* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/16: EA & God of War Anniversary Sale! $8 The Sims 4, $5 Unravel 1/2, $24 God of War, $5 Burnout Paradis, & More!

#7831 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3114 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

I'm really tempted on Bersaria. I've had my eye on it for a while.

#7832 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

Highly recommend the Naruto bundle for $17.50. Lot of games for the price and it's only $5 more than the complete edition of the latest game. Also, new price low.

I had my eye on that when it popped up for the same price during the Xbox anime sale.  That led me to discovering a useful site - https://howlongtobeat.com

#7833 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Darkest Dungeon is an amazing game with great developer support. I will definitely buy Darkest Dungeon 2 day of release.

#7834 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1969 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:23 PM

The Playstation Store LIES!7EgpfHJ.png

#7835 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6545 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:42 AM

I went to rent Robin Hood at a Redbox today, and I was given the choice of a free game to rent, so I chose Spider-Man.  I'm not sure how much of it that I'll be able to play tonight, but I'm pretty excited.  At the very least, I'll get to see what all the hype is about.

#7836 elessar123  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:49 AM

Was it compensation for renting Robin Hood?

#7837 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4590 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:03 AM

It's a massive improvement in nearly every possible way from the disaster that was zesty.  But it still takes place in zesty's world so that part is still around.  At least they finally bother to explain why zesty's world is a shitfest but that's in the secret dungeon which is too little too late.  I don't want another game in its setting but it definitely needed on to fix things in their world.

The only negative I really had personally for berseria was that none of the characters from zesty were present besides zaveid and one or two npc's who for all intents and purposes might as well have been a different character.  It also adds too many plot holes like how rocko and lou were not in zesty but should have been.

#7838 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:11 AM

How is the Black Clover game if anyone has played it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7839 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11152 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

Haven't played any other Tales games previously, but am enjoying what I have played so far, I think I'm about halfway through the story. The story and the characters are quite enjoyable, it's a nice change of pace that they are more of anti-heroes.

#7840 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

It's the best JRPG of this gen IMO. Characters are fresh anti-heroes, story takes thematic and emotional risks, battle system is great (which is par for the course when it comes to Tales games). 

Honestly, I was burned out on Tales after Xillia 1, but Berseria blew me away.

#7841 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Somebody sell me on Superhot (non-VR) for $15. 

Or should I wait for it to hit <$10? I saw dunkey's review of it the other day and it looked sweet.

#7842 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

Or should I wait for it to hit <$10? I saw dunkey's review of it the other day and it looked sweet.

It’s a lot of fun, played it on Xbox when it was free. I’d suspect it’ll come to plus soon but maybe not. I’d only recommend it under $10.

#7843 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8974 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

I think I may trade in my physical copy of Bersaria and go digital. Probably is my second favorite Tales game after Versperia.

#7844 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Two questions about Tales of Berseria:

1. If I've never played a Tales game, will I be missing anything?

2. Are there difficulty settings so that I can set it to "I'm old and just want to experience the story without getting my ass kicked"?

#7845 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1666 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

2. Are there difficulty settings so that I can set it to "I'm old and just want to experience the story without getting my ass kicked"?

1.  No.  In general the different tales games do not overlap in terms of story.  Slight exception to Berseria, which is a distant prequel to Tales of Zesteria.  Zesteria is an inferior game though and not needed at all of to enjoy ToB.  There are just some little connections and references you'd appreciate having played ToZ first, nothing major.

However if you enjoy ToB I would really recommend getting Vesperia Remastered, which is the best of them all.

2.  Yes.  You can set difficulty to easy and even turn on auto battle and watch the game fight for you if you'd like.

#7846 elessar123  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

Tales games aren't particularly hard IMO, so I'm not sure I'd recommend auto-battle like the other guy. I'd just try it on normal, tbh. I'm 99% sure you can change difficulties if you find it too hard. Someone else who does it can correct me if I'm wrong, but the newer Tales usually have that option.

#7847 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

Thanks guys! I may have to check it out based on that and the overall high praise it seems to get.

#7848 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:02 PM

I borrowed Fire Pro Wrestling from my local library this past weekend. The controls were frustrating and the graphics were awful (reminded me of the Sega Genesis days). I have never uninstalled a game so quickly and really happy I did not purchase it. The WWE(Year) games are always entertaining, especially if playing with a friend.

The controls are based on timing and not button-mashing. The graphics have not really changed over the past generations (ps1 era and later). However, both have been accepted by its fans. The quality of the game is great once you get used to it.

#7849 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

I actually liked Berseria more than Vesperia. Its the best Tales game imo. 

#7850 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68505 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

It's one of the coolest shooter experiences I've ever had. The VR version is even cooler.

#7851 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68505 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

https://blog.us.play...es-this-spring/

Dreams is getting a Creator Early Access launch this Spring for $29.99 that is intended for creators that want to get in early to help shape the game. They say it'll be a limited release so that they can limit the amount of people they're getting feedback from.

https://blog.us.play...s-the-best-yet/

MLB The Show 19's Road to the Show details were released, which includes no attribute caps for your player, better relationship stuff with teammates and coaches that affect your standing in the clubhouse, training minigames, and in-game challenges.

#7852 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11152 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:00 AM

To further clarify, you can change the difficulty at any time while in game. There is a weakness mechanic that makes the enemy take more damage if you use all the attacks that is weak against, this is not present in easy mode (doing weakness combos is required for the platinum trophy).

There are also some abilities you gain later (such as increased chance for the enemy to drop an item they have not dropped before) that only work when you set it to a certain, higher difficulty. Higher difficulties mean greater chance for enemies to drop loot and more currency.

#7853 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4590 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:04 AM

. Higher difficulties mean greater chance for enemies to drop loot and more currency.

Higher difficulties also change the items that can be dropped by an enemy.  What does increase drop rates is chained encounters and finishing an enemy with a mystic arte along with the rocks dropped by story bosses, optional enemies and equipment/titles with drop rate increasing skills.

But even then the drop rates are horrible if you are going for specific equipment.

I think new equipment was bugged or something considering I had the set ups for getting new equipment to drop with the stones for specific difficulties and many enemies took 20-30 kills just to get their unique equipment.

#7854 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:15 AM

I cannot believe the lack of customer service I’ve experienced on the ps store. I always knew it was bad and they had some arbitrary one refund ever for people but after two chat conversations with rep and manager which involved them defending the undefendable. I think I’m done spending my money on there.

Long story short, I bought ticket to ride and the first class pack after the recent sale. The game description speak about the levels, tutorial and give the impression that it’s a ps4 game only In small type below the copyright do you see mention of the app. Upon install you notice it’s a playlink only game, something not labeled clearly like other playlink games and can’t be played without it. No options to play solo or couch coop or internet at all.

Manager today legit said that the description says it needs an internet connection to download the app even though the next sentence is no internet connection required to play. They legit wouldn’t give back credit or anything. It’s beyond maddening on principal alone. They could’ve just admitted error and gave me credit. I even contacted the developer who agreed it was mislabeled. I’m a bad taste in my mouth never again consumer that I may now switch from digital only to disc if I get more games.

#7855 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:45 AM

I cannot believe the lack of customer service I’ve experienced on the ps store. I always knew it was bad and they had some arbitrary one refund ever for people but after two chat conversations with rep and manager which involved them defending the undefendable. I think I’m done spending my money on there.

Yup, that's been my experience as well. They're cheap and stingy and don't mind pissing off the customer because they know they have us all by the nutsacks. Last time I dealt with them was regarding a 20% off code I had that didn't work. They said they would replace it as a "one-time" gesture. Sure enough, the replacement didn't work for me either. When I contacted them again about it (basically my initial issue still hadn't been resolved), they reiterated it was a one-time thing and they wouldn't offer me another replacement. I ended up selling it on the PSN code thread, but I could have used the larger discount towards an entire cart purchase, which I did not end up getting out of spite. In the end, both sides lose, but of course I'm just one lowly person and I don't mean jack squat to their bigger picture. Whattaya gonna do? :-(

#7856 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3114 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:15 AM

Don't even get me started on how anti-consumer Sony is becoming. I feel like I'm turning into chrislaustin Jr., except he actually likes Nintendo deep down and I don't feel that for Sony.

#7857 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:35 AM

Yup, that's been my experience as well. They're cheap and stingy and don't mind pissing off the customer because they know they have us all by the nutsacks. Last time I dealt with them was regarding a 20% off code I had that didn't work. They said they would replace it as a "one-time" gesture. Sure enough, the replacement didn't work for me either. When I contacted them again about it (basically my initial issue still hadn't been resolved), they reiterated it was a one-time thing and they wouldn't offer me another replacement. I ended up selling it on the PSN code thread, but I could have used the larger discount towards an entire cart purchase, which I did not end up getting out of spite. In the end, both sides lose, but of course I'm just one lowly person and I don't mean jack squat to their bigger picture. Whattaya gonna do? :-(

Was it a code that comes with a PS4 console? If so, those have to be entered on the PS4 store itself, won't work on the web store or app on phone/PC. Not sure if that was your issue but just a heads up for the future.

#7858 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:41 AM

Was it a code that comes with a PS4 console? If so, those have to be entered on the PS4 store itself, won't work on the web store or app on phone/PC. Not sure if that was your issue but just a heads up for the future.

Last time I dealt with them was for a refund on a game I'd never even played or installed. The customer service guy acted like I was trying to steal money out of his wallet.

#7859 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40076 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

Get it.

#7860 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:50 AM

No, it was just that unwritten rule that you can't use two codes from the same promotion or with the same expiration date. It was a console code I bought online, which I wouldn't have had to do if they would release 20% off codes periodically like they used to.