ordering God of War. May try to pick a couple of Knack 2's up and flip them and cancel my Best Buy pre-order on it.
Same promo for buying spacebucks, might be worth buying credit and using the PS store coupon for GoW.

Same promo for buying spacebucks, might be worth buying credit and using the PS store coupon for GoW.
Yeah, but I want a physical copy of God of War. One of the benefits to getting a copy at Gamestop for me is that they will probably be doing a late night release, Gamestop is less than 5 minutes from my house, and if I can get a copy or two of Knack 2 to trade it will be cheaper to get it at GS without GCU. That's all good enough for me because right now I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy and will have to wait till after I get off work next Friday to pick it up. Granted I'll only have time to play it Thursday night for a few hours.

Ordered PvZ2 and Knack 2. Here’s hoping they aren’t paper codes for me. Happens every day it seems though.

I could go for a cheap movie rental from Redbox this weekend, but they haven't sent out any new codes.

Pro-tip: if you're cheap like I am, public libraries offer free Blu-Ray and DVD rentals that are even cheaper than Redbox. I go there and get 6 at a time!

Pro-pro-tip: if you go to public libraries, don't sit down. They are one of the biggest places for bed bug infestations.

Pro-pro-pro-tip: burn your clothes immediately after leaving a public library.
Standing in front of public library, butt naked, with your clothes burning on the side - memorable. Go to the public library just for this, screw books / DVD / Blu-rays.

Well, I’m not going to lie, I bought two games to flip to GS for GoW. Sadly, just got denied saying they are told to refuse Redbox copies. Serves me right I guess,

[quote name="Ibacai" post="13980485" timestamp="1523665743"]

Well, I’m not going to lie, I bought two games to flip to GS for GoW. Sadly, just got denied saying they are told to refuse Redbox copies. Serves me right I guess,[/quote

Got another one you could go to? Did you take it out of the Redbox case?

Well, I’m not going to lie, I bought two games to flip to GS for GoW. Sadly, just got denied saying they are told to refuse Redbox copies. Serves me right I guess,
Got another one you could go to? Did you take it out of the Redbox case?
None that I can go to tonight and busy till Monday. And yes I put them in generic cases.

Edit: I’ll try to take the stickers off and go in again next week. I’ll just take the hit on the TIV drop.

Don’t blame yourself at all. Many GS employees — probably most — take them, no problem.

Don’t blame yourself at all. Many GS employees — probably most — take them, no problem.
All the ones in my area do it, they even ask me what they're going for so they can go by themselves. Don't feel bad flipping redbox games. Most of these have been the same price or close to it at some point or another. Nobody's buying plants vs zombies to keep at 10 bucks when it can be had on EA Access or for $15 new at Best Buy with GCU.

Edit: I’ll try to take the stickers off and go in again next week. I’ll just take the hit on the TIV drop.
Use a hairdryer (or heat gun) to remove the stickers without hating life for an hour. Be mindful to not scrape off (too much) of the artwork underneath, it comes off so easily on PS4 discs. Fortunately, the circular center artwork holds no data, so it's ok, just ugly.

Got my first bad purchase. MvC:I was just the center sticker. I'll contact support in the morning and maybe try again at the Redbox inside of a Walgreens.

Got my first paper disc on mvc. Also made the mistake of pulling up mvc3 gs trade in value when it bought 5 copies... at least I still make a buck or two profit, and can return the paper disc..

bread's done
Back