* * * * - 12 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/16: Black Friday Sale & More! $40 Year PS+ & $80 Year PS Now Subs! $22 Detroit/God of War, $20 P5, & More!

#1801 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2473 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Grabbed South Park Gold Edition. How is the DLC?

There has only been one story dlc released so far "Casa Bonita". It was ok but nothing special. The other pack was just a challenge area.

#1802 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Except a gameplay vid is NOT the same as actually playing the game.
Your same argument was tried earlier, and shit canned then.
Driving a car and a driving video game are not the same, doesnt matter how many videos you watch... its not the same as actually playing it. Videos can be made to show onyl what the video maker wants. Metal gear survive for example, the negative reviews show the same shit and claim its throughout the entire game when its not.

What are you going on about? Just watch a normal person streaming or playing the game. Stop watching professional reviewers and YouTube personalities. There are so many videos of an average person like you and I booting up the game and getting started. No cuts, no flash or hype....just gameplay. If you don’t like what you see don’t buy it. It’s a simple concept. I mean how can you be deceived watching God of War or Last of Us’s gameplay they’re pretty straightforward. I’ll give you some credit for racing games because they can be hard to judge but I fail to see what you’re trying to achieve with all your complaining. Do you want everyone here to stop discussing games and opinions to be silenced worldwide because you bought a game once and didn’t like it?

#1803 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Controls shown in a video match perfectly to how a game controls in your hand. Yep a video is all someone needs.

It doesnt matter what it is, a video on anything is not the same as actually doing it yourself. Only used a racing game as an example.

And btw, this is just proving my point about not being able to have any opinion that is outside of the groupthink mentallity.
Watch this, listen to this person, or you are an idiot you cant have any opinion that is not approved by certain people.

#1804 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67801 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

Let me correct myself for all intents and purposes. Three JC3 levels showed up as free when I logged in and looked at them on the PS Store on mobile and desktop yesterday. I had waited until I got home before completing the purchase because the store was acting up when I logged in/tried to checkout on mobile:

Just Cause 3:Bavarium Sea Heist

Just Cause 3:Mech Land Assault

Just Cause 3:Sky Fortress

Most likely an error that will be adjusted later. Checked and they're showing "download to your PS4" but not "purchased." A thousand pardons for my stupidity on this one.

If you bought the season pass at some point, most of those make the DLC free rather than add them to your library, so that is probably what you were seeing a remnant of then.

#1805 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago   Now streaming Fallout 76 live on Twitch

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

You know it’s really hard to feel sorry for you guys who claim to be disappointed by popular games that people and reviewers recommend and you end up hating because we live in an age where you could have easily watched a gameplay video on YouTube even before the game came out. Please make an informed decision next time.

As explained, I knew beforehand what I was getting into. I knew I wasn't a fan of GoW. I knew I wasn't ever in love with the combat. I knew that at least the change of lore to Norse was something that interested me and I was hopeful from all the hype that it would just grab me.

I was wrong but I went in at least trying to give it a chance. I did, and in the future I'll just skip the DLC and sequels, easy as that.

#1806 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67801 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

#1807 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

where's the spend $100 get $15 back deal they normally have this time of the year?

#1808 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:36 PM

Controls shown in a video match perfectly to how a game controls in your hand. Yep a video is all someone needs.
It doesnt matter what it is, a video on anything is not the same as actually doing it yourself. Only used a racing game as an example.
And btw, this is just proving my point about not being able to have any opinion that is outside of the groupthink mentallity.
Watch this, listen to this person, or you are an idiot you cant have any opinion that is not approved by certain people.

His name is Thebacklash. I feel like you’re waisting your breath. Lol

#1809 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Dammit, I missed the Ghost Giant Quest on live again. Anyone happen to have a Zombie Vikings code they're not using?

EDIT: Thanks, Friskeroonie!

#1810 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67801 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Dammit, I missed the Ghost Giant Quest on live again. Anyone happen to have a Zombie Vikings code they're not using?

(Anyone...?)

Send me a PM and I'll give you the code I got yesterday when it first went up.

#1811 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36712 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

where's the spend $100 get $15 back deal they normally have this time of the year?

Probably thrown in the same room where they put the guy who thinks up PSN sales other than the same boring ones we get every month.

#1812 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

There has only been one story dlc released so far "Casa Bonita". It was ok but nothing special. The other pack was just a challenge area.

Cool, thanks for the input. So we are waiting on one more piece of DLC?

#1813 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

Killzone Shadow Fall worth it for $4?

They're only paying you $4 to get it?  I would then say, no, it's not worth it.

Let me clarify.  

The same company makes KZ:SF and HZD. 

I held off of buying the masterpiece Horizon Zero Dawn because Guerrilla Games made it.

#1814 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

I ended up getting

Dragon Ball FighterZ: FighterZ Edition

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Nioh: The Complete Edition

Odin Sphere Liefthrasir

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Nioh is a great game, but since the last patch it makes the very end game pretty much inaccessible to people that started later.  The story and expansions are fine, but everytime you start a new skill level you will be at a major disadvantage since it expects you to have gear from that skill level to succeed.  You either grind the first couple levels until you are at least somewhat gear or summon people to help you clear and farm upgrades.

It all culminates at the end game Abyss levels (of which there are 999 to truly "complete" the game), but the way people used to clear anything above mid 30s was seriously nerfed in the last patch.  Using gear available at that level makes you pretty much a one shot death, and pretty much everything will hit you out of the air if you use the death saving Quick Change buff.  You can't get better gear unless you clear them, and most of the people you summon at that level will just collect their cup then watch you die.

Again, fun to play the story and lots of value there, but if you are the type to want to 100% a game, it is frustrating to have to walk away.

#1815 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2473 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Cool, thanks for the input. So we are waiting on one more piece of DLC?

Yeah one more they've announced. I would assume it should happen in the next few months.

#1816 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7690 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

They're only paying you $4 to get it?  I would then say, no, it's not worth it.

Let me clarify.  

The same company makes KZ:SF and HZD. 

I held off of buying the masterpiece Horizon Zero Dawn because Guerrilla Games made it.

Wow.  I never knew that.  Amazing how bad one game is and how great the other is.  

#1817 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4584 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:57 PM

Guess because I care more often about gameplay than anything else, that all my opinions are null and void.

Guess I'll go write emotional backstories for these rooks, knights, bishops, kings, and queens so they can be enjoyed by the masses.

I care pretty much only about gameplay. Some here know that very well. I don't care if the story is trash if the combat system is terrific. Visual novels are the bane of my existence

That said? The last of us is probably one time I actually cared about characters. I fully identified with Joel. I can't think of another game where I cared if a character lived or died.

It's rare that I care about the story of a game at all. I have books that are far better written for that. Horizon was cool cuz it had a very interesting backstory grounded in sci-fi. But I didn't care about any of the characters. Perhaps I'm forgetting a game or two, but honestly, The Last of Us is the only time I can ever remember feeling a games story pushing me forward. I had to save Ellie. Usually all the characters are just pixels to me, and I'm only playing forward because I like the gameplay.

#1818 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

The Last of Us has great gameplay

i think some of you saw all the 10 out of 10 reviews and then just go out of your way to nitpick flaws

i rarely replay games, this is the only game over the last 20 years or so that i beat and immediately started over all in one sitting

#1819 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

If you bought the season pass at some point, most of those make the DLC free rather than add them to your library, so that is probably what you were seeing a remnant of then.

Ahh, that makes sense. I bought the XL edition recently so maybe that's why the DLC showed up as free(?)

#1820 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

i think some of you saw all the 10 out of 10 reviews and then just go out of your way to nitpick flaws

i rarely replay games, this is the only game over the last 20 years or so that i beat and immediately started over all in one sitting

Well since i pretty much skipped every ps3 game at the time, i went to the dark side of pc/xbox almost exclusively.

First time i even heard of the game was when i bought my ps4 and it was included.

Im also a gameplay guy and dispise VN’s and dont care much for story as long as the gameplay is there. I only got about 2 hours in maybe? Never had any desire to go back... someday maybe.

So for me it wasnt the need to nitpik, i just never knew it existed before my ps4

#1821 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3001 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

You know it’s really hard to feel sorry for you guys who claim to be disappointed by popular games that people and reviewers recommend and you end up hating because we live in an age where you could have easily watched a gameplay video on YouTube even before the game came out. Please make an informed decision next time.

Some people do like to go into a game as blindly as reasonably possible. I don't like watching lots of trailers or keeping up with announcements, because experiencing and being exposed to everything fresh is another part of the enjoyment. "Here comes that part I watched earlier" versus "whoa; you can do this?"

Obviously a drawback to that method is being potentially set up for something you're not going to like. But on the other hand, if you look too closely into a game before you buy it, there won't be any surprises left. The point is, there's no one proper approach that you should admonish anyone for not taking.

#1822 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2820 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:36 AM

Wow yup, you got me! I downloaded the game day 1, antsy waiting for the loading screen to change to ready to play *just* so I could several years later bitch and moan to a bunch of strangers about how the gameplay had these *teensy* flaws that I could blow totally out of proportion. 

Or, maybe, I was really excited about the game, drawn into the story, but felt like I was trudging through the combat to get to the next story-bit-/food-pellet and just decided it wasnt worth it and bailed. 

Seriously, I didnt much like the shooting parts, but they were okay enough. I *really* didnt like the clicker encounters though. I have no inherent bias towards stealth, but I just didnt enjoy it so I stopped. It was more disappointment than anything. I've played worse-produced games all the way through. But TLoU just didnt keep me. I'm actually pretty bummed that it didnt. 

#1823 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3053 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:50 AM

I want Persona 5. Wish they'd announce if it was coming to PC already. Might pick up Odin Sphere for PS4, though, since I doubt it'll receive a port.

#1824 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

TERA pack

ND5L-3CN8-J5PD

Zombie Vikings

NB4C-MBNH-GT7D

World of Tanks Starter Kit

DQ5A-CTNG-2P3F

Rez Dynamic theme

ENMR-2ANK-FH8E

Please post when you snipe these

#1825 thevampyre   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

thevampyre

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:56 AM

TERA pack

ND5L-3CN8-J5PD

Zombie Vikings
NB4C-MBNH-GT7D

DQ5A-CTNG-2P3F

Rez Dynamic theme
ENMR-2ANK-FH8E

Used the Zombie Vikings code. Thank you

#1826 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3001 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:07 AM

My phone absolutely refuses to load the code redemption page..

#1827 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3147 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:20 AM

It says tomorrow that there will be more Zombie Vikings codes. Does anyone know when that happens?

#1828 Ibacai  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:29 AM

TERA pack

ND5L-3CN8-J5PD

Zombie Vikings
NB4C-MBNH-GT7D

DQ5A-CTNG-2P3F

Rez Dynamic theme
ENMR-2ANK-FH8E

Well, it would be nice if the lurkers said when they used codes but that would be expecting too much. I’ll save some people some time and say these are all gone.

#1829 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67801 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:53 AM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Expand - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/27

:ps4: Expand + Soundtrack Bundle - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/27

:ps4: Expand Soundtrack - $3.59 - 10% Off - Ends 6/27

Freebies:

PSVR Football Nation VR - Tournament 2018 - Free

#1830 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3499 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:39 AM

Freebies:

PSVR Football Nation VR - Tournament 2018 - Free

How is this going free? It sounds like it was a major free patch for owners of the game but not intended to make the game free. Think this is an error?