* * * * - 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/19: Bandai Namco & Critics' Choice Sales! $40 RDR2, $10 Undertale, $24 DBFZ, $17.49 Naruto S: UNS Legacy, & More!

#6961 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4707 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Whomever gave you that 20% coupon must be a super cool guy and good at stuff.

You should change your PSN name to reflect that.

#6962 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

You should change your PSN name to reflect that.

I will when Sony announces name changes at their E3 presentation this year.

#6963 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

Just about everyone. It's pretty much a disaster. I haven't had points show up at all since they revamped it. I had some, then I didn't. Lost all trophy progress too. I've been told it will show up... That was quite a while ago.
If you use the contact us page (given it is working), they usually get back to you in a few days. Might be better to call.

Yeah my points for November didn't come in until 2 weeks after it normally does. My December points came through no problem though.

And yeah, the contact page is not even working. There's a drop down menu that says "What's on your mind" and there's no options showing, and because of this, I can't even send a message. It just seems like a total mess.

That sucks to hear. I'm glad my psn code came in no problem after the revamp, I'm pretty much not going to use or focus on the points since the trophy challenge doesn't help with the points anymore. The Reward system became useless once again

I heard some people say they got codes to come through, but they were for $10 and $20. I went with a $50 card after all of my points finally came in, and I kinda wonder if that's why.

#6964 wynams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Has anyone else had any issues with the Sony Rewards Online Store recently?

Mine hasn't worked at all since revamp. Type in my email address, click next says CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE which i was doing in November/December. They always told me they working on it and need more time ... so fugg it ... I just paid off the playstation card and will be using a rewards card that actually lets you accrue/spend rewards.

#6965 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4632 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Hand of fate 2 finally on sale, but still like 23. Totally worth it, but way over my budget. Damn.

#6966 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

I will when Sony announces name changes at their E3 presentation this year.

No e3 for Sony this year.

#6967 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36897 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39

#6968 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Either the PS4 version of Amplitude is more difficult or I'm getting old.

I did so much better when I played it on PS2.  Maybe the songs are worse?

I think it's me getting old.

#6969 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39

Lol

#6970 SeraphiMichael   Divine Messenger CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

SeraphiMichael

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

The perpetual disappointment of no sale on Atelier Ayesha Plus. -_- 2+ years now...

#6971 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

Either the PS4 version of Amplitude is more difficult or I'm getting old.

I did so much better when I played it on PS2.  Maybe the songs are worse?

I think it's me getting old.

Welcome to the Video Game Retirement Home where everything is set on Casual.

If anyone asks you "just play for the story" or "i just like to have fun and learn the game"

#6972 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

Welcome to the Video Game Retirement Home where everything is set on Casual.
If anyone asks you "just play for the story" or "i just like to have fun and learn the game"

I started AC origins last week and totally wussed on the difficulty, I just didn’t care enough to spend time sneaking around everywhere this time. So I just run in hack/slash/firebomb and everything dies.

#6973 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1027 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:31 AM

I finished AC: Origins last Friday. I set it to Easy simply because I saw no benefit to playing on anything harder (you don't receive any better items or get any trophies from it.) With a backlog as huge as mine, I don't have the time to repeat sections over and over again when I really do just care about the story and experience. It still took me 108 hours to complete everything in the game.  I can't imagine how long it would have taken me if I played on anything harder, especially Nightmare.  Though the game was easy, it was so time consuming that I was literally dreaming about AC often.  The following day, I decided I wanted to play something a lot shorter and more relaxing during my transition period before the next epic game I play.

I chose Tetris Effect.  I chose poorly.  :(

#6974 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1045 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

Is FIFA 19 worth it at $24 or is it just the same soup warmed over? I'm tired of Madden and would like some opinions before possibly buying.

#6975 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1174 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:09 AM

I finished AC: Origins last Friday. I set it to Easy simply because I saw no benefit to playing on anything harder (you don't receive any better items or get any trophies from it.) With a backlog as huge as mine, I don't have the time to repeat sections over and over again when I really do just care about the story and experience. It still took me 108 hours to complete everything in the game. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me if I played on anything harder, especially Nightmare. Though the game was easy, it was so time consuming that I was literally dreaming about AC often. The following day, I decided I wanted to play something a lot shorter and more relaxing during my transition period before the next epic game I play.

I chose Tetris Effect. I chose poorly. :(

I'm doing the Mass effect trilogy right now, and I'm just doing it on story mode after retrying a shooting scene onnl hard and failing 5x. Spending 30 minutes retrying a 5 minute area means I'm more likely to quit than finish with only 30 minutes to play on a good day.

I have no shame, and feel proud I actually finished ME1 and halfway through ME2 even if the fights are easy. I just try to get more headshots and environment kills for fun without having to worry about dodging as much.

And, yeah Tetris Effect was surprisingly thrilling. Although my heart is racing, it can be calming for me because you know exactly what failure state is, as opposed to having to be ready for a curve ball.

#6976 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Waiting for digital version of Tetris to drop to 20$

#6977 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

I'm sure this has already been discussed in this thread but I don't have time to go back and read..........I have 50 minutes to poop and do p90x. Anyway......what is going on with the physical Tetris? Out of stock almost everywhere. Perhaps will be another Robinson The Journey?

#6978 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

I finished AC: Origins last Friday. I set it to Easy simply because I saw no benefit to playing on anything harder (you don't receive any better items or get any trophies from it.) With a backlog as huge as mine, I don't have the time to repeat sections over and over again when I really do just care about the story and experience. It still took me 108 hours to complete everything in the game.  I can't imagine how long it would have taken me if I played on anything harder, especially Nightmare.  Though the game was easy, it was so time consuming that I was literally dreaming about AC often.  The following day, I decided I wanted to play something a lot shorter and more relaxing during my transition period before the next epic game I play.

I chose Tetris Effect.  I chose poorly.  :(

I loved Origins but drew the line at the Old Habits trophy where you to complete every single location. For what it's worth Tetris can be played pretty chill but I'm currently playing on Expert and it's the opposite of relaxing.

#6979 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

I'm sure this has already been discussed in this thread but I don't have time to go back and read..........I have 50 minutes to poop and do p90x. Anyway......what is going on with the physical Tetris? Out of stock almost everywhere. Perhaps will be another Robinson The Journey?

Nothing wrong with physical copy. That was actually on sell for 20$ about a week ago. But I prefer digital since it's a game I would share between 2 ps4s.

#6980 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1027 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

I loved Origins but drew the line at the Old Habits trophy where you to complete every single location. For what it's worth Tetris can be played pretty chill but I'm currently playing on Expert and it's the opposite of relaxing.

Old Habits was actually a cakewalk for me; When it comes to open-world games, I have a tendency to complete all side locations as soon as possible. It all goes back to GTA 3 where you unlocked weapons at your hideout for picking up the hidden packages scattered across the map and unlocked new skills for doing things like the ambulance and police missions. I wanted them unlocked as soon as possible so I did them first.  So in GTA, Saints Row, AC, and every other open world game, I always do the side stuff as soon as I can.  AC, in particular, I love doing all viewpoints ASAP. For Origins, I was over level 40 before doing most of the main story line just from doing all the side locations.

I was playing Tetris Effect on Normal and for the most part I found it to be pretty chill, but it increases in speed so damn fast and once it hits speed 15 or so, it's my downfall. No way will I get SS on every stage. Master mode is pretty unplayable for me. Game got very stressful very fast.

#6981 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

I'm doing the Mass effect trilogy right now, and I'm just doing it on story mode after retrying a shooting scene onnl hard and failing 5x.

I played through the first game and loved the story. I should really get going on the other two. Then move on to Andromeda? Maybe...

#6982 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

It's readily available at most retailers though..

#6983 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

It's readily available at most retailers though..

Have you looked recently? No it’s not. Sold out from Amazon (some third party sellers have it), local GameStop’s aren’t getting restocks, sold out at Best Buy. It’s not getting reprinted. At least not right now.

#6984 syndragore  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Yeah me as well. Tetris is the kind of game I don't want to have to worry about having to swap discs to play

#6985 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

I found it for you.

Tetris physical is available on Walmart with free 2 day shipping sold by Walmart.  You can get it on Monday. You can even ship to store if you want.  

However, Tetris really seems like the kind of game that would be better with digital.

#6986 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Have you looked recently? No it’s not. Sold out from Amazon (some third party sellers have it), local GameStop’s aren’t getting restocks, sold out at Best Buy. It’s not getting reprinted. At least not right now.

Yes, I literally checked it before I posted and it was available for shipping from best buy, gamestop, & walmart. Didn't think I had to check Target after that, so Fuck off.

#6987 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Yes, I literally checked it before I posted and it was available for shipping from best buy, gamestop, & walmart. Didn't think I had to check Target after that, so Fuck off.

Haha okay buddy. I’ll let you deal with that sandy vag.

#6988 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2401 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

You can still order from amazon and walmart. 4 gamestops within 25 miles from me have it in stock also.

And by amazon i mean from Amazon... they have more coming. In stock on the 10th, which means probably earlier.

#6989 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2887 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

I'm doing the Mass effect trilogy right now, and I'm just doing it on story mode after retrying a shooting scene onnl hard and failing 5x. Spending 30 minutes retrying a 5 minute area means I'm more likely to quit than finish with only 30 minutes to play on a good day.

Funny, I'm doing the ME trilogy as well (first time). I'm mid-way through ME3 but playing on all the standard difficulties. "They say" the default difficultly on ME3 is actually one step harder than the default on ME1 & 2, but it hasnt been too tough at all. I've really only had a problem with the final fight in the Omega DLC, but that's primarily from playing it wrong. Once I read to do the tasks assigned in a different order, finished it like water. 

I played through the first game and loved the story. I should really get going on the other two. Then move on to Andromeda? Maybe...

The other two play quite differently from ME1. They basically became 'cover shooters' a la Gears. Playing them back-to-back that really rubbed me the wrong way in ME2. However, the power combos in ME3 have made the 'shooty-shooty' parts as much, if not more fun than the character development parts.

I'm going to go on to ME:A afterward regardless of what ppl say.

#6990 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

Funny, I'm doing the ME trilogy as well (first time). I'm mid-way through ME3 but playing on all the standard difficulties. "They say" the default difficultly on ME3 is actually one step harder than the default on ME1 & 2, but it hasnt been too tough at all. I've really only had a problem with the final fight in the Omega DLC, but that's primarily from playing it wrong. Once I read to do the tasks assigned in a different order, finished it like water. 

The other two play quite differently from ME1. They basically became 'cover shooters' a la Gears. Playing them back-to-back that really rubbed me the wrong way in ME2. However, the power combos in ME3 have made the 'shooty-shooty' parts as much, if not more fun than the character development parts.

I'm going to go on to ME:A afterward regardless of what ppl say.

I recently replayed ME and ME2 via BC on Xbox, and ME2 is still one of the best games of last gen (or possibly ever). ME3 is almost as good. 

Andromeda got a bad rap because it was rushed out the door, but the internet loves to hate things. It's true that Andromeda had a lot of glitches when it launched, but in its current state it's fine. It doesn't live up to the legacy of ME2-3 but it's still a good space RPG with excellent combat. The story is sufficient but pretty forgettable, and only a few squadmates are fleshed out well. For the price you can get it now, I think it's still plenty worth it. I paid $20 and got my money's worth.