* * * * * 9 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 10/16: Destiny 2: Forsaken, Fallout, NBA 2K19, Pub Party, & PSVR Celebration Sales! $10 Hob, $30 Ys VIII, & More!

#4711 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4575 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:39 PM

Burnout Paradise remastered is fantastic. This is my third time playing, I'm maybe three-quarters through but have 100%d the game twice already. It was easy to fall back into and it's nice to get the trophies again. It also does a lot of things right. For example, you only need half of the collectibles. So you need to break 200 fences, but there are 400, meaning you should get these trophies without even trying just through playing the game.

The open-world is great too. You have to do X events to qualify for the next license, and then all events reset for the next license but get a little harder. This means you can really focus on the events you like for the first several licenses.

I need a sequel. And more arcade racers.

#4712 Omni99  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:53 PM

I broke my mouse by clicking LIKE so hard.

Killlzone PS4 is the worst game ever.  Truly bad at any price.  

Someone might disagree but they'd be wrong, so, so wrong.

It's ok IMO. I bought it cause I like Killzone as a franchise. But the way you feel about it is the same way I feel about The Order 1886 lol.

#4713 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:08 AM

Question, maybe someone here might know the answer.  I'm sure some of you guys must have bought games from other regions, right?  What happens if you have a disc from another region and that game gets patched?  Will you be able to download it even if you're in a different region?

Like, I'm in the USA and I buy a Europe game disc.  I pop it in my USA PS4 and have a USA PSN account.  If the game has a patch, will it attempt to download and apply it?  Or will it not tell me?  Or not download it unless I have a European PSN account?  Or...?

#4714 NoDAK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:13 AM

anyone have a link to sign up for a firmware beta? i have registered in the past but want to sign up for a more recent one to improve my chances of getting in.

I sought to do the same and used this link: https://www.playstat...a-registration/

#4715 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:39 AM

From my understanding when you get in the beta, your in every beta. For instance I was in the 5.5 from sign ups. And was automatically in the 6.0 beta. And therefore I’ll automatically be in the name change beta. Pretty sure it’s similar to the Xbox Insider.

#4716 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:44 AM

Fighting EX Layer is 35% off for the Flash Sale tomorrow.

#4717 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3798 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:46 AM

You've been to tomorrow? Anything else we need to know, besides the "flash" sale?

#4718 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4320 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:12 AM

Question, maybe someone here might know the answer.  I'm sure some of you guys must have bought games from other regions, right?  What happens if you have a disc from another region and that game gets patched?  Will you be able to download it even if you're in a different region?

Like, I'm in the USA and I buy a Europe game disc.  I pop it in my USA PS4 and have a USA PSN account.  If the game has a patch, will it attempt to download and apply it?  Or will it not tell me?  Or not download it unless I have a European PSN account?  Or...?

Patches get applied as they are region free or at least were on the vita.  Dlc is the only stuff typically region locked from what I understand.

#4719 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

Anyone pick up Black Ops 4?  Thoughts?  I know it got panned when it announced the battle royale but I'm curious and interested in some new multiplayer action.  I find myself lately ho humming logging into Destiny 2 just maybe go up in 2-3 light levels after 4-6 hours of gameplay.

#4720 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5848 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:22 PM

For anyone still playing on PS3, the newest system software update (4.83) has just been released. Apparently, this update renews the system's ability to play Blu-Rays. The Reddit post below suggests that PS3s will eventually lose the ability to play Blu-Rays if Sony stops updating the PS3:

https://www.reddit.c..._has_just_been/

Hope we have a while longer before that happens.

#4721 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

Patches get applied as they are region free or at least were on the vita.  Dlc is the only stuff typically region locked from what I understand.

Cool, thanks. Much appreciated. :)

#4722 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

Meh flash sale, but Shadow of the Tomb Raider is already (annoyingly) discounted.

https://store.playst...n=asc&sort=name

I was hoping for a horror themed sale soon.

#4723 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:37 PM

Dead Cells is $20 once you add it to your cart.

#4724 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67655 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Thread is live:

https://www.cheapass...1-am-et8-am-pt/

Enjoy.

#4725 pablo9000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

Meh flash sale, but Shadow of the Tomb Raider is already (annoyingly) discounted.

They even went with the double “Fuck you” to previous owners by putting the super edition on sale but not the season pass by itself.

#4726 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

World of Final Fantasy is on sale for $26.39 (56% off). It's a two week sale.

I'm interested in the game, but new physical copies can be had for $20. And what I plan on doing is using it as one of the games in a Gamestop B2G1 used games deal. They usually run that deal every Black Friday.

Besides, I'd probably want to play through VII and the X's, Final Fantasy games I have, before I play it. It seems like part of the draw of the game is Final Fantasy fan service, and the only Final Fantasy game I've played is XV.

#4727 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

With this flash sale combined to SOTTR being Amazon's deal of the day earlier this week, I'm guessing sales have been poor. (and probably a $30 price point on Black Friday)

#4728 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

It’s almost Black Friday my dudes. Hang in there.

#4729 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1410 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

World of Final Fantasy is on sale for $26.39 (56% off). It's a two week sale.

I'm interested in the game, but new physical copies can be had for $20. And what I plan on doing is using it as one of the games in a Gamestop B2G1 used games deal. They usually run that deal every Black Friday.

Besides, I'd probably want to play through VII and the X's, Final Fantasy games I have, before I play it. It seems like part of the draw of the game is Final Fantasy fan service, and the only Final Fantasy game I've played is XV.

WoFF is a decent game if you enjoy FF nostalgia and fan service.  However I would not recommend buying it right now since a new version is coming out on 11/6 (and you would have to pay to upgrade to it on pc, i'm guessing this is true on other platforms as well)

#4730 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:59 PM

With this flash sale combined to SOTTR being Amazon's deal of the day earlier this week, I'm guessing sales have been poor. (and probably a $30 price point on Black Friday)

I’ve been playing shadow of the tomb raider and it’s just OK. Same formula as the first two, which I enjoyed very much, but this time it seems watered down. It’s much more linear than the first two, I guess to give it that dense jungle feel. The challenge tombs are always fun but I’m just not as into this game as I thought I’d be. If you’re a tomb raider fan I’d say just rent it. I’m just plowing through it since I bought it at full price. (Don’t ban me!)

#4731 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

Don’t forget if you’re interested in World of Final Fantasy, there’s a new edition coming out that maybe would be more wise to wait.

#4732 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1523 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

No PSP and no Vita makes me very unhappy. I still have games to buy for both systems, and I'd prefer them to be cheap.

#4733 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1704 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:13 PM

Keep an eye out for an email from Sony concerning Playstation Plus that gives you 3 free months of Netflix.  I've made a habit of looking at them since the 20% codes hidden in them at the bottom, but this one is less subtle.  The title is "A Netflix gift for you", sent at 5:36 today.  You get a code that redeems on Netflix for the price 3 months of the $10.99 plan.

#4734 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:49 PM

I haven't received a Playstation Store Update Newsletter since August...  Are they still sending them out weekly?

#4735 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

Keep an eye out for an email from Sony concerning Playstation Plus that gives you 3 free months of Netflix.  I've made a habit of looking at them since the 20% codes hidden in them at the bottom, but this one is less subtle.  The title is "A Netflix gift for you", sent at 5:36 today.  You get a code that redeems on Netflix for the price 3 months of the $10.99 plan.

It looks like the 3 month credit can be applied to an existing netflix account, so it's not just for new subscribers FYI.

I'm trying to apply it to my DVD account but I'm getting an error message ("An error occurred during gift redemption - please try again later.").  Maybe it only works for streaming accounts.

[edit] Here's the legal text:

Gift can only be claimed by users who received qualifying marketing email and is not transferable. Netflix voucher needs to be redeemed by 11/30/18. Valid for 3 months of Netflix service on the $10.99 USD ($9.99 CAD) a month “Two Screens at a Time Stream” plan. For existing Netflix members the value of the promotion will be credited to their existing plan. One offer per user. Netflix offer valid for one time use only.

#4736 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:55 PM

Let my PS+ expire a week ago while sitting on a 1 year card because I wasn’t playing anything online. Cue Price is Right horn.

#4737 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3597 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:01 AM

Can anybody else not log in anymore on devices? I go through the identify cars buses storefronts traffic signs get texted the pin and it goes back to log in. This is after sign in just reloads the page so you have to go create account then sign in to even attempt to sign in.

#4738 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:04 AM

I haven't been able to log into the apps for months.  It used to be that I'd enter my name and pass, and attempt to hit the checkmark next to the recaptcha and an error would pop up.  Now the recaptcha box just tells me that I need to upgrade to a new "browser" (despite the apps not being browsers.)

#4739 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67655 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

https://store.playst...COUNT2LAUNCHLP/

With the EA and Flash Sales and the Countdown to Launch promotion, you can get any two between Madden NFL 19, Pro Evolution Soccer, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider while they're on sale and get the $15 credit back along with the discounts.

#4740 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:14 AM

Keep an eye out for an email from Sony concerning Playstation Plus that gives you 3 free months of Netflix. I've made a habit of looking at them since the 20% codes hidden in them at the bottom, but this one is less subtle. The title is "A Netflix gift for you", sent at 5:36 today. You get a code that redeems on Netflix for the price 3 months of the $10.99 plan.

Thank you PSN for the $33 Netflix credit. Hope you guys all got the email worked fast.