* * * * - 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/11: Holiday Sale Week 1! Over 1200 items on sale!

#1891 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3170 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

Several posts in to a PS exclusives discussion and no one has mentioned The Show? If you have even a passing interest in baseball or sports games pick up this season's or last season's game. Easily one of the best PS exclusives.

#1892 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:42 AM

Everything Frisky said but the thing I'd add is that it is a super hero game so there is a big emphasis on getting new powers and having a bunch of really fun mobility options. I'd say the main reason I love the inFamous series actually is because of how much fun it is to zip across the map, they especially nailed it in Second Son.

As for mindless I am not sure how it is on easy but honestly on normal/expert in this series you've always died pretty fast so you have to be pretty mindful or you will be restarting an area a lot, can't really just go in guns blazing or you will die a lot. Not to say it's a very challenging game or anything but your time to death is pretty short.

Thanks... this is exactly what I needed.  In for Second Son and The Order from this sale.  Deciding AGAINST Killzone based off of the reviews here :)

#1893 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3529 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

Hey guys, seriously considering getting a PS4 this week, any recommendations for PS4 only games I need to get?

I realize it's also on PC but Nioh is worth a mention since it's exclusive to PS4 in the console world.

#1894 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

Several posts in to a PS exclusives discussion and no one has mentioned The Show? If you have even a passing interest in baseball or sports games pick up this season's or last season's game. Easily one of the best PS exclusives.

i assume this is b/c it is not on sale. If they waited this long, then why not wait for all star break edition for ~$20. 

#1895 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:40 AM

You can get a 12 month for 45.99 at

https://www.greenman...m/consoles/ps4/

using the ps8  code at checkout

For me on PSN it's still better deal, I have sony rewards card and have $15 in points.

#1896 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:42 AM

Going to just buy a $50 card, have $35 in amazon credit and $20 in my psn wallet.

Only issue is this will leave me with $70 credit, minus ps+, and I'll have $20 left.

#1897 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:02 AM

So for those of you complaining about TLOU2 and those that claim this is the first time they remember of an open lesbian as a protagonist... thanks for making me feel old... Fear Effect 2 did it back in the day

#1898 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2158 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:04 AM

So should I get Horizon vanilla or complete edition?

Pay the extra and go complete.

DLC, Theme, and Artbook. 

If you end up liking HZD, you will want the DLC. And the Theme is exclusive to the Complete and CE, I think the Artbook was also..

#1899 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:20 AM

Oh my gosh ps store has some deep sales. Looking at getting infamous, the order, uncharted collection, until dawn, and last of us for like 30 bucks!!

#1900 PsychoNinja1994  

PsychoNinja1994

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:20 AM

So it's like 100% chance for a flash sale tomorrow right?

#1901 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4277 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:37 AM

Hey guys, seriously considering getting a PS4 this week, any recommendations for PS4 only games I need to get?

I got a PS4 on Black Friday. The console exclusives I recommend are below. Of course your choice of genre will determine if you like these games. I've gotten most of them for under $15 and I'm nowhere close to finishing all of them.

Uncharted Collection
Uncharted 4 (I'm still on 3, but hoping it is more of the same)
Nioh
Bloodborne
Street Fighter 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War (newest version, rented)
Until Dawn
Many PSVR games
Nier Automata (will be coming to Xbox soon)

Still need to continue playing The Order and Last of Us before knowing if they are must plays. I'm not digging the stealth at the beginning of Last of Us. Feels like The Evil Within a little.

#1902 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

I got a PS4 on Black Friday. The console exclusives I recommend are below. Of course your choice of genre will determine if you like these games. I've gotten most of them for under $15 and I'm nowhere close to finishing all of them.
Uncharted Collection
Nioh
Bloodborne
Street Fighter 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Until Dawn
Many PSVR games
Still need to continue playing The Order and Last of Us before knowing if they are must plays. I'm not digging the stealth at the beginning of Last of Us. Feels like The Evil Within a little.

Uncharted 4 shows a lot of Last of Us influence but at its core is still an Uncharted game. I hope you enjoy God of War, I know I did enough to get the Platinum in just under two weeks lol also Nioh may be one of my favorite games in a long time it’s just very addicting I think. It can be very difficult and if you want to be good and get far in it you’ll need to sink many hours into it so be warned. I’m at the end game right now and I definitely recommend taking advantage of the help you can get through the Torii gate. The only repercussion for dying is restarting the level rather than risking the loss of all Amrita and wasting items. Oh and Horizon Zero Dawn is another gem! Definitely enjoyed that one and got the platinum as well!

#1903 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:13 AM

Going to just buy a $50 card, have $35 in amazon credit and $20 in my psn wallet.

Only issue is this will leave me with $70 credit, minus ps+, and I'll have $20 left.

So your issue is that you buy plus and have the same amount of credit in your wallet as when you started? Jealous.

#1904 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:30 AM

Oh my gosh ps store has some deep sales. Looking at getting infamous, the order, uncharted collection, until dawn, and last of us for like 30 bucks!!

Lol... new to PS4 like me, huh?

Anyone weird like me and have a hard time finishing games they have emotional ties to?  I'm having that issue with TLOU.  I'm close to the end, but don't want to finish so my experience won't end.  It took me almost two years to watch the final episode of LOST...

#1905 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13806 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

Okay, I totally get loving Joel and wanting to play as him. I also get not liking Ellie as a character makes you less interested in the game. But you said "they're trying way too hard to be progressive"; because of what? Ellie is the character she is. She is now the focal point of the next game. This is not the first (nor will it be the last) time a narrative game changes who the main playable character is (MSG2 anyone?) It comes across as you simply not liking the change because you think there is some more 'sinster' political plot and not just a story to be told.

It makes me wonder if you were/are as upset with the switch from Marcus to JD in Gears 4 or from Frank to Chuck in DR2 of from Cole to Delsin in Infamous. 'Cause it seems that the side story of Uncharted LL seems to have struck a nerve. Is it *really* just the change of protagonist?

That MGS2 swap was a huge surprise to everyone and a pretty big Fuck you as well. I don't think anyone was happy with that swap and deceit.

Sigh, there's no sinister political plot, I just found it convenient that they decided to push for this now given the current state of affairs. I've explained myself multiple times in previous posts, it really is as simple as that.

#1906 kemosahbe  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:47 AM

That MGS2 swap was a huge surprise to everyone and a pretty big Fuck you as well. I don't think anyone was happy with that swap and deceit.

Sigh, there's no sinister political plot, I just found it convenient that they decided to push for this now given the current state of affairs. I've explained myself multiple times in previous posts, it really is as simple as that.

What exactly is the “current state of affairs”?

#1907 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6146 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

Lol... new to PS4 like me, huh?

Anyone weird like me and have a hard time finishing games they have emotional ties to? I'm having that issue with TLOU. I'm close to the end, but don't want to finish so my experience won't end. It took me almost two years to watch the final episode of LOST...

I was like that with Fallout 3. Still haven't finished it because I didn't want to see the game end. I enjoyed playing it that much.

#1908 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7746 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

Everything Frisky said but the thing I'd add is that it is a super hero game so there is a big emphasis on getting new powers and having a bunch of really fun mobility options. I'd say the main reason I love the inFamous series actually is because of how much fun it is to zip across the map, they especially nailed it in Second Son.

As for mindless I am not sure how it is on easy but honestly on normal/expert in this series you've always died pretty fast so you have to be pretty mindful or you will be restarting an area a lot, can't really just go in guns blazing or you will die a lot. Not to say it's a very challenging game or anything but your time to death is pretty short.

I also thought it was the weakest of the Infamous games.  Not much in side mission variety and a pretty quick plat.  It doesn't have as much to do as other open world games from what I remember (it has been a couple years).  Certainly worth a playthrough but it could have been a lot better IMO.

#1909 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7746 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Since you haven't played PS3, also look into the Heavy Rain remaster.

I really need to play this.  One of the few PS3 games I wanted to play but never did.

#1910 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36763 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

So is Shantae and The Pirates Curse considered the good one? Worth it at that price?

Yes and yes.

#1911 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8960 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Is it sad I remember Infamous SS more for being a really good looking game at the time. I remember the PS4 didn't really have a decent exclusive at the time, and that was one of the first claims to that. It was an alright game, but felt super repetitive after a short while IMHO.

#1912 3rdamention   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

3rdamention

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

I was totally expecting a Flash Sale today!  It is E3 week, its the third Friday of the month, seems like the perfect time to have a sale.  However, I am seeing nothing on the store!

#1913 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2158 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Uncharted Collection
Nioh
Bloodborne
Street Fighter 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Until Dawn
Many PSVR games

The order 1866 is cheap, when on sale. Its damn good, most of the negatives are because its kinda short.. $60 when new with all the hype and there were a lot of butt hurt people. But sub $10 its a great game.
I wish they would have made dlc for it.

#1914 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

I was totally expecting a Flash Sale today!  It is E3 week, its the third Friday of the month, seems like the perfect time to have a sale.  However, I am seeing nothing on the store!

Last few years it has been on the 23rd, 24th and 26th. Expect it next week.

#1915 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3170 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

Last few years it has been on the 23rd, 24th and 26th. Expect it next week.

This year has not really followed like previous years though. Lots of sales, and especially flash sales, that haven't followed the usual patterns.
Also, we are too early in the day to know for sure that there isn't a flash sale.

#1916 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

Debating between picking up the RE7 season pass versus Gran Turismo Sport.  Has anyone played the RE7 season pass content?  Is it worth it for $15 or should I continue to wait for the price to drop?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

#1917 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2158 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

This year has not really followed like previous years though. Lots of sales, and especially flash sales, that haven't followed the usual patterns.
Also, we are too early in the day to know for sure that there isn't a flash sale.

Was just going to mention this..
Didnt we have a back to back flash sale, or like a week between them?

#1918 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67941 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

I posted this list in the XBL thread a while back of all the exclusives I've played that I recommended:

https://www.cheapass...2#entry13977772

#1919 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67941 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Redout: Lightspeed Edition - $27.99 - 30% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2

:ps4: Redout: Lightspeed Edition - Back to Earth Pack - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2

:ps4: Redout: Lightspeed Edition - Mars Pack - $4.89 - 30% Off - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2

:ps4: Redout: Lightspeed Edition - Space Exploration Pack - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "American Pie" by Don McLean - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/19

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Away" by Toadies - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/19

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/19

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Howlin' for You" by The Black Keys - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/19

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "It's Been Awhile" by Staind - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/19

Freebie:

:ps4: Magic Knight Grand Charion - Free

New Releases:

PSVR Dark Legion - $9.99

PSVR :ps4: The Illusionist: Andres Iniesta All Episodes - $29.99

:ps4: LEGO The Incredibles - $59.99

PSVR Ranch Planet - $14.99

:ps4: Shadow Tactics: Game + Theme - $49.99

#1920 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2699 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

I just threw up a bunch of codes in the PSN Code Trading forum.  Not sure if they all still work but have at it:

https://www.cheapass...9#entry14012263