* * * * - 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 1/15: Holiday Sale Hangover! $10 Redout LE, $24 UFC 3, & More!

#7231 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   907 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, is the all-in one package supposed to be available after KH3 releases, too? I wanted to use a 20% off coupon on it

#7232 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 PM

I really hope Days Gone turns out to be as awesome as it looks.

Agreed, but the general sentiment from a lot of commentators who have seen it up close is negative or at least not very positive and i've noticed that this generally tends to work out as the same end result in most cases.  I know there are exceptions like Doom, but generally, pre-release impressions from industry veterans tend to be fairly accurate at predicting the finished product.

#7233 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted Yesterday, 07:04 PM

I'm playing through re: CoM right now and I don't know if I can finish it. The card battle system just kills any enjoyment to me. I'll probably try and slog it out, but ugh I'm ready to jump into KH 2 FM already.

#7234 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, is the all-in one package supposed to be available after KH3 releases, too? I wanted to use a 20% off coupon on it

After Kingdom Hearts 3 releases all copies of the all in one package are supposed to be destroyed.

#7235 elessar123  

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

But it's ok, you can find the 10 games and combine them into one package.

Wait...

#7236 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68069 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM

The Mortal Kombat 11 reveal:

I think it starts about 30 minutes in.

#7237 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 PM

But it's ok, you can find the 10 games and combine them into one package.

Wait...

but you will be missing one and that one will be the game those terrorist scalpers on amazon and ebay want an arm and leg for. Possibly your first born.

#7238 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68069 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Dreams beta codes going out today:

#7239 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 PM

I'm playing through re: CoM right now and I don't know if I can finish it. The card battle system just kills any enjoyment to me. I'll probably try and slog it out, but ugh I'm ready to jump into KH 2 FM already.

Be warned, I just quit on KH2 FM  after about 20 hours because on the default difficulty the game is way too easy and it gets very boring.  I'm not saying I'm some KH master, I generally don't like hard games, I'm saying you literally can't lose by just mashing attack and spamming the link moves so watch out if you don't want to quit 2 KH games in a row.

#7240 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

I quit that game on PS2 because I thought it was such a dumb mechanic. I understand them implementing that on DS, but on PS2 that mechanic didn't need to stay.

#7241 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68069 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Bridge - $2.89 - 71% Off - Ends 2/14

PS4

Madden NFL 19: Ultimate Super Bowl Edition - $23.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/25

Tumblestone - $7.24 - 71% Off - Ends 2/14

PS4 Add-ons

Paladins - Champions Pack - $19.49 - 35% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/23

Paladins - Digital Deluxe Edition 2019 - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/23

Smite - Ultimate God Pack Bundle - $19.49 - 35% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/23

Here are the freebies:

Demos

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial

Drowning Demo

PSVR Eden Tomorrow

Jump Force Open Beta

Override: Mech City Brawl Trial

PSVR PlayStation VR Demo DIsc 3

Add-ons

Paladins - PlayStation Plus Pack - Free

Earthlock Avatar Burning Desert - Free

Earthlock Avatar Gobking - Free

Earthlock Avatar Nauticle - Free

Earthlock Avatar Treasure Chest - Free

Some other notable releases:

PSVR Kingdom of Blades - $9.99

Planet Rix-13 - $4.99

:vita: Planet Rix-13 - $4.99

YIIK: A Postmodern RPG - $19.99

Added three new demos and two releases that were added a bit later.

#7242 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2187 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

After Kingdom Hearts 3 releases all copies of the all in one package are supposed to be destroyed.

Where did you get this info from?

#7243 elessar123  

Posted Today, 12:52 AM

Where did you get this info from?

From Master Xehanort himself.

#7244 Omni99  

Posted Today, 01:12 AM

I'm all about that Mortal Kombat reveal. Loved the brutal gameplay trailer.

#7245 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68069 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 02:02 AM

https://blog.us.play...20-at-ps-store/

Flash Sale is incoming for tomorrow.

#7246 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted Today, 02:14 AM

Here I was thinking it's about time for another Flash Sale, but thinking we just had the Holiday FS so maybe not. Thanks for posting the link Frisky.

In other news, I thought LEGO The Hobbit was delisted? It's on the list of PS4 games for the FS.

#7247 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted Today, 03:13 AM

If I wasn't so keen on getting the Resident Evil 2 DLC, I would get LEGO Avengers Deluxe Edition.

#7248 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   907 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:23 AM

I meant the digital version, so are they going to digitally destroy it?

#7249 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 04:30 AM

Thankfully, I don't have any expectations of Kingdom Heart III at all, since I haven't played any of the other KH games to contrast it to. I have them, mind you (and have had KH3 pre-ordered since 2015,) but I held off on playing them since I know they have Final Fantasy characters, and to get the most from their appearances, I want to wait until I've at least played the FF games that they appear in. FF7 was the last Final Fantasy game I played and I've been having such a hard time bringing myself to play FF8.

The FF characters are just there to have more characters. They are totally seperate incarnations than those that appear in the FF games, like the events of the various FF games are not at all connected to KH. You literally just need to know the character's name and you're all set.

#7250 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 04:36 AM

I love the Kingdom Hearts series. The plot is pure nonsense. Don't worry about playing other games to understand it because people who have played all the games don't understand it. It was convoluted and nonsensical in the very first game and has only upped the bar in each game after. Their is no game that is vital to understanding the plot of KH3 because these games are not made to be understood.

I don't think you've paid much attention to them if that's what you've come away with. I've played them all and understand the plot. Every game is vital except Coded and Union X. You can watch a video for Chain of Memories though to avoid the card crap.

#7251 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 04:37 AM

as far as we know the digital all in one is just for that pre-order bundle. There is the physical "The Story so Far" bundle though.

#7252 elessar123  

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

The FF characters are just there to have more characters. They are totally seperate incarnations than those that appear in the FF games, like the events of the various FF games are not at all connected to KH. You literally just need to know the character's name and you're all set.

Except they renamed Squall to Leon or whatever reason (in JP, he's still Squall)

#7253 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted Today, 04:45 AM

I don't think you've paid much attention to them if that's what you've come away with. I've played them all and understand the plot. Every game is vital except Coded and Union X. You can watch a video for Chain of Memories though to avoid the card crap.

I'm certain you think you understand the plot but how can you understand a plot that isn't meant to be understandable?

#7254 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 04:49 AM

many of them aren't even the same characters.  There's also the duplicates thing going on with 2 rikkus.

#7255 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 04:50 AM

Except they renamed Squall to Leon or whatever reason (in JP, he's still Squall)

Yep.  Seifer is also completely different than his ff8 counterpart.  Which is kinda sad as I want him to be spouting on about his romantic dream.

#7256 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted Today, 05:39 AM

I'm certain you think you understand the plot but how can you understand a plot that isn't meant to be understandable?

I'm with you on that since I beat both KH games on ps2 back in the day and I don't remember a damn thing.Yet I vividly remember FF7/Xenogears/Chrono trigger stories and characters and I played them before KH games.So yeah the KH games make no damn sense and you'd have to watch a YouTube video and have someone break the story down bit by bit to understand it.