* * * * - 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/11: Holiday Sale Week 1! Over 1200 items on sale!

#2731 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67952 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

https://blog.us.play...-ps4-this-year/

Subnautica is coming to PS4 later this year.

Danger Zone 2 is out on Friday for $19.99

#2732 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

That doesn't look Burnout familiar at all.

#2733 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40048 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:46 PM

Danger Zone 2 looks like a good time.

#2734 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

Beyond eyes has no platinum by the way.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm not sure where I got that idea...

Beyond Eyes is strictly trophy hunting fodder, only get it if you want the easy plat.

On that note, I really have to stop blindly trusting people on the internet and verify things for myself.

#2735 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30594 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

Masters of Anima is a lot of fun.

#2736 yasqueen80  

yasqueen80

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:21 PM

I heard having independent thought was also in.

t4gab1k72l711.jpg

#2737 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

Has anyone here played Absolute Drift: Zen Edition? It looks interesting enough, just want to gather the opinions others before buying.

#2738 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3084 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

Does anyone know if Wild Arms XF ever goes on sale? If it doesn't ever, I might just get it since it isn't too much.

#2739 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8961 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

It went to $4.99 once last year. psprices is your friend.

#2740 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

So I got all of the Fallout 4 DLC for free from this but my brother said it's not showing up free for him. Anyone else have luck getting it for free too?

#2741 yasqueen80  

yasqueen80

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:59 AM

So I got all of the Fallout 4 DLC for free from this but my brother said it's not showing up free for him. Anyone else have luck getting it for free too?

Explain please. How are you getting it for free? Sorry if it's been discussed further back.

#2742 elessar123  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

Has anyone here played Absolute Drift: Zen Edition? It looks interesting enough, just want to gather the opinions others before buying.

If you have the patience for it to get a real hang of the controls, it seems pretty cool. For me, I was getting nowhere fast.

#2743 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3173 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

Albedo was a really easy plat (like two hours maybe three) but in the end that game was torture and so bad. In all fairness I think it was made by one person so props to them if it was a one man job.

Beyond eyes has no platinum by the way.

Glad I could finally get Rez to play in VR. Was nearly about to buy it full price.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm not sure where I got that idea...

On that note, I really have to stop blindly trusting people on the internet and verify things for myself.

Well, apologies. What the hell game was I thinking of?
Edit: I had "Planet of the" and "Beyond" eyes games mixed up. Super sorry about that.

#2744 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

Spoiler

More proof, not allowed to have any opinion if it's not accepted/approved by the masses.

#2745 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1002 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:32 AM

Did you buy the Season Pass or the Game of the Year edition?  When you buy Season Passes, they don't automatically give you the DLC, they just mark the DLC as free in the store and expect you to "purchase" them separately.

#2746 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

If you have the patience for it to get a real hang of the controls, it seems pretty cool. For me, I was getting nowhere fast.

Thanks for the info. I do wonder if the controls will be too challenging for me. Something to think about...

#2747 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4600 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:41 AM

This exactly. Ive tried it twice. First time i just got sick of trying to master it. Second time, i put more time into it and finally started pulling off the drifts they were asking for.

Its no joke. Its not drift around like nfs and have fun, its like sim level exact but without shifting.... hard to explain.

#2748 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6161 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

I was going through the PSN store new releases and saw that they are making a Hotel Transylvania 3 game which is weird since they don't release a lot of movie games anymore. I click on the trailer and it seems to be a Pikmin/Overlord style game so now I have to wait to see if any reviews pop up because I love the Pikmin series and Overlord so if it's even halfway decent I'll buy it even though I have zero interest in the Hotel Transylvania franchise.

Saw an ad for this game at Redbox. Might be a good idea to give it a rental. Movie games can be hit or miss.

#2749 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:07 AM

This exactly. Ive tried it twice. First time i just got sick of trying to master it. Second time, i put more time into it and finally started pulling off the drifts they were asking for.

Its no joke. Its not drift around like nfs and have fun, its like sim level exact but without shifting.... hard to explain.

Sounds like something I may not do too well with when playing. I checked out a video on YT for giggles and it looked like the person playing was having a hard time.

I wanted to hear from CAGs who played it to get a better understanding of what I might be getting into. I'll go ahead and pass.

#2750 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3084 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:16 AM

It went to $4.99 once last year. psprices is your friend.

Thanks, was unaware of that site.

#2751 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1523 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:53 AM

More proof, not allowed to have any opinion if it's not accepted/approved by the masses.

you can have your own opinion, nobody is saying you can't we all have our own taste and views on things

but some opinions just make you think people are a little off or they are just trying to be different like saying OJ is innocent, 400 lb people are hot, professional bikini models are ugly, ice cream tastes like shit, and the Last of Us sucks

#2752 Das_Regal   What's next :( CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:01 AM

Sometimes opinions are just how people feel and not a way of signalling to others that you're cool or interesting. And sometimes people are different and don't like the same things that most people do.

It's crazy, I know.

I thought the Witcher 3 was unremarkable.

#2753 yasqueen80  

yasqueen80

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

Sometimes opinions are just how people feel and not a way of signalling to others that you're cool or interesting. And sometimes people are different and don't like the same things that most people do.

It's crazy, I know.

I thought the Witcher 3 was unremarkable.

And sometimes they are. If you don't think there are some people who hate on popular things because they think it makes them look cool, I got a bridge to sell you.

#2754 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

I’m not a fan of dishonored or Last of Us either. I didn’t finish either one.

#2755 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

And sometimes they are. If you don't think there are some people who hate on popular things because they think it makes them look cool, I got a bridge to sell you.

And you are flat out placing everyone that does not agree with you, into that group.

You are failing to see the point he just made.

When someone says they do not like whatever game, and its a popular game.... try thinking to yourself “ok, thats your opinion” and leave it at that. No need to argue with the person and *tell* them they are just trying to be “cool”.

Someone can easily say that *you* are trying to be cool by making sure everyone knows that you agree with the popular opinion as well... cuts both ways.

See what happens when you have a two week sale Sony?... lol

#2756 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

I’m not a fan of dishonored or Last of Us either. I didn’t finish either one.

Same here. Last of Us gameplay was just awful. I hate the Uncharted games as well so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#2757 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:26 PM

And you are flat out placing everyone that does not agree with you, into that group.

You are failing to see the point he just made.

When someone says they do not like whatever game, and its a popular game.... try thinking to yourself “ok, thats your opinion” and leave it at that. No need to argue with the person and *tell* them they are just trying to be “cool”.

Someone can easily say that *you* are trying to be cool by making sure everyone knows that you agree with the popular opinion as well... cuts both ways.

See what happens when you have a two week sale Sony?... lol

I feel exactly the same way when I read his post. I guess in his world people can't dislike things without having some sort of agenda. Which is really weird and stinks of paranoia.

I don't like a lot of games people on here love and they don't like things that I like. It's all good, and I don't make some over arching judgement about them.

#2758 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

I personally couldn’t stand the last of us at first. I vaguely remember having difficulty with it and becoming frustrated with the encounters and giving up. Then after some time I picked it up again and beat it. Loving every minute. I even played and enjoyed the dlc. I really would like to replay the remastered edition but it’s hard to do for an entirely different reason- I just can’t bring myself to replay games no matter how good. The backlog is too large and there are so many other great games I want to play I just can’t comfortably stop and play something a second time through.

#2759 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

I personally couldn’t stand the last of us at first. I vaguely remember having difficulty with it and becoming frustrated with the encounters and giving up. Then after some time I picked it up again and beat it. Loving every minute. I even played and enjoyed the dlc. I really would like to replay the remastered edition but it’s hard to do for an entirely different reason- I just can’t bring myself to replay games no matter how good. The backlog is too large and there are so many other great games I want to play I just can’t comfortably stop and play something a second time through.

I'm sure I would like it if I stuck with it for longer, but why? I have so many games to play, plus family and work.

My lifestyle just doesn't give me the luxury to deal with gameplay that I don't find fun. If a game isn't fun for me I move to another game.

Some people enjoy that and that's fine.

And it's not just hard gameplay because I love the souls games and bloodborne. The Last of Us or uncharted games aren't fun for me.

#2760 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

I had the exact same experience as you the first time around.  This year I bought and played the remaster.  I also have not replayed a game in over 10 years due to work, family, etc. but I promised myself in the post Christmas drought of new things I would do it for the Last of Us.

Not only did it prove to be just as awesome the second time around- I also got weirdly frustrated again at the beginning.  The stealth can be a bit hard to get used to and I got smoked by clickers left and right and wondered if I wasn't doing something wrong, but remembered I had this problem the first time around.  I pushed through and really left feeling like this is the peak of gaming as I have experienced it and bought my brother a copy of the game because he hates stealth based games and refuses to shell out money on it.