* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy price drops - Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

#121 Strange Aeons   CAG Lurker CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Strange Aeons

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Perfectly timed Wipeout price drop for me. Picked that up along with Gravity Rush 2,The Last Guardian, Nioh, and Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete.

#122 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Are you seriously asking that question, or are you just nitpicking at Gamestop's policies? 

It is mildly astounding that he seems to be encountering this for the first time, but reacting to this BS deserves better than "nitpicking". This policy is borderline fraudulent and objectively abhorrent, now or 15 years ago.

#123 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

It is mildly astounding that he seems to be encountering this for the first time, but reacting to this BS deserves better than "nitpicking". This policy is borderline fraudulent and objectively abhorrent, now or 15 years ago.

Okay, maybe nitpicking was the wrong word to use. Just found it weird that he was complaining about the policy given its long history. Figured most people just shrug at the whole situation at this point... at least I do. I can vehemently disagree with the policy, and still understand why they do it in the first place. Plus no one forces anyone to buy the open games at new prices.

#124 quiet451   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

quiet451

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

I really want to buy Nioh, but I am still holding hope for a "Complete Edition" to be released.

#125 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2671 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

I really want to buy Nioh, but I am still holding hope for a "Complete Edition" to be released.

I ended up buying Nioh for $16 and the season pass for $12.50, so a somewhat decent price for a split physical/digital "complete" edition. At the very least, you can pick up Nioh now and return before the return period ends if there isn't another flash sale on the Season Pass.

#126 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

So slightly off topic, but today's BBY DOTD is for the Nomad vehicle that came with CE(s) of Mass Effect Andromeda.

Didn't want to make a separate thread for this since most people would not consider this a deal, but wanted to bring it up just in case.

Model ($29.99):
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5692600

R/C ($79.99):
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5693700

#127 Earendil_aod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Earendil_aod

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

I was in the same boat, but I ended up biting on the R3 complete edition. It has Chinese and English subs.

https://www.yesasia....-0-en/info.html

Hope this helps!

#128 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1854 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

Physical complete edition isn't happening in the US, just like Bloodborne. Both are 3rd party games published by Sony in the US.

#129 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19867 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

Already out in Asian.  Your only choice is to import Asian English version.

#130 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

Wow Nioh for $16. Talk about value. That game was so much fun. Spent 100+ hours and there was still much to play. 

Edit: By the time you finish the base game, the GOTY edition will be long out. For $16 base game is a steal. 

#131 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

desperately waiting for Gravity Rush 2 to come back in stock!

#132 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

desperately waiting for Gravity Rush 2 to come back in stock!

I am thinking that will not be happening but make sure you post if it does ..!!

#133 Tardcore   CAG Platinum+ Member CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:31 PM

FYI: I was at GameStop yesterday and they had Gravity Rush 2 brand new for $20. Might want to check with them.

#134 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

There's a very low chance that Best Buy will have Gravity Rush 2 back in stock. Just get one from Gamestop as it's better to have the game now than later since GameStop might run out as well. Be sure to ask the Gamestop employee if they have a sealed copy otherwise a gutted copy is okay. If the game case is bad, just get another cheap game that has a good case and switch them and return the other game. Battleborn is pretty cheap right now. 

#135 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

FYI: I was at GameStop yesterday and they had Gravity Rush 2 brand "new" for $20. Might want to check with them.

FTFY

#136 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Is GR2 permanently $20 on the PS store now? 

#137 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

Is GR2 permanently $20 on the PS store now? 

best buy claims the price tag is a price drop, so it seems that way.

also of the 3 gamestops in my state with GR2, all of them had only the display copy left. weird coincidence. 

#138 DarkPhantom13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

DarkPhantom13

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

None of the best buys around me had this in stock. Ended up going to 2 different gamestops and both only had display copies. My brother was willing to take a display copy but when he opened them up one had the little booklet completely thrashed and the at the other gamestop the disc had scratches! Hw finally decided to order one from Gamestops site Nd when it arrived today....IT WAS A DISPLAY COPY!!! Worse of all the artwork had several tears!

#139 ritchardf  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

None of the best buys around me had this in stock. Ended up going to 2 different gamestops and both only had display copies. My brother was willing to take a display copy but when he opened them up one had the little booklet completely thrashed and the at the other gamestop the disc had scratches! Hw finally decided to order one from Gamestops site Nd when it arrived today....IT WAS A DISPLAY COPY!!! Worse of all the artwork had several tears!

yeah, many online orders are fulfilled by stores, and honestly they couldnt care less, they are going to save the good stuff for in store sales

#140 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

Are you new around these parts?

#141 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2953 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

Gravity Rush 2 doesn't even come with a booklet!

This guy's a great big phony!!

#142 DarkPhantom13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

DarkPhantom13

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:11 PM

Gravity Rush 2 doesn't even come with a booklet!

This guy's a great big phony!!

Haha Whatever it is. Not sure if it was a booklet or not i just know my brother was pissed when he checked out the game in the car. He showed me the paper insert and immediately walked back inside the store and returned it.

And no im not new. I fully expect all of this from gamestop which is why i refuse to buy any of their "display copies." Only reason we even went on this damn hunt for this game is cause my brother really wanted it.

#143 mchittumjr  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

Picked up Nioh, was going to wait but figured the price wouldn't get too much lower.

Is it just the Best Buy's around here or are they all unorganized? Games were not in alphabetical order and most of them were mislabeled. Had to have someone help me find it, they ended up having it in the back. 

#144 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4507 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Noticed Fry's also has Gravity Rush 2 at $19.99, was able to pick one up rather than driving to an obscure GameStop. Also grabbed a mis-priced Life Is Strange Before the Storm LE for $19.99!

#145 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

All this hassle when you could've bought the game on Amazon for an extra $4 the entire time.

#146 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:25 AM

Wow Nioh for $16. Talk about value. That game was so much fun. Spent 100+ hours and there was still much to play.

Edit: By the time you finish the base game, the GOTY edition will be long out. For $16 base game is a steal.

Another way to think about it is anything that requires 100+ hours of your life should be paying you.

#147 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

fun.jpeg

My "new" copy from GameStop came complete with spine damage and a crumpled insert smfh. Still the best deal since no BB have this in store anymore.

#148 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:51 AM

attachicon.giffun.jpeg

My "new" copy from GameStop came complete with a crumpled insert smfh. Still the best deal since no BB have this in store anymore.

Mine came like that too, crumpled at the top and the employee took off the new sticker price tag and said he did a great job. Plus he added the warranty for 2 dollars more but whatever. At least I got the game. I replaced the game case for a different one too as the case had leftover residue from a sticker. Best Buy and Amazon are the two places if you sealed or new unopened games.

#149 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11484 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Mine came like that too, crumpled at the top and the employee took off the new sticker price tag and said he did a great job. Plus he added the warranty for 2 dollars more but whatever. At least I got the game. I replaced the game case for a different one too as the case had leftover residue from a sticker. Best Buy and Amazon are the two places if you sealed or new unopened games.

Dude added the warranty without asking?  I would have returned the game on the spot and demanded a refund for everything then hit him up with a horrible survey.  Either that or snap the game in half in front of him and ask for a replacement.

#150 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

Either that or snap the game in half in front of him and ask for a replacement.

lol you certainly would have gotten nothing then other than a broken disc