* * * * - 12 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/16: Black Friday Sale & More! $40 Year PS+ & $80 Year PS Now Subs! $22 Detroit/God of War, $20 P5, & More!

#1831 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67799 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

How is this going free? It sounds like it was a major free patch for owners of the game but not intended to make the game free. Think this is an error?

That's DLC, not the game. This is the game:

https://store.playst...NVR1US000000001

#1832 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

I didn't see this earlier:

#1833 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8282 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

https://twitter.com/...975016028778502

Nice!

#1834 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2520 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

https://twitter.com/...975016028778502

This is so perfect for telltale, can't wait!

#1835 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

Ellie confirmed as only playable character in TLOU II. Pretty much all I need to know at this point. I'm sure they have their (stupid) reasons but seeing Joel sidelined for Ellie just tells me that they're trying way too hard to be progressive and while that's fine, I would reject not being able to play as Joel since he's a far better developed character.

It's kinda like if they made an Uncharted game that didn't focus on Nat. . .oh wait. . .

#1836 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Even though I understand that he'd be older now too, I still would prefer that he be the main character I liked him a lot.

#1837 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Here are a couple quest codes I'll never use:
World of Tanks starter kit L8B4-54N6-DKG8
Tera E3 pack DAC4-LNNN-BTNK

#1838 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Might be a repost or old but Magic Knight on PS4 free:
https://store.playst...AMELWAMGC000000

#1839 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Zombie Vikings quest is live again!

#1840 growsinwater  

growsinwater

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Zombie Vikings quest is live again!

It let me watch the video and then I clicked on redeem prize and for like 3 minutes it just refused to load and finally it said "no more prizes" 

#1841 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

It let me watch the video and then I clicked on redeem prize and for like 3 minutes it just refused to load and finally it said "no more prizes" 

Sad times. I was sitting in the living room with the family and saw that it was 11:59 here and just stood up and ran off without saying why lol. Managed to get one this time so I am pleased.

#1842 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5338 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

$2 Million dollars, Joel will be playable in TLOU 2 as..........dlc. No way he's relegated to only cutscenes for the sequel.  

#1843 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

Ellie confirmed as only playable character in TLOU II. Pretty much all I need to know at this point. I'm sure they have their (stupid) reasons but seeing Joel sidelined for Ellie just tells me that they're trying way too hard to be progressive and while that's fine, I would reject not being able to play as Joel since he's a far better developed character.

It's kinda like if they made an Uncharted game that didn't focus on Nat. . .oh wait. . .

maybe play the game or wait for reviews before you decide the game sucks based on playing as a female character

#1844 Briar36   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

Me too.

#1845 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

I would reject not being able to play as Joel since he's a far better developed character.

True, but the reason why he’s a better developed character is because he had a entire game mostly focused on his story. So it makes perfect sense for the sequel to be Ellie’s Story.

#1846 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:46 PM

Having a female protagonist is "trying way too hard to be progressive", got it.  :eyeroll:

I'm really looking forward to the game.

#1847 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

It's sad to see Sony is being a giant douchebag with Fortnite accounts - if you play FortNite on PS4, Sony takes your FortNite account hostage and it can't be used on any other console.  I love the PS4, but between this and preventing all cross-platform play, Sony is pissing me off.

https://arstechnica....layers-are-mad/

#1848 CozmoKhan   Go Blackhawks! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

Rats! I missed the zombie Vikings quest

#1849 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

maybe play the game or wait for reviews before you decide the game sucks based on playing as a female character

Maybe read what I said or don't twist my words?

#1850 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

Maybe read what I said or don't twist my words?

how did i twist your words?

#1851 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

Having a female protagonist is "trying way too hard to be progressive", got it.  :eyeroll:

I'm really looking forward to the game.

Female AND (wholesomely) openly gay protagonist is a new one on me, so I see it as being very progressive which I don't mind. Not being able to play as Joel, I do. Without him, there is no Last of Us and simply putting him in the game as a minor character (as it has been hinted at) just doesn't interest me enough to play. I liked the dynamic he had in the first game and how well developed he was. Them throwing him away did the same for my interests.

#1852 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

how did i twist your words?

I never said the game sucked because of Ellie or that I'd hate playing as her, I said I wasn't interested in playing because I'd want to play as Joel again.

#1853 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

Female AND (wholesomely) openly gay protagonist is a new one on me, so I see it as being very progressive which I don't mind. Not being able to play as Joel, I do. Without him, there is no Last of Us and simply putting him in the game as a minor character (as it has been hinted at) just doesn't interest me enough to play. I liked the dynamic he had in the first game and how well developed he was. Them throwing him away did the same for my interests.

Many of the BioWare games can have gay protagonists (depending on how you play).  In any case, Ellie being gay isn't new information, it was pretty apparent in the Left Behind DLC.  It's not as if they suddenly said, "Oh, let's make her gay!"

#1854 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

I like Ellie but am disappointed that Joel isn't playable.  I didn't mind the Uncharted spinoff at all.  But IMO both characters were major focal points of the original game and should continue to be in the sequel.  We'll have to see just how much he shows up in part two's storyline, I suppose.

#1855 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

Many of the BioWare games can have gay protagonists (depending on how you play).  In any case, Ellie being gay isn't new information, it was pretty apparent in the Left Behind DLC.  It's not as if they suddenly said, "Oh, let's make her gay!"

Hmmm, Bioware games you have the choice to make Shepard gay but here it's just fact. Not having a choice of the orientation for the character you play is what I meant as being a new one for me. And it wasn't news to me: again, the only news here is that Joel will not be playable in the second game. I want to play Joel. Simple.

#1856 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

I like Ellie but am disappointed that Joel isn't playable.  I didn't mind the Uncharted spinoff at all.  But IMO both characters were major focal points of the original game and should continue to be in the sequel.  We'll have to see just how much he shows up in part two's storyline, I suppose.

Right, and equally I HATED that Sully wasn't in Uncharted 2 because he and Nathan played off each other perfectly. It was a blow for my interest in that game; was so happy when he came back in 3. It happens with any medium where you enjoy it because the people are what make it special, fictional or not. When you remove a key ingredient in any recipe, it changes how it tastes.

Losing Joel as a main character just makes it bitter for me.

#1857 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

I kind of feel like you missed the point of The Last of Us if you refuse to play as Ellie in the sequel (or even the DLC). The first game you spend trying to protect Ellie and form this father-daughter bond with her. Why so much animosity towards her now? To me, it's like the Walking Dead games, where the first game you played as Lee and basically informed Clementine's survival technique, and then the second game you played as Clem applying that practical knowledge. It might be done for clearly narrative reasons.

Spoiler

#1858 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13680 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

I kind of feel like you missed the point of The Last of Us if you refuse to play as Ellie in the sequel (or even the DLC). The first game you spend trying to protect Ellie and form this father-daughter bond with her. Why so much animosity towards her now? To me, it's like the Walking Dead games, where the first game you played as Lee and basically informed Clementine's survival technique, and then the second game you played as Clem applying that practical knowledge. It might be done for clearly narrative reasons.

Spoiler

I never liked Ellie's character in the first game, but it was understood she was a vehicle for the plot and strengthened character development for Joel. The 'Lone Wolf and Cub' vibe was perfect for the story since it pushed it forward and made you feel like a guardian, something most of us can relate to.

And Joel looked to be in his 50's by the time Ellie was a young adult, so I don't buy that he's this old man just waiting to die. Maybe if he was looking 70 or 80. . .

#1859 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Joel is dead. How is this not apparent at this point? After that first teaser from PSX and the complete lack of mention of him since it's more likely than not he's dead. Odds are he'll be in the game, but only as a memory and in flashbacks.

That gameplay looked absolutely sick. I, for one, cannot wait for LoU2.

#1860 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

hahaha these poor boys scared of playing as a woman. We all know thats what leads directly into having all the gay.