* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/19: EA & The Great Indoors Sale! $45 Kingdom Hearts III, $20 Far Cry New Dawn, $6 Emerald Shores, & More!

#8401 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:39 AM

I'm talking about for people that have EA Access.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying.

#8402 DoctorZ  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

I looked around the thread + check some stores.
Does anyone know of a cheap place to get ps+ currently? I just want to be able to add MW Remaster to my collection from PS+ before it disappears. 

#8403 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone know of a cheap place to get ps+ currently? I just want to be able to add MW Remaster to my collection from PS+ before it disappears. 

If you are in the US, CDKeys.com has 1-year codes for $44.19. They have other regions as well, if needed.

https://www.cdkeys.c...ta-digital-code

#8404 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1317 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:57 PM

https://www.ebay.com...W-/121345728193

Bought one in February. Took them 3 days to deliver, but fairly cheap non-BF price

#8405 elessar123  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

Woo, Money Puzzle Exchanger.

#8406 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Sony in “advanced board level discussions” to buyout Rockstar parent company Take-Two – rumor

According to a MarketWatch report (via Daniel Ahmad), Sony is currently in “advanced board level discussions” regarding the acquisition of Take-Two Interactive.  It’s said to be looking at a “cash deal,”  value the company at $130 share, per Joel Kulina of Wedbush Securities.

Huge if true. Wow. GTA and RDR exclusive to Sony platforms if this turns out true. 

#8407 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1514 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

Sony in “advanced board level discussions” to buyout Rockstar parent company Take-Two – rumor

According to a MarketWatch report (via Daniel Ahmad), Sony is currently in “advanced board level discussions” regarding the acquisition of Take-Two Interactive. It’s said to be looking at a “cash deal,” value the company at $130 share, per Joel Kulina of Wedbush Securities.

Huge if true. Wow. GTA and RDR exclusive to Sony platforms if this turns out true.

Why would they cut the money that is being made on those games in half?

#8408 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3275 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

Exactly. There is no amount of money Sony can give them that would come close to what they would continue to make long term being on both. Pretty sure their history doesn't indicate that they hate money, so this would be a total shocker.

#8409 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Xbox looks like it is going third-party, streaming Game Pass to anything with a screen. And Microsoft/Nintendo definitely is not even close to half of the market when you have PC, Sony, and Mobile on the other end of things. Odds are they will continue Take Two as its own thing, just like MS does with Mojang/Minecraft.

#8410 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:08 PM

Because an immediate 35% premium return to investors is an offer you have to take seriously.

No profitable company would ever merge if what you said was a commonly held belief.

They would also realize a lot of cost savings from leveraged practices and sadly reduced headcounts.

They could theoretically guarantee their investors a large cash windfall and give the company extended life as part of a merger.

There are always reasons to listen and negotiate on these things. But ultimately it is the boards job to deliver value to shareholders and I while TT makes good money they aren’t going to return 30%+ to their shareholders that fast.

And No Sony won’t operate them as usual. This acquisition would be to position Sony and their next console and future streaming services/PsNow for the future. Remember Google is coming.

They may allow historically PC games to stay that way and current multi-plat projects will finish out that way, but future work will strictly be focused on the Sony brands and platforms.

You buy a company with a library lf TT knowing you will lose some revenue stream with the acquisition but you will gain lowered costs and competitive advantage by owning those desirable Ips

#8411 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

Doubt they would let Take Two do their own thing.  So much exclusive money to be made, and it would sell their hardware like no other.  Then again, who knows.

#8412 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:14 PM

I think Sony and Microsoft see the writing on the wall and know that proprietary hardware isn't going to last in the long run. Buying up IP and developers with a solid track record is a good move when considering the future of game streaming and mobile/PC marketshare.

#8413 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:48 PM

Very interesting if the rumor turns out to be true.  I mean, a good collection of exclusive games is the biggest factor that made PS4 number one this generation in my opinion, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sony makes GTA 6 (if it's not already in development for multi-platforms) or RDR 3 a PS5 exclusive.  Even within the latest trend of games-as-a-service, game streaming, cross platform, no physical discs, and so forth, exclusive games are here to stay and will remain as an important factor for an average consumer in deciding a platform.

I personally think it will not be a good thing for the future of Take Two though.

#8414 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68390 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:01 PM

https://blog.us.play...n-ps4-march-19/

The Messenger is coming to PS4 next week on 3/19.

https://blog.us.play...h-26-for-ps-vr/

Skyworld, the new PSVR game from the Arizona Sunshine devs, will be out 3/26.

https://blog.us.play...arch-26-on-ps4/

Arcade racer Xenon Racer will be out 3/26.

#8415 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

Just read on Twitter that Path of Exile is finally coming to PS4 on March 26th, along with its new expansion Synthesis. I'm excited to try it.

This deserves a quote, upvote, thumbs up, and high five!

Hyyyyyyype!!

#8416 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68390 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

#8417 wynams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

Just read on Twitter that Path of Exile is finally coming to PS4 on March 26th, along with its new expansion Synthesis. I'm excited to try it.

I'll believe it when I see it ... was Dec then Feb then early March then GGG went silent until yesterday

#8418 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

I'll believe it when I see it ... was Dec then Feb then early March then GGG went silent until yesterday

Not exactly. They said December then February, then mid March and also said they would give an announcement about 2 weeks before launch.

But I see your point.

#8419 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3275 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

A while back I changed my primary PS4 so me and my son could game share. Well it's clear he has zero interest in anything PS4 as all of his friends are on XB1. I've noticed a few quirks since doing this about applications being suspended in 15 minutes due to not having the license or whatnot, and while it's never kept me from playing I'm thinking about going back to how I originally had them set up.

If I am the only person playing and there will never be a time where two people need to play at the same time, it doesn't matter which one is primary, right? I just have two spots in my house I like being able to play The Show lol.

#8420 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Does not matter which is primary for your situation

#8421 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3275 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:20 PM

Does not matter which is primary for your situation

Thanks! I didn't think so, but since I pretty much set them up that way after getting a second PS4 I didn't really know from past experience.

#8422 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

Diablo3 really spoiled me on the idea of using a controller for these games, especially with the PC hooked up to the TV instead of at a desk. I'll take either PoE or Torchlight Frontiers, just want a new one to come out.

#8423 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

Diablo3 really spoiled me on the idea of using a controller for these games, especially with the PC hooked up to the TV instead of at a desk. I'll take either PoE or Torchlight Frontiers, just want a new one to come out.

Path of Exile on controller will be interesting... Its closer to Diablo II in design than DIII. I've enjoyed it on PC but I've never been consumed by it like some loot games. (Namely Marvel Heroes and the Division.)

#8424 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:00 AM

Played PoE on Xbox and it feels pretty natural like Diablo 3 does. Really looking forward to the PS4 release!

#8425 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

I assume there is no disc version of PoE right?  been wanting to play it so I am glad there is a release date for PS4.  Logged hundreds of hours on D3 already for PC lol.

#8426 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68390 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:12 AM

The problem that ruins Path of Exile for me is the tiny inventory that makes you skip over most of the loot that drops.

#8427 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5282 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:41 AM

Dead or Alive 6: Core Fighters is already out. That was fast. The free characters are Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass, and newcomer Diego.

A marked departure and an unwelcome precedent is that this game requires PS+ to play - previously, all F2P games didn't, and I'm 99% sure that DOA5 Core Fighters didn't. So this is the first free game that requires it.

#8428 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:41 AM

Played PoE on Xbox and it feels pretty natural like Diablo 3 does. Really looking forward to the PS4 release!

Played a Ranger for about 100 hours on Xbox with no control issues. Doubt I play the PS4 version though since it will be one hell of a Platinum if they don't change any of the Xbox achievements. 

#8429 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8487 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Dead or Alive 6: Core Fighters is already out. That was fast. The free characters are Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass, and newcomer Diego.
A marked departure and an unwelcome precedent is that this game requires PS+ to play - previously, all F2P games didn't, and I'm 99% sure that DOA5 Core Fighters didn't. So this is the first free game that requires it.

Know if you can get trophies on the Core version?

#8430 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:02 PM

The problem that ruins Path of Exile for me is the tiny inventory that makes you skip over most of the loot that drops.

There's some truth in that...  Also the way to many currency types.