* * * * - 11 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Black Friday Prep, Choice Provisions, Final Fantasy, & Zen Studios Sales!

#5401 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1993 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

If you want to play the most realistic ww2 shooter to date using a lesbian with a prosthetic arm this is your game.

Now I have been out of the FPS MP only genre for a very long time... so I heard there was some controversy with Battlefield V. Just looked into it after seeing your comment...

Not even on clearance. Ever.

#5402 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1868 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:53 AM

shadow of the tomb raider even worth 30? I heard some bad things about it. what about the season pass?

It was pretty solid.  The graphics are great, with the jungles feeling alive.  I think it was my least favorite of the three, gameplay-wise, though, but that's largely due to the second half where you're kind of stuck in one area for most of it that I found a little meh.  The first half was great, and the second half still had its moments.  I have the season pass (got the Croft Steelbook Edition), but I don't think anybody can really comment on it since none of the DLC is out yet.  The first DLC challenge tomb comes out at the end of this week.

#5403 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:04 AM

Now I have been out of the FPS MP only genre for a very long time... so I heard there was some controversy with Battlefield V. Just looked into it after seeing your comment...

Not even on clearance. Ever.

Good. We don’t need your homophobic, sexist, and abelist attitudes in this game!

This is a celebration of the literal non 0 amount of women who fought and died on the front lines during WW II. NON 0! That’s a fact jack! It happened man!

So check your male privledge and get your head out of the sand! Progress is coming with or without you!

/s

#5404 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:30 AM

It was pretty solid.  The graphics are great, with the jungles feeling alive.  I think it was my least favorite of the three, gameplay-wise, though, but that's largely due to the second half where you're kind of stuck in one area for most of it that I found a little meh.  The first half was great, and the second half still had its moments.  I have the season pass (got the Croft Steelbook Edition), but I don't think anybody can really comment on it since none of the DLC is out yet.  The first DLC challenge tomb comes out at the end of this week.

The first DLC was released today: https://store.playst...OTTRCHALLBUN001

I really liked the new Tomb Raider. I think it looks gorgeous and feels like a solid entry in the franchise. I heard they sorted out the trophy glitches too. I haven't started it up since September, but I'm crossing my fingers some of them will pop automatically when I do.

#5405 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6650 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:49 AM

For the Zen Pinball Tables, I read the note from Frisky, but just want to make sure.

If I buy this, https://store.playst...ENPINBALL2COREK

I will get this, https://store.playst...INBALLFX3CORE0K

Right? Seems odd that one is 50 cents cheaper.

#5406 jaykilluminati  

jaykilluminati

Posted Today, 05:59 AM

Good. We don’t need your homophobic, sexist, and abelist attitudes in this game!

This is a celebration of the literal non 0 amount of women who fought and died on the front lines during WW II. NON 0! That’s a fact jack! It happened man!

So check your male privledge and get your head out of the sand! Progress is coming with or without you!

/s

The Fuck.

#5407 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3147 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

For the Zen Pinball Tables, I read the note from Frisky, but just want to make sure.

If I buy this, https://store.playst...ENPINBALL2COREK

I will get this, https://store.playst...INBALLFX3CORE0K

The pricing and complicated cross buy of all of these pinball tables is maddening.
Frisky steers you right with his advice and cross buy links, but trying to figure out what to buy, what you own and the cheapest way to buy it is impossible by looking at the store.

#5408 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67775 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

If I buy this, https://store.playst...ENPINBALL2COREK

I will get this, https://store.playst...INBALLFX3CORE0K

Most of the tables I have in PFX3 came from Zen Pinball 2, so it should be fine. It's the miracle of Cross Buy.

#5409 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted Today, 06:25 AM

/s

I find it funny as a black person that a lot of us can get upset over playing as only a white character but if a lot of white people are forced to play as a black one only they flip a table angry at it or playing as a woman.

I welcome diversity. And diversity isn't code for genocide.

#5410 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted Today, 07:09 AM

Got a $10 check in the mail today for that old PS3 class action lawsuit. Guess I can use that to buy Runner 3!

Is that the class action lawsuit on Sony for removing Linux/OtherOS support on the PS3? I almost forgot I had filled out a forum for my old launch PS3 back in December last year. No check in the mail yet.

#5411 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1993 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted Today, 08:01 AM

I find it funny as a black person that a lot of us can get upset over playing as only a white character but if a lot of white people are forced to play as a black one only they flip a table angry at it or playing as a woman.

I welcome diversity. And diversity isn't code for genocide.

Thats not the issue here, it's re writing history because some people complain that in WWII most of the militaries involved were "white men"

Thus we need to re-write history and put a female main who is handicapped (spoiler, would not be allowed in military as a handicapped person... nor on the front line fighting in WWII)

Want to set the game in 2018? or later? fine with that.

But don't re-write history.

And those that complain about being forced to play as a black man, or a white man, or a female... they have issues. Again, thats not the problem here.

And I think you missed his "/s" at the end.  ;)

#5412 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted Today, 08:59 AM

LOL at people complaining that BF V isn't realistic.  No sh*t.  It's the video game equivalent of a summer blockbuster movie.  Check your expectations of realism at the door.

#5413 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:05 AM

LOL at people complaining that BF V isn't realistic. No sh*t. It's the video game equivalent of a summer blockbuster movie. Check your expectations of realism at the door.

You mean I can't pass my world history class by playing Battlefield games? This was going to be an investment in my education.

#5414 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3147 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:26 PM

Luckily Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed are 100% historically accurate. Who cares about rewriting history in a video game? That seems like an excuse for being mad rather than a real reason.

#5415 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:37 PM

The video game industry rewrites history all the damn time.  It's not as if all people from all other cultures speak English with a caricature of an accent, even in their own country and even to their fellow countrymen, and often decades if not centuries ago, no?

#5416 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

Of the three Star Ocean games that are on sale, which one is the best? I haven't played any since the second one on the original PlayStation.

#5417 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Of the three Star Ocean games that are on sale, which one is the best? I haven't played any since the second one on the original PlayStation.

Can't say which is best, but stay far, far away from Integrity and Faithlessness. Universally reviled.

#5418 epictacosam  

epictacosam

Posted Today, 01:47 PM

Till the end of time is easily the best out of those 3. People pretty much stopped liking the series after this game. The 2 most recent ones are mediocre at best.