* * * * - 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/12: 2K & Ubisoft Game+DLC Sales! $6 NBA Live 19, $10 Mafia III, $8 The Sims 4, $15 XCOM 2, & More!

#5311 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:01 AM

I don't know how people managed to take advantage of the trophy rewards thing.  Were there like a bunch of games that had easy to get trophies and you could do them over and over again?

ProTip: I did this thing called playing games. You guys should try it sometime.

#5312 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14373 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:19 AM

Was too busy splitting my time between these things called working and living.

#5313 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

Protip. The Trophy rewards system is discontinued because people abused it. And they gave too many rewards points for the trophy passes.

I have 19 platinum trophies and IMO it was a crappy rewards system. Club Nintendo was millions of times better.

Most people didn't even know this rewards program exist, and the ones that did many of them couldn't figure out how to unlock the trophy passes.

Like myself I thought all your earned trophies were counting toward points. This was a poorly executed rewards system. 

#5314 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

I recommend signing up for Microsoft/bing rewards. You can cash the points in for Amazon gift cards which you can then use to buy PSN monies.

#5315 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

From a new PS4 Bundle to sales on PS VR units and digital content at PS Store, this Black Friday delivers great value across the PlayStation portfolio, including:
  • A new Marvel’s Spider-Man Standard Edition PS4 Bundle for $199.99 USD (MSRP) / $259.99 CAN (MSRP).This jet-black 1TB standard PS4 system includes a matching DualShock 4 wireless controller, and a physical copy of the critically acclaimed Marvel’s Spider-Man game from Insomniac Games. A great addition for you or friends who are aching for a chance to play and experience a brand-new and authentic Spider-Man adventure.
  • Select DualShock 4 wireless controllers available for $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAN (MSRP) at participating retailers. Now you can customize the look of your gaming set-up with a wide variety of colors, ranging from the new Blue Camouflage color to Magma Red, Midnight Blue, Gold and Crystal for a great price.
  • PlayStation VR systems available for $199.99 USD (MSRP) / $249.99 CAN (MSRP) at participating retailers. If you haven’t already tried it, now is a great time, with newly released titles such as Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Firewall, and Creed: Rise to Glory alongside upcoming games like Borderlands 2 VR coming soon.
  • PlayStation Plus is offering discounts on their 12-month subscription, while special deals on popular game titles, will be offered at PlayStation Store this November 16-27, 2018. PlayStation Plus subscribers can also purchase the most recent addition to the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, for a great price starting today.

#5316 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:35 PM

There's a new deal for today:

PS4

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 11/16

#5317 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:30 PM

I recommend signing up for Microsoft/bing rewards. You can cash the points in for Amazon gift cards which you can then use to buy PSN monies.

Unfortunately you can't get Amazon GC anymore, unless you were grandfathered in with an older account. You can get Target/Walmart ones though, as long as they don't block buying psn cards with gc like BB.

I like to get 12 month live subs when they're on sale (should have enough points in about 3-4 months). Here's a link to MS rewards thread with more info: link

#5318 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

That sucks to hear about the Amazon gift cards. You can use Target GC to buy PSN cards but only in store. Doesn’t work online. Not sure about Walmart.

#5319 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

There's a new deal for today:

PS4

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 11/16

Anyone think this will be cheaper during the upcoming sale?

#5320 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

Anyone think this will be cheaper during the upcoming sale?

I doubt it since it's a part of the BF sale. They'll just extend the end date when the rest of it goes up and probably have a non-PS+ discount alongside the PS+ discount.

#5321 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:00 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I built a PS4 game that's out tomorrow.  $9.99 and will be cross-buy with PS Vita when that version launches in a couple of weeks or so.

#5322 ssablain   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ssablain

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

Is the setting your system to primary to be able to gameshare your PSN purchases still limited to two systems?  I am wanting to get a third system for the bedroom but only want it if I will have instant access to my PSN purchases for quick pickup and play.  I would test it out myself but I don't want to be stuck with a system that won't be able to do what I want it to do.  Thanks

#5323 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

Primary PS4:  Any account can access/play your purchased games

Any other PS4: You have to be online and logged in to your PSN account in order to access/play your games.

So you shouldn't have any problems accessing your games on a third PS4, but you can't play the same purchased game on all three systems at the same time (only two, your primary system and one of the other two PS4s).

#5324 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:43 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I built a PS4 game that's out tomorrow.  $9.99 and will be cross-buy with PS Vita when that version launches in a couple of weeks or so.

I just watched a Youtube review for this yesterday, and put it on my to get list.  I won't lie, I'll probably wait for some kind of discount but it reminds of some good old fashioned Genesis/TG16  gaming. 

#5325 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

Is the setting your system to primary to be able to gameshare your PSN purchases still limited to two systems?  I am wanting to get a third system for the bedroom but only want it if I will have instant access to my PSN purchases for quick pickup and play.  I would test it out myself but I don't want to be stuck with a system that won't be able to do what I want it to do.  Thanks

Any other PS4: You have to be online and logged in to your PSN account in order to access/play your games.

So you shouldn't have any problems accessing your games on a third PS4, but you can't play the same purchased game on all three systems at the same time (only two, your primary system and one of the other two PS4s).

To chime in here, the gameshare works slightly different than Xbox in case you are doing this and expecting exactly the same.  Everything above is correct, but Xbox also lets others play your games in their profile on any console as long as your account is logged into that console at the same time and just sitting idle in the background.  This doesn't work for PSN.  This has been highly useful on Xbox for me in a house full of kids with consoles in different rooms, but there's a limited number of people who care about this.

The only other thing i'll add is that PSN is kind of a pain for transferring saved game data, so if it's your plan to play the same game in multiple rooms on random occasions, I don't recommend it.  Xbox is much better for this since games are automatically synced to the cloud much better and more seamlessly on that console.

#5326 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:46 AM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I built a PS4 game that's out tomorrow. $9.99 and will be cross-buy with PS Vita when that version launches in a couple of weeks or so.

https://www.youtube....h?v=pzKl_NLNb6k

That looks very interesting. Blast from the past platformer with RPG elements, a little like Super Paper Mario.

I imagine the fireball mechanics were done intentionally to add a bit of skill?

#5327 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:05 AM

I just watched a Youtube review for this yesterday, and put it on my to get list.  I won't lie, I'll probably wait for some kind of discount but it reminds of some good old fashioned Genesis/TG16  gaming. 

Thanks man.  And I understand waiting for a discount, such is the CAG way. ;)

That looks very interesting. Blast from the past platformer with RPG elements, a little like Super Paper Mario.

I imagine the fireball mechanics were done intentionally to add a bit of skill?

Sort of, I just kind of implemented them that way and never changed them to make them easier, hahah.  I think some of the boss battles would have ended up a little too easy if the fireballs did bounce.

Good eye on the Super Paper Mario - that was a big influence on it.

#5328 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:43 AM

Played a bit of Hitman 2 and it's just as good as the first season with some good new features like crowds and foliage you can hide in along with some other stuff. If you own the first season, you can unlock all of them to play in Hitman 2 for free, which just requires going into the original game and clicking on the Hitman 2 boxart on the home screen that will take you to the store page to get the Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 for free. That's another 38 GB to download to play those original six missions with the upgraded features, which seems to be really well done since they re-use the tutorials from the original game for Hitman 2 with those upgrades. Like the first game eventually had, there's a free Prologue for you to try it out first. The trophies are handled the same way as the original, so there's a base game with some trophies in it and every level has its own set of trophies, which also includes the first season's levels.

#5329 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hey guys trading my og PS4. I have plus so my save data should be up in the cloud right? I should have to backup my save data to a usb for when I get my new system should I?

#5330 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

Hey guys trading my og PS4. I have plus so my save data should be up in the cloud right? I should have to backup my save data to a usb for when I get my new system should I?

Access your cloud saves from your PS4, don't just assume it's there. There are settings that allow automatic upload or manual upload, so it would be better to double check them yourself.

Always make a backup, in fact I would suggest making 2 just in case one gets corrupted for whatever reason.

edit: added a word

#5331 ssablain   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ssablain

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the information.

#5332 ssablain   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ssablain

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

To chime in here, the gameshare works slightly different than Xbox in case you are doing this and expecting exactly the same.  Everything above is correct, but Xbox also lets others play your games in their profile on any console as long as your account is logged into that console at the same time and just sitting idle in the background.  This doesn't work for PSN.  This has been highly useful on Xbox for me in a house full of kids with consoles in different rooms, but there's a limited number of people who care about this.

The only other thing i'll add is that PSN is kind of a pain for transferring saved game data, so if it's your plan to play the same game in multiple rooms on random occasions, I don't recommend it.  Xbox is much better for this since games are automatically synced to the cloud much better and more seamlessly on that console.

I would just being playing smaller indie games on this system and would only play them on this system so I wouldn't have to worryabout transferring saved game data.  Thanks for the info.

#5333 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

So Runner 3 should be out today with a 50% discount, right?

#5334 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36892 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

So Runner 3 should be out today with a 50% discount, right?

Yup, should be.

#5335 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:11 PM

Yup, should be.

Yup, now out. Discount doesn’t show until you add it to your cart through.

#5336 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68212 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

https://blog.us.play...-on-december-7/

PUBG will be out for PS4 on 12/7:

They have a few bundles for a variety of additional items and they have some themed pre-order bonuses including a Nathan Drake outfit and Ellie backpack.

#5337 RiPPn  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

All over Runner3 at 50% off.  Love this series even if it makes me want to throw my controller at times.

#5338 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

Excited about pubg.

#5339 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

No sale again? I really hope they’re holding out for a huge BF sale.

#5340 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

Got a $10 check in the mail today for that old PS3 class action lawsuit. Guess I can use that to buy Runner 3!