* * * * - 11 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/6: Square Enix, Frozenbyte, & Double Discount Sales! $20 Ark, $2 Hitman Go, $1.19 Legacy of Kain, & More!

#871 Ltrain8765   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Ltrain8765

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:58 AM

This is absolutely shocking. Not the policy that you describe, but that you actually wrote this thinking someone here didn't know Sony profits off the store.

As for the rest of your post, sure, I mean yeah, you're bending over backwards to say Sony controls sales. And sure, Sony could give every single game away for free as long as it paid the Publishers their desired amount. But that's missing the point. The fact is, in practice, Publishers control the sales. When you see a sale price during a sale, the publisher set it. Just because in theory, Sony could have a sale by reducing there cut doesn't mean they suddenly have control over the price , nor does it mean it's how things are done.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to twist this into a Sony versus Microsoft thing, because that has nothing to do with it.

yes sir --   you keep being you

#872 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

The true travesty is that Best Buy charges extra for alternative packaging such as Steelbooks when they are clearly purposefully made in limited supply just to grant an aura of rarity.  And you know that none of that money goes to the alchemists who divined the formula to make the steel.

#873 .Beowulf  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

I randomly stopped getting the wednesday and friday emails from psn  a few weeks ago after years of getting them

such a weird system

#874 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:51 PM

Any thoughts on Matterfall? Looks fun but seems short. Has anyone here played it?

#875 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Need for Speed Rivals. Fun game. It has a cops chasing racers thing going for it like NFS Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit. These games are what Criterion moved onto after Burnout Paradise. Rivals isn’t the best one, but it’s the only one on PS4 and it’s pretty dang good.

Thanks! Probably grab it.

#876 Sielanas  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

I love Burnout, couldn't get interested in Rivals.

Bought Catlateral Damage for when I eventually get psvr. Three bucks from the wallet, I've bought worse.

#877 Miker525  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

Is the new Need For Speed any good? I played Rivals on PC and it was pretty good but don't know if I want to double dip and get it for PS4. I really miss the NFS Underground games

#878 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

Everything "Purchased" in my library and for less than what I paid for it. Check.

It says 5/21 8am PST.

Different strokes for different fucks. Life is Strange, Firewatch and Edith Finch are among my favorite games, but they're not for everyone. You have to enjoy narrative adventures and interactive storytelling.

Spoiler

User name checks out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#879 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Is the new Need For Speed any good? I played Rivals on PC and it was pretty good but don't know if I want to double dip and get it for PS4. I really miss the NFS Underground games

I loved it but I enjoy almost all the Need for Speed games.

#880 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

Is there a separate thread for the flash sale? I even Googled for it and can't find it.

#881 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

Is there a separate thread for the flash sale? I even Googled for it and can't find it.

I think Frisky is busy but you can use Reddit's list in the meantime.

https://blog.us.play...e-worthy-games/

https://www.reddit.c...ds_521_8am_pdt/

#882 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   793 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for this.  And yes, Frisky is human too

#883 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6042 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

Let's keep the off-topic banter about the OP not posting deals to a minimum, please.

#884 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for this. And yes, Frisky is human too

First blackbeard and now frisky. We are disappearing 1 by 1. There is a conspiracy happening and somebody is up to something

#885 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

I was about to buy the EA Family Pack that contains this game, but after I researched it, I discovered that the game won't even run without being online. I don't have PS Plus, and if I can't get online someday, that will also make that Need for Speed game useless. So I think that I might pass on it.

Right now, I'm looking at purchasing Party Golf for PS4 although I don't know much about it and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for PS3. But both are cheap. Any thoughts on Party Golf?

#886 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

So I found a loop with GameStop and Don’t Starve Together Mega Pack. The discs are faulty and don’t contain all the advertised content. So when you buy the hardcopy in store they print you a code out on your receipt that is SUPPOSED to give you everything they missed (pretty much everything but DST I believe); however it actually gives you the entire digital version of the Mega Pack.

You can literally purchase the game, enter the code on your phone app, then return the hard copy.

Don’t Starve Mega Pack: Free of Charge

#887 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

So I found a loop with GameStop and Don’t Starve Together Mega Pack. The discs are faulty and don’t contain all the advertised content. So when you buy the hardcopy in store they print you a code out on your receipt that is SUPPOSED to give you everything they missed (pretty much everything but DST I believe); however it actually gives you the entire digital version of the Mega Pack.

You can literally purchase the game, enter the code on your phone app, then return the hard copy.

Don’t Starve Mega Pack: Free of Charge

So, how is this not stealing?

#888 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

I was about to buy the EA Family Pack that contains this game, but after I researched it, I discovered that the game won't even run without being online. I don't have PS Plus, and if I can't get online someday, that will also make that Need for Speed game useless. So I think that I might pass on it.

Right now, I'm looking at purchasing Party Golf for PS4 although I don't know much about it and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for PS3. But both are cheap. Any thoughts on Party Golf?

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. You can still play the story mode without PS Plus. In fact, maybe people prefer turning off other players joining in while playing the story mode anyway, since other Racers can mess up your race

#889 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

So, how is this not stealing?

So you’re required to open the game and keep it so as to appease the moral gods?

You’re somethin’ else.

#890 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67766 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

Sorry. Been really busy all weekend and don't have the time to write up a list with less than a day to go.

#891 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

So you’re required to open the game and keep it so as to appease the moral gods?

You’re somethin’ else.

No, I just won't buy the game to keep the DLC that was meant for the game because of an error on the publishers part.

You keep pissing off the moral gods, though...

#892 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

No, I just won't buy the game to keep the DLC that was meant for the game because of an error on the publishers part.

Congrats for you?

#893 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

Any iOS developers on here looking for a job? Wife is recruiting some right now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#894 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:08 AM

Anyone know if Need for Speed Rivals has separate trophy lists on PS3 and PS4? I planted it on PS4 but I'm debating Double dipping. Need for Speed is probably my favorite franchise and I can never get enough. I am buying hot Pursuit even though I already plotted it.

That's probably my biggest problem with trophies... I find it hard to go back to games that I've already Plated like Hot Pursuit or demon souls. I wish that wasn't so.

#895 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:24 AM

Anyone know if Need for Speed Rivals has separate trophy lists on PS3 and PS4? I planted it on PS4 but I'm debating Double dipping. Need for Speed is probably my favorite franchise and I can never get enough. I am buying hot Pursuit even though I already plotted it.

That's probably my biggest problem with trophies... I find it hard to go back to games that I've already Plated like Hot Pursuit or demon souls. I wish that wasn't so.

rivals has seperate trophy lists

#896 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:25 AM

The first code I received was on Friday night because I was inquiring about the situation. A local GS employee printed me a code and handed it to me as proof.

#897 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2422 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:23 AM

To think, it only took 23 months from Sean Murray trying to hand wave two players not being able to see or interact with each other on the same planet because of "server issues" to actually having a multiplayer component.

#898 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5994 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

PSA: the current Flash Sale ends at 12 noon EST today.  Make your purchases before that time!

I grabbed the EA Family Pack and Party Golf for PS4 and the Jak & Daxter Collection and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for PS3.  I don't know if and when I'll ever play any of these games or even download them, but oh what a deal! ;)

#899 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2652 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

Anyone know where the pre-order page for NBA Playgrounds 2 went to save 20%?  Said it should be up until the 22nd but the sale page is gone.  Wtf?

#900 ritchardf  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

Anyone know where the pre-order page for NBA Playgrounds 2 went to save 20%?  Said it should be up until the 22nd but the sale page is gone.  Wtf?

i think it got delayed