* * * * - 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/11: Holiday Sale Week 1! Over 1200 items on sale!

#1741 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

I was having the same problem as the two of you earlier, but it seems to have been fixed now.

On the ps app.. guess im waiting till i get home to see the “sales”
Spoiler

#1742 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

I have not played The Last of Us yet, but I have high hopes.

I got a little ways into it (maybe 4 or 5 hours) and put it down. I don’t remember what I ended up playing instead but I need to go back to it. The beginning pulls on the heart strings.

#1743 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1680 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

On the ps app.. guess im waiting till i get home to see the “sales”

Not fixed for me either.

#1744 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67952 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Ah, is Typhon Hunter and Elder Scrolls confirmed for PSVR though?  

As much as Bethesda's willing to do right now. Elder Scrolls Blades is coming to PC, all consoles, and VR after its mobile release. Prey should come to the major VR devices on the platforms it's available on.

#1745 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

Funny that there's a debate on whether TLOU is a chore to play or not. I played a little of it on the ps3 and really liked it, but didn't get very far.  I've been kinda needing something new to play lately and knowing that it would be shown off at E3, I've been playing it over the past week and I feel like a chore is the best word I could use for the gameplay.

I admit I'm pretty bad at it, but I feel like this game is more tedious than any other stealth game I've played. I'm also surprised how unpolished it is. I've run into a lot of glitches, especially considering how polished the Uncharted games are, how much acclaim this game has gotten and the fact that you'd think a remaster would iron out the bugs from the original. I had to reload 1 section because the game didn't give me the prompt it was supposed to and there's been a lot of little bugs throughout.

#1746 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36772 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

The press gets to see Cyberpunk 2077 behind closed doors: http://www.pushsquar...to_see_gameplay

#1747 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

I got a little ways into it (maybe 4 or 5 hours) and put it down. I don’t remember what I ended up playing instead but I need to go back to it. The beginning pulls on the heart strings.

Which part? The super obvious, telegraphed from a mile away "sad" moment?

You can put me in the Last of Us is a slog to play camp. Gorgeous game, great acting, fantastic AI, but it's the most repetitive game in ages with THE most generic and stock script in even longer.

#1748 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

Not everyone likes super scripted games. I couldn't find redeeming qualities with Telltale's Walking Dead, for example.

AW HELL NAW

#1749 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7746 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

IDK,  I picked up TLOU on PS3 on release day.  Played a couple hours and got frustrated with it (I suck at stealth).  Traded it.  Ended up picking up for cheap on PS4 and for whatever reason was able to play through it without too much difficulty.  I am glad I gave it another go many years later.  It isn't my favorite game by any stretch but, I will play TLOU2.

#1750 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67952 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

https://blog.us.play...chimparty-more/

7 new Playlink games announced, including Uno and Ticket to Ride.

#1751 kemosahbe  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

PS Store is confirmed down still :/

#1752 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1881 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

PS Store is confirmed down still :/

I got page not found errors a few times earlier, but after a few refreshes, I got it to load and managed to check out with Black Ops 3.

#1753 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

Stores working on browser

#1754 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   945 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

In for the free levels for JC3, CoD: BO3 through PS+ (only way I'll ending up playing it, lol), and Killzone SF. Psyched for Spider-Man (already pre-ordered) and TLOU2. Happy to see Nioh 2 is coming, might have to check out the first game soon. Gonna have to check the info for the new God of War content too.

#1755 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1522 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:41 PM

How is listening to an echo chamber of endless praise the smart way to make a decision? You could redbox a game like The Last of Us and finish it in a night or two and save yourself the $60, too. Or just watch it on YouTube. You get all of the story without having to play through the mundane crap. 

how is listening to the minority opinion the smart way to make a purchase?  if 1000 people say a game is awesome but 5 say it sucks i'm more likely to think the minority is just a hipster that thinks it's "cool" to hate whatever is popular

there are also people on this forum that said Kate Upton is "fat and ugly", i assume they think their every day Jane girlfriend/wife that doesn't make millions off of their looks is better so again why would I listen to the minority?

i can watch every other game on youtube too, and 15 hours of The Last Of Us is better than 100 hours of most open world games if you ask me and majority of people based on the praise it has gotten

#1756 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2700 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:46 PM

Debating on even going to e3 tomorrow.  Only really wanted to see RE2 and Death Stranding, so Im not sure if I should pay $30 for parking lol

#1757 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

Any input would be appreciated:

Project Cars 2 for $24 or Gran Turismo Sport for $20? I have zero interest in online multiplayer, won’t play it a lot, am not great at racing games, and just want a good racer with an in the car view to play on my projector.

I haven’t played either, but unless you have some apprehension to Dirt 4, I would highly recommend it. It’s a difficult game in general, but it has sliders that make it tailor made to how easy or hard you want it to handle. Great graphics, sound, handling, and tons of single player stuff.

#1758 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3172 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

how is listening to the minority opinion the smart way to make a purchase? if 1000 people say a game is awesome but 5 say it sucks i'm more likely to think the minority is just a hipster that thinks it's "cool" to hate whatever is popular

there are also people on this forum that said Kate Upton is "fat and ugly", i assume they think their every day Jane girlfriend/wife that doesn't make millions off of their looks is better so again why would I listen to the minority?

i can watch every other game on youtube too, and 15 hours of The Last Of Us is better than 100 hours of most open world games if you ask me and majority of people based on the praise it has gotten

You should pay attention to the minority though. It is possible that what many people would see as a minor or non issue would only get pointed out by someone in the minority, but this issue to you would break the game. It doesn't make anyone right or wrong, but people look for different things in games, and that is alright.

#1759 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

how is listening to the minority opinion the smart way to make a purchase? if 1000 people say a game is awesome but 5 say it sucks i'm more likely to think the minority is just a hipster that thinks it's "cool" to hate whatever is popular

I will counter your argument with call of duty, Halo, sports franchises, and the fortnight, pubg games. Massively popular but frequently hated by the minority for just milking the public by remaking the same tired games over and over with little change or innovation.

Sometimes the majority is wrong and just keeps going based upon past success and group thinking.

#1760 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4600 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

You should pay attention to the minority though. It is possible that what many people would see as a minor or non issue would only get pointed out by someone in the minority, but this issue to you would break the game. It doesn't make anyone right or wrong, but people look for different things in games, and that is alright.

I'd argue with anything that is an established Titan of its field, a masterpiece if you will, people will be doing themselves wrong not to try it for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Frankly, I don't care if you found War & Peace too slow, or 2001 too confusing. Nobody should. The Last of Us Stands Tall in the world of Gaming, and based on the Millions who do love it, has secured a spot gaming history.

So sure, we can nitpick it if we really want. The crate sections were terrible. Big f****** deal. The game is Head and shoulders above it peers in gameplay, story, atmosphere, and graphics. A few naysayers does not change that, it should not affect anyone who hasn't experienced it yet for themselves. What is important is that they know a game is out there that has this level of love and respect, because that might Inspire them to pick it up and try it for themselves. Sure, they might hate it, but the point is that the odds are they will love it and they won't fall into that Minority. So why speak up and try to deter people from trying a game they will most likely love? What is the point in that? So you can speak out to the one person out of a hundred that won't like it?

#1761 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3172 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

I'd argue with anything that is an established Titan of its field, a masterpiece if you will, people will be doing themselves wrong not to try it for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Frankly, I don't care if you found War & Peace too slow, or 2001 too confusing. Nobody should. The Last of Us Stands Tall in the world of Gaming, and based on the Millions who do love it, has secured a spot gaming history.
So sure, we can nitpick it if we really want. The crate sections were terrible. Big f****** deal. The game is Head and shoulders above it peers in gameplay, story, atmosphere, and graphics. A few naysayers does not change that, it should not affect anyone who hasn't experienced it yet for themselves. What is important is that they know a game is out there that has this level of love and respect, because that might Inspire them to pick it up and try it for themselves. Sure, they might hate it, but the point is that the odds are they will love it and they won't fall into that Minority. So why speak up and try to deter people from trying a game they will most likely love? What is the point in that? So you can speak out to the one person out of a hundred that won't like it?

You think any of that is more than just your opinion? There is no universally loved game, book, movie, or any art whatsoever, and to pretend there is something wrong with people who are in the minority is just so absurd. There is no art that everyone should like because we are all different and appreciate and look for different things from our art and entertainment. That's ok.

#1762 elessar123  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:18 PM

Think about this; think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

#1763 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4600 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

You think any of that is more than just your opinion? There is no universally loved game, book, movie, or any art whatsoever, and to pretend there is something wrong with people who are in the minority is just so absurd. There is no art that everyone should like because we are all different and appreciate and look for different things from our art and entertainment. That's ok.

No, I'm not talking about my opinion. That's the point. My opinion is meaningless in the face of overwhelming acclaim. People should try things for themselves. A few naysayers does not change Universal acclaim, and people would be remiss to listen to a naysayer rather than the multitude when deciding whether 2 try something.

I despise Persona 4 Golden. Absolutely hate it. But what is the point of recommending people against trying it? What is the point of listing all my issues with it? Clearly, most people absolutely love it. I do nobody any favors telling them to avoid it. Or should I post all the reasons I dislike it everytime it comes up?

If a game is badly designed and implemented then there is value in steering people away. For example, a bland by the Numbers tower defense game that has no soul and is far out shined by other games in the same genre. However, if it's simply the case that I dislike a game that everyone else likes, then there's no value in steering people away. I accept the my opinion is in the minority, and I recognize that given most people will enjoy it, it's in their best interest to try it.

#1764 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

Killzone is 3.99.  I would pay 3.99 to not play it.

#1765 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

I will counter your argument with call of duty, Halo, sports franchises, and the fortnight, pubg games. Massively popular but frequently hated by the minority for just milking the public by remaking the same tired games over and over with little change or innovation.

Sometimes the majority is wrong and just keeps going based upon past success and group thinking.

This exactly.

As for tlou.. i have no real opinion on it other than as far as ive played... meh. It could turn into the best game with 5 more minutes played... or could continue to be meh.
Someday ill try and play more, but the ambition to continue just isnt really there..

#1766 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

There's no game in history that has ever had 100% of gamers singing it's praises. However, the fact that there are probably five hundred gamers that think TLOU is a masterpiece for every one gamer that thinks it's trash should give a little perspective.

#1767 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:21 AM

The new God of War is as close to universal acclaim as I’ve seen, but you still have to be a fan of the genre to begin with. For the most part, I know going into a game whether I’ll like it or not because I tend to do the research beforehand.

#1768 elessar123  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:34 AM

Guess because I care more often about gameplay than anything else, that all my opinions are null and void.

Guess I'll go write emotional backstories for these rooks, knights, bishops, kings, and queens so they can be enjoyed by the masses.

#1769 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67952 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:37 AM

In for the free levels for JC3, CoD: BO3 through PS+ (only way I'll ending up playing it, lol), and Killzone SF. Psyched for Spider-Man (already pre-ordered) and TLOU2. Happy to see Nioh 2 is coming, might have to check out the first game soon. Gonna have to check the info for the new God of War content too.

Free levels?

#1770 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3529 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

This exactly.

As for tlou.. i have no real opinion on it other than as far as ive played... meh. It could turn into the best game with 5 more minutes played... or could continue to be meh.
Someday ill try and play more, but the ambition to continue just isnt really there..

Your last line is also my problem with TLoU. I've tried to play twice and just lost interest before finishing both times. Maybe all the greatness is past the points I've gotten to so so I'll probably try one last time before the sequel is released. 

As for the sale, the only thing that catches my eye is Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Probably should just keep waiting though since it seems like a PS+ title down the road.