* * * * - 11 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Black Friday Prep, Choice Provisions, Final Fantasy, & Zen Studios Sales!

#5251 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67775 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

A new deal:

Timber Tennis: Versus - $1.79 - 10% Off - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 11/20

Freebies:

Dynasty Warriors 9 Trial - Free

Rock Band 4 - Discover: ReverbNation Pack 01 - Free

Rock Band 4 - "Let's Just Dance" by Ships Have Sailed - Free

Rock Band 4 - "Lover That Hurts" by Preachervan - Free

Rock Band 4 - "Save Yourself" by Tillie - Free

Rock Band 4 - "Thinking Emoji" by Barely March - Free

New Releases:

Steel Rats - $19.99

#5252 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3338 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

A new deal:

Timber Tennis: Versus - $1.79 - 10% Off - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 11/20

How can games not have screenshots on Sony's store?  I suppose this might be a sales strategy for some ultra cheap games, but Sony should have a requirement of video and screenshots for any game listed.

Also, yes, I know there's probably a ton of content elsewhere like Youtube that helps on this issue, but i'm an old man looking for something to complain about today.

#5253 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

This is going to be my first BF sale with Sony. Are they like Microsoft and have a huge 2 week (mediocre) sale or what?

#5254 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

How can games not have screenshots on Sony's store?  I suppose this might be a sales strategy for some ultra cheap games, but Sony should have a requirement of video and screenshots for any game listed.

Also, yes, I know there's probably a ton of content elsewhere like Youtube that helps on this issue, but i'm an old man looking for something to complain about today.

No kids on your lawn today?

#5255 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

I've seen it and it's essentially a vertical Pong game that looks like generally like a tennis match.  The graphics remind me of a Sega Master System game.  

But you are absolutely correct.  Games need to have screenshots and a gameplay video.

#5256 kanekiken  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

This is going to be my first BF sale with Sony. Are they like Microsoft and have a huge 2 week (mediocre) sale or what?

This was last year's Black Friday sale on PSN.

https://blog.us.play...s-plus-members/

#5257 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5998 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

How can games not have screenshots on Sony's store? I suppose this might be a sales strategy for some ultra cheap games, but Sony should have a requirement of video and screenshots for any game listed.

Here's the Steam page for Timber Tennis Versus which should have better information:

https://store.steamp..._Tennis_Versus/

Unless it's a Sony-published game, I just go straight to Steam if I want to know what a game is like.

#5258 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5222 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:56 PM

Those Rock Band songs aren't free unless you have the Rivals expansion pack.

#5259 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3338 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:37 PM

T

Here's the Steam page for Timber Tennis Versus which should have better information:

https://store.steamp..._Tennis_Versus/

Unless it's a Sony-published game, I just go straight to Steam if I want to know what a game is like.

Too much work.  Sony just lost my $1.59

Back in my day, for $1.59 you could ride the trolley both ways and still have money left for a movie and popcorn.

#5260 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

You already lost me at trolley.

#5261 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:51 AM

The Sony rewards site is back up and I’m not seeing a reward for trophies..

#5262 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8326 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:06 AM

Was afraid of this.
I thought they might nerf the rewards but to completely remove them is even shittier than expected.

#5263 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6557 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

From the FAQ:

What are Passes?
Stay tuned. A new pass experience is coming soon. For more information visit the Passes page under the Earn section of Sony Rewards.

Will I lose any of my current pass progress?
No. We will be transitioning all of your completed Passes, and in-progress Passes to the new pass experience.

Will I still be earning towards my PlayStation® Passes?
Yes. All of the PlayStation® Passes that you’re eligible for will continue to progress based on your activity.

#5264 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:13 AM

I just got an email 3 days ago about my trophy rewards so I wouldn't be too worried about it

#5265 Alpha-Strider  

Alpha-Strider

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

Looks like my points total was correct on the new Sony Rewards site, I've seen some people mention it showing they had no points. I can't view my Pass activity but it did add 1000 points from a Platinum pass I finished while the site was down. Cashed in for a $20 code and it showed up in about 10 minutes. I'm guessing they're still putting the finishing touches on the site, hopefully they don't change the pass system too much because I really like it. 

#5266 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, but you have to transfer them onto the Vita through your PS3.

Blood Omen transfers too? Awesome. I was afraid it had licensing issues or something. Going to grab both.

Also, my rewards apparently reset. Damn.

#5267 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

My rewards are still there.

I don't like the slide bar to search by points range.  The lowest number is 300 and the highest is 3 MILLION and 1

Oh, it's much to find easier to find Playstation stuff when I click the Playstation link.  PSN money is the first thing on the screen.

#5268 sp0rklez  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

Dumb question, but will Sony Rewards send a $10 gift card for 10 platinum's regardless of that "pass"?  I got my 10th on the 27th and the rewards site is showing a pending order for 1000 points on the 28th that I did not make because I don't have that many points. So, not really sure what's going on there, but I wouldn't complain.

#5269 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

I bought a $20 code.  They're literally mailing it to me.  Ugh.  Well, I guess it will come in handy for any Black Friday sale or at worst, I'll get it for a last minute Christmas sale.

#5270 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

How in the hell do you turn in platinum trophies for rewards points.

#5271 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:17 PM

Oh crap.  My Sony Rewards email was one email, but my PSN email was a second email.  I just accidentally logged into Sony Rewards with my PSN email, and it prompted me to associate my PSN account with my Sony Rewards account.  I clicked through not thinking anything was wrong about that, but immediately realized that there was nothing in my history: no previous orders, no points earned, no trophy passes, nothing.  Because it's a "new" account under my PSN email now.  It won't let me log in with my old Sony Rewards account now.

Did I just screw myself?  I was on platinum #9 right before the changeover too.  UGHHHHHHH.

#5272 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67775 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

How in the hell do you turn in platinum trophies for rewards points.

It's not up at the moment, but you don't turn in trophies for points. You have to enable the Rewards Passes first and the trophies you earned from then on count towards these goals, which are earned automatically as you reach them.

Dumb question, but will Sony Rewards send a $10 gift card for 10 platinum's regardless of that "pass"?  I got my 10th on the 27th and the rewards site is showing a pending order for 1000 points on the 28th that I did not make because I don't have that many points. So, not really sure what's going on there, but I wouldn't complain.

No, they just add the points to your account.

From the FAQ:

What are Passes?

Stay tuned. A new pass experience is coming soon. For more information visit the Passes page under the Earn section of Sony Rewards.

Will I lose any of my current pass progress?

No. We will be transitioning all of your completed Passes, and in-progress Passes to the new pass experience.

Will I still be earning towards my PlayStation® Passes?

Yes. All of the PlayStation® Passes that you’re eligible for will continue to progress based on your activity.

Yeah, they sent out surveys recently about adding more stuff to do for reward points in the future, which I assume is part of this whole overhaul of Sony Rewards.

#5273 Sielanas  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:23 AM

PSVR people, how good is the Aim Controller? Currently crazy expensive and wondering if I should keep my eyes open for a sale.

#5274 sp0rklez  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:18 AM

No, they just add the points to your account. 

I probably should have been more clear in my post. In that particular pass, I was only at about 5/10 platinum trophies. I got my 10th overall platinum trophy on the 27th and it says there are points pending. I was wondering if they do it regardless of the pass since it is my 10th or if it was an error. Not that I'd be complaining of this either way. Just curious if that's how it works.

#5275 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1553 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

I probably should have been more clear in my post. In that particular pass, I was only at about 5/10 platinum trophies. I got my 10th overall platinum trophy on the 27th and it says there are points pending. I was wondering if they do it regardless of the pass since it is my 10th or if it was an error. Not that I'd be complaining of this either way. Just curious if that's how it works.

They only track the trophies you earn AFTER starting a pass. Any platinums you earned before the passes were introduced do not count

#5276 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:11 PM

They only track the trophies you earn AFTER starting a pass. Any platinums you earned before the passes were introduced do not count

That's the crappiest rewards system. I won't even sign up to support that.

#5277 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

That's the crappiest rewards system. I won't even sign up to support that.

Crappy?  Maybe.  All I know is that I spent money on PSN games and they gave me points that I just traded to get more money for PSN games.

Also, get this, they gave me points for playing games I already own that I traded in to get more money for PSN games.

I am satisfied.  It is something for nothing (since I was going to spend the money and play games anyway).

#5278 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

PSVR people, how good is the Aim Controller? Currently crazy expensive and wondering if I should keep my eyes open for a sale.

I personally loved using it in Farpoint. It’s a bit goofy looking but as long as it’s calibrated correctly it gets the job done and well worth it for the experience. I wish more games utilized it. But I personally don’t regret the purchase.

#5279 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8326 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Noob question, but I've never done a digital preorder on PSN.
Is there a cutoff for when you can preorder earlier than the unlock time?

#5280 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   944 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

I’ve only used it on a couple of different games so far, but it’s awesome. Your best bet is to get the Firewall Zero Hour bundle. I’ve heard that game is great and it costs the same as the aim by itself. In stock at Best Buy and gcu eligible if you have it https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys
I paid $64 at Newegg for the Farpoint bundle earlier this year and have zero regrets