- - - - -

PSN Flash Sale ends 4/16 @ 8 AM PT/11 AM ET

#31 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

I played the Prey demo up until you get your first upgrade. Yeah, I'm going to buy this game. I saw several things I like.

The weird thing is this was the first time I've felt detached from a game due to it not being in VR. I think it's because I've gone a few months without playing a 2D first-person game. So far all the 2D games I've played this year have been third-person games. I may have grown accustomed to first-person equaling VR.

The feeling went away after fifteen minutes or so.

#32 ZabaZu  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

Has anyone here played I Am Alive and what are your thought on it? I asked about it in the PSN thread and didn't get a response.

I played it start to finish years ago and enjoyed the experience.  I can't really say much more than that though, specifics haven't really stuck with me.  That said, if memory serves many of the mechanics in the game won't hold up the best by today's standards.  I'm gonna guess that in 2018 it's not really worth the $6.

Also, I second the guy about to recommend Alice Madness Returns.  If memory serves, the PS3 version doesn't run very well.  Pretty sure I picked it up on PS3 in a sale and ended up getting it again on PC because of how frequently and severely the framerate dropped.

#33 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Dammit, I could so easily fill my cart with PS3 titles, but I just can't justify the cost to myself. I've had the Fatal Frame games on my list for so long (technically, PS2).

The one thing that's stopping me is that most of these games were cheaper last year around Halloween. I think I can hold out till October, but of course there's no guarantees.

Ya I remember Fatal Frame trilogy went down to $.99 each, coz they're the cheapest games I have from PSN store lol.

It's not true. The Left Behind DLC is included with the Remaster.

Hmm think u meant "true" instead of "not true" XD

For those that forgot, EA made their Online Passes free, so American McGee's Alice PS2 port is free as a PS3 DLC for Alice: Madness Returns
https://store.playst...LICE1FULLGAME00

#34 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5387 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

The only thing that struck my fancy was Yakuza: Dead Souls for PS3, but I'm still hesitant to buy it since it's 20 gb. You'd think a gaming pioneer like Sega would know a thing or two about data compression.

#35 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

The only thing that struck my fancy was Yakuza: Dead Souls for PS3, but I'm still hesitant to buy it since it's 20 gb. You'd think a gaming pioneer like Sega would know a thing or two about data compression.

It could be because there are 20 GB worth of new assetts.

#36 TYBG   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

Does Dead Space 2 Ultimate Edition come with Dead Space Extraction as well?

#37 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

It's pretty  Fuck crappy. Have you tried Alice Madness Returns? 

I played it start to finish years ago and enjoyed the experience.  I can't really say much more than that though, specifics haven't really stuck with me.  That said, if memory serves many of the mechanics in the game won't hold up the best by today's standards.  I'm gonna guess that in 2018 it's not really worth the $6.

Also, I second the guy about to recommend Alice Madness Returns.  If memory serves, the PS3 version doesn't run very well.  Pretty sure I picked it up on PS3 in a sale and ended up getting it again on PC because of how frequently and severely the framerate dropped.

Ya I remember Fatal Frame trilogy went down to $.99 each, coz they're the cheapest games I have from PSN store lol.

Hmm think u meant "true" instead of "not true" XD

For those that forgot, EA made their Online Passes free, so American McGee's Alice PS2 port is free as a PS3 DLC for Alice: Madness Returns
https://store.playst...LICE1FULLGAME00

Thanks for the info, I'll pass on I Am Alive. I'll check out Alice: Madness Returns based on recommendations. May have to wait until it's on sale again though. Maybe I can find a physical copy for cheap somewhere in town. I remember having some interest in it, just never bought it.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#38 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:20 AM

Picked up The Invisible Hours, Rose in the Twilight and Mary Skelter: Nightmares, and used the 20% Far Cry coupon.

#39 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:43 AM

Flash sale ends tomorrow morning 8 am PST.  Is everyone here using their 20% off coupon?  If not, can you please PM it to me before then?  Thanks.

#40 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5387 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

It could be because there are 20 GB worth of new assetts.

Said f it and bought it since the Yakuza games are among the few that I've actually finished in my lifetime.

#41 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

Less than 30 min left.

#42 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66899 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

Last call for purchases.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#43 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

Last call for purchases.

And for someone to PM me their 20% off discount they aren't going to use.

#44 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

r/choosingbeggars

#45 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2376 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

You posted begging for a code like 8 times between the two threads over the last day. We all heard you.

#46 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

You posted begging for a code like 8 times between the two threads over the last day. We all heard you.

And yet I didn't get a code lol.  A lot of codes went unused last time so I was just making sure as many as possible got used this time.  I am sure many will be saving it for Gow of War.

#47 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2830 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

We're still two weeks away from the deadline, and there's another big sale coming up soon. In any case I think people are less willing to share with someone who spams the threads repeatedly asking for freebies.

I'd like to get my hands on a code myself, but I'll wait until near the deadline to ask because they might actually want to use it between then and now.

#48 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13713 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

Awesome! I couldn't buy the Siren series during the Halloween flash sale last year (or maybe the year before even) because PS Store shit the bed during checkout each time and never processed my orders. Looks like they finally fixed that now, and I bought them only to find out my PS3 is totally dead. So now I get to buy a replacement power supply as well. Thanks, Sony!

#49 twick87  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone want this 20% off code? It doesn’t expire for another 2 weeks but I’m still willing to give it away right now for nothing.

#50 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:10 PM

Finally grabbed Severed. Fan for life of Drinkbox Studios

#51 OmniscientlyMe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

OmniscientlyMe

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone want this 20% off code? It doesn’t expire for another 2 weeks but I’m still willing to give it away right now for nothing.

I would certainly appreciate it. I've been missing out on a lot of deals lately.

#52 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4311 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

Finally grabbed Severed. Fan for life of Drinkbox Studios

That game is great hope you like it. Enjoyable plat too. I got it last month for the same price and beat it fully at work over a couple weeks.

512847.png

#53 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1061 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Blah, I thought Owlboy was part of the weekly sale, not the Flash Sale. Was going to include it in my 20% off purchase. Guess I'll wait and see what's on sale tomorrow now.

#54 yasqueen80  

yasqueen80

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:41 AM

Oh darn! I missed my chance!

#55 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

That game is great hope you like it. Enjoyable plat too. I got it last month for the same price and beat it fully at work over a couple weeks.

Yeah its pretty fun,  The combat is pretty difficult. I think I like Guacamelee better though.

#56 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36456 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:51 PM

Blah, I thought Owlboy was part of the weekly sale, not the Flash Sale. Was going to include it in my 20% off purchase. Guess I'll wait and see what's on sale tomorrow now.

Owlboy was part of the weekly sale, but for some reason, its $19.99 price was scheduled to end yesterday instead of today.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Monster Hunter World :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Exile's End; Uncanny Valley

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: Hitman: Absolution (3.75/5) :vita: Adventures of Mana (4.0/5)

#57 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2830 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Looking at the release date, I'd assume it was just on sale for the first week of its release.