* * * * - 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/16: Black Friday Sale & More! $40 Year PS+ & $80 Year PS Now Subs! $22 Detroit/God of War, $20 P5, & More!

#5581 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Isnt the Spideman PS4 Pro the newer quieter model of Pro's? Running Red Dead or Black Ops does cause the system to get pretty noisy but for huge games like that I find it normal. Plus when I suspend the game in order to go into an app the system runs quieter from then on out even after returning to the game.

The RDR2 one is even quieter.

#5582 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Would the 20% code from the system i got work for the PS plus subscription because I would use it to get it for $32 if that’s the case.

It specifically says it’s for games.

#5583 Omni99  

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Getting the PS4/SpiderMan slim bundle on Sunday. Can’t wait to play SpiderMan, but was hoping that Fire Pro Wrestling Was going to be on sale. No biggie though.

If you are interested in physical then Gamestop/Amazon have it for 29.99 now.

#5584 boostlag   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

boostlag

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 PM

Rb6 siege complete for 39bux is a bargain. Trying the free weekend with a friend and this is replacing overwatch.

#5585 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Isnt the Spideman PS4 Pro the newer quieter model of Pro's? Running Red Dead or Black Ops does cause the system to get pretty noisy but for huge games like that I find it normal. Plus when I suspend the game in order to go into an app the system runs quieter from then on out even after returning to the game.

Spider-Man PS4 Pro is the 7100 series, RDR2 PS4 Pro is the newer 7200 model that's supposed to be even quieter.

#5586 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Rb6 siege complete for 39bux is a bargain. Trying the free weekend with a friend and this is replacing overwatch.

good. overwatch is for man-children

#5587 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 PM

How is Playstation Now? Is it pretty good nowadays? How does DLC work? For example, if I play Fallout 3 on there, there's no way I can get the DLC trophies, right?

Try the 7 day trial and check it out. I was surprised by the quality. Aside from the rare buffer, it doesn't even feel like you're streaming aside from the sound quality.

Also it sounds like you can't use dlc while streaming but maybe when you download?

#5588 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

I think I'm going with:

The Last of Us

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete

If you haven't played either of these you are in for some amazing gaming.

#5589 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2026 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted Yesterday, 08:56 PM

If you haven't played either of these you are in for some amazing gaming.

HZD is great, not sure what the other one is....

#5590 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Thinking about a PS4 VR Bundle as Gamestop has the Skyrim edition for $250.

I know that there is a $200 bundle for Black Friday, but it does not have the hand controllers (Skyrim does) plus Astrobot is on sale for $20.

Hand Controllers the way to go?

#5591 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67803 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

I know that there is a $200 bundle for Black Friday, but it does not have the hand controllers (Skyrim does) plus Astrobot is on sale for $20.

Yeah, you can ensure you'll be able to play pretty much every game that way, so it's a good way to go.

#5592 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 PM

I really wish that they had matched more of the in-store deals on games this year. I don't want to pay more for digital than for disc games, but I also don't want to go out in the smoke and rain to shop this year in California. I have $40 in PSN cash, but I am having a difficult time deciding what to buy, and I don't really play any games online, so PS+ isn't really something that I need.

#5593 mastaspy007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

mastaspy007

Posted Today, 12:02 AM

That's the CAG struggle in a nutshell, isn't it? I still have AC: Origins and Shadow of War sealed from last Black Friday that I got at a GREAT deal but which doesn't seem that great anymore. I've played all the new releases I bought this year (God of War, Detroit, Vampyr, Shadow of the Tomb Raider) and they've all dropped significantly. Meanwhile, I'll have to wait longer for games I was specifically waiting to buy on BF (Spider-Man and 50+ games on my wishlist which haven't gone on sale all year). I always buy games with the intention of playing them as soon as possible, but sometimes I get distracted by the latest shiny object. Hindsight is 20/20, etc.

I was in the same boat as you with Shadow of War, but I recently unwrapped it telling myself to play it for at least an hour and I got hooked. It's such a fun game and the story was surprisingly entertaining too.

#5594 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Another one in the waiting in for Spider-Man price drop camp. Will definitely get Detroit when the price drops at Best Buy, hopefully tomorrow.

#5595 Lt Dan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:24 AM

So I havent been on PSN in a while: how do payments work now? I used to have buy PSN credits in like $5-$10 increments. Can I just pay the exact price of the games now? Interested in getting God of War and Detroit if Amazon doesn't have better prices this year.

#5596 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2523 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted Today, 02:30 AM

So I havent been on PSN in a while: how do payments work now? I used to have buy PSN credits in like $5-$10 increments. Can I just pay the exact price of the games now? Interested in getting God of War and Detroit if Amazon doesn't have better prices this year.

Yes you can. I believe you always could and it was just things under $5 that it forced you to put $5 in your digital wallet which is no longer the case.

#5597 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:31 AM

Yeah, they got rid of that dumb limit, probably because a lot of games fall below $5 for flash sales.

#5598 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1720 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:26 AM

Another one in the waiting in for Spider-Man price drop camp. Will definitely get Detroit when the price drops at Best Buy, hopefully tomorrow.

Spider-Man is on sale for $43 right now on eBay new. Even less if you’re eligible for $10 off coupon.

https://www.ebay.com...9&ul_noapp=true

#5599 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted Today, 03:30 AM

Got God of War and Wolfenstein 2 deluxe.

#5600 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4585 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:17 AM

But none of these Black Friday deals are PS+ exclusive, are they? I think your sub ended at the perfect time. You can always reactivate later during the end of year sales, when deals are usually better.

No, you're missing the point. I always end up having to resub at the beginning of November, and end up paying the full 60. Then there's a sale less than a month later. So it is worthwhile for me to buy a one-month pass to get my subscription to end after Black Friday so that I can easily take advantage of the yearly sale.

#5601 Sielanas  

Posted Today, 04:24 AM

No, you're missing the point. I always end up having to resub at the beginning of November, and end up paying the full 60. Then there's a sale less than a month later. So it is worthwhile for me to buy a one-month pass to get my subscription to end after Black Friday so that I can easily take advantage of the yearly sale.

Or stay unsubbed for a few weeks...

#5602 sethrhf   The Watcher CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

Just buy another full year on sale.  You can have multiple years of playstaion plus. If you think the price is good stock up.  Nothing is stopping you from getting a year at the sale price. Buying a month card is a waste of money.

#5603 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2089 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

I usually stock up PS+ enough that I have close to two years going at a time, but this time my subscription end date snuck up on me and I was forced to bite on the first $50 deal I saw.  Then right after, all these $40 deals pop up.  Dammit. :P

#5604 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:45 AM

You may want to consider one of the newer bundles. The headset is the same model but the games have been updated. They are already on sale at gamestop too for $200/250. The $200 bundle comes with Moss and Astrobot and the $250 bundle comes with Creed and Superhot + move controllers. It’s up to you of course if you prefer Skyrim or the other games. I do recommend the bundle with the move controllers because it can be hard to find a pair of them for $50, even used