* * * * - 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 5/15: Pub Party & Totally Digital Pt. 2 Sales! $7.49 Metro Redux, $39 Ni no Kuni 2, $2 Darksiders, & More!

#271 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3686 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

I already own a physical copy of the base game, but would Muramasa Rebirth Complete Collection be the cheapest way to get all 4 dlc?

#272 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

Yakuza 0 and SotC are on sale this week in Europe. Hopefully next week for us! I wanna use that 50% off Yakuza 0 coupon!

https://www.eurogame...kiwami-and-more

#273 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

I already own a physical copy of the base game, but would Muramasa Rebirth Complete Collection be the cheapest way to get all 4 dlc?

You want this

https://store.playst...000000000000855

Thats the 4 DLCs by themselves. The one you linked is the base game + 4 DLC.

#274 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3686 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

You want this

https://store.playst...000000000000855

Thats the 4 DLCs by themselves. The one you linked is the base game + 4 DLC.

But the one I linked (game + 4 dlc) is on sale for $10.49, while the 4 dlc pack you linked is not on sale at $14.99. The individual dlc is also not on sale at $4.99 ea. Seems like buying the combo pack with the game is the cheapest way to go.

#275 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13297 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

My fault for not researching further but Swords of Ditto is another roguelite; is indie just devoid of anything else these days? Bought it for the couch coop and while it's not as awful as Enter the Gungeon, it is still another permadeath game with a twist. Really wish devs would be more honest in advertising because action RPG is not what I'd classify this as. That said, we're enjoying the art and fun combat but we've never been fond of hardcore modes found in these type of games. Just be aware before buying.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#276 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

My fault for not researching further but Swords of Ditto is another roguelite; is indie just devoid of anything else these days? Bought it for the couch coop and while it's not as awful as Enter the Gungeon, it is still another permadeath game with a twist. Really wish devs would be more honest in advertising because action RPG is not what I'd classify this as. That said, we're enjoying the art and fun combat but we've never been fond of hardcore modes found in these type of games. Just be aware before buying.

Thanks, I was tempted to pick this up for my wife and I to play, but I’m sure she’d lose interest faster if it’s difficult. I almost preordered it the night before it released, but lost track of time playing god of war. Playing a game actually saved me money this time. Lol
Spoiler
:3ds: Radiant Historia PC :wiiu: Tokyo Mirage :switch: M&R: Kingdom battle

#277 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13297 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Thanks, I was tempted to pick this up for my wife and I to play, but I’m sure she’d lose interest faster if it’s difficult. I almost preordered it the night before it released, but lost track of time playing god of war. Playing a game actually saved me money this time. Lol

NP, seems quite a few people have been ranting on reddit over being fooled by the cutesy trailer and prospect of coop. It's exactly what happened with us and I doubt we'll last the week playing it. If PSN wasn't such a bitch about money, I'd probably try for a refund. Second time I've been semi-burned by this, so going forward I'm going to have to research every new indie game before buying since they can't be honest in the trailer.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#278 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

To be fair, while definitely a rogue like, Swords of Ditto is still much more casual than others in the genre and treats death almost lightly with the whole 100 years till the next hero thing. Not saying it’s easy — just that it’s not hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. It’s funny and cute. I like the time traversing theme of the game too.

#279 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

Golden Week? More like Golden Weak! 8-[

I see what you did there...

#280 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for this.

I feel like rogue-lites(likes?) at this point are just lazy. “We don’t have to hire a level designer because we can have an algorithm do it for us!” I mean I love Spelunky and all, but my god, a good level design with a human touch is just so much more preferable than random blocks in a room placed by a computer.

#281 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1690 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for this.

I feel like rogue-lites(likes?) at this point are just lazy. “We don’t have to hire a level designer because we can have an algorithm do it for us!” I mean I love Spelunky and all, but my god, a good level design with a human touch is just so much more preferable than random blocks in a room placed by a computer.

This. That's why I never waste my time with most of these indie games. My gaming time is very limited and I want to use it with quality games designed by humans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#282 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for this.

Random blocks in a room placed by a computer?

I don’t get the hate for some of these rogue-likes. Swords of Ditto absolutely has good level design, great writing and just an overall warm and touchy feel that was clearly designed by humans. You can tell a lot of love went into this project.

If you die you keep all your equipment and still start on the same “level”, just 100 years later.

I will continue to enjoy this far from cookie-cutter game for sure.

#283 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36451 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

God of War is well deserving of that 20% off code. I know it’s still pretty early, but this is currently my game of the year.

Agreed x1000. I've put in at least 25 hours so far and the only thing I can think about at work is getting back home to play it some more. :joystick:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Monster Hunter World :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; Hitman: Absolution; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Exile's End; Uncanny Valley

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: Resident Evil 6 (3.5/5) :vita: Adventures of Mana (4.0/5)

#284 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

But the one I linked (game + 4 dlc) is on sale for $10.49, while the 4 dlc pack you linked is not on sale at $14.99. The individual dlc is also not on sale at $4.99 ea. Seems like buying the combo pack with the game is the cheapest way to go.

Are you looking to get rid of your physical copy? Cause yeah, Id definitely jump on the 10.49 sale. The 4 DLC bundle has been on sale for 7.50 and the base game for 7.5.

Its one of my favorites on Vita.

#285 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2448 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Yes

#286 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3686 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Are you looking to get rid of your physical copy? Cause yeah, Id definitely jump on the 10.49 sale. The 4 DLC bundle has been on sale for 7.50 and the base game for 7.5.

I didn't know the dlc bundle had hit so low before. That is all I would need. I have a 20% off that ends soon that would bring the game + dlc down to only $1 more than the dlc on sale. May just jump on it now then.

Thanks for the feedback ^^

#287 bers817  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Has anyone played both Superhot and Superhot VR? I'm debating if I should get the bundle or just the VR game.

#288 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13297 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

If you die you keep all your equipment and still start on the same “level”, just 100 years later.

No, you keep your level and money. Both of which are pretty irrelevant since the game levels up +1 every time you die, so the character progression is just a prestige system with absolutely no meaning and you lose all your money after turning off the game. All items except for the base starter gear and "time tokens" is lost, along with any toys and stickers you buy or find. You can spend time searching for your corpse to get some items back, but in the 4-5 lives I've played I haven't seen mine yet.

Another huge balance problem is that if you level up and immediately die, get ready to grind the world mobs to unlock the toy dungeon which wastes precious time. Experienced players might purposefully just grind and die just before dinging because there's no downside to starting the next life at 99% of a level.

Playing the game is fun itself, until you die. This is why games like Dark Souls prevailed and these continue being niche. Many people don't like starting a game over every 2 hours just to grind again.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#289 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2793 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

Just saw PS+ games for May 

• Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)

• Rayman Legends (PS4)

• Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)

• Eat Them (PS3)

• King Oddball (PS Vita)

• Furmins (PS Vita)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#290 Lonely Boy  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

I'll take Beyond: Two Souls. Haven't played it since PS3 launch, but it's a favorite.

#291 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13297 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

Wait, Beyond got a remaster? Rayman I remember being pretty popular, but I'm into very few platformers anymore. Last one I enjoyed was Salty Souls heh.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#292 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

• Rayman Legends (PS4)

• Eat Them (PS3)

• King Oddball (PS Vita)

• Furmins (PS Vita)

XBOX wins this one with Super Mega Baseball 2 being free right out of the gate. Probably just buy the PS4 version instead of reviving my long dead Gold though.

Killbomb.png

#293 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7571 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

• Rayman Legends (PS4)

• Eat Them (PS3)

• King Oddball (PS Vita)

• Furmins (PS Vita)

Have both PS4 games (well, actually Rayman on Xbox One) and those Vita crossbuy games are pretty crappy.

Oh well, I’ll enjoy the Xbox games this month but surely enjoy a PS+ month over Gold at some point. Win some and lose some as far as the freebies are concerned.

I do like that MS has had two new releases consecutively ( Robocraft Infinity and Super Mega Baseball 2). Wish both would do that more often. Rocket League was my probably the best freebie ever on either system.

#294 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2448 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

XBOX wins this one with Super Mega Baseball 2 being free right out of the gate. Probably just buy the PS4 version instead of reviving my long dead Gold though.

Damn...the first one was on sale last week for $3.  Fuck lol

#295 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2826 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Roguelikes are not about level design; not specifically anyway. They're about strengthening both your equipment and your own skills so that you can handle any and everything the game throws at you (and it usually will throw any and everything).

Procedurally generated levels are used to keep you on your toes, so you can't just run through everything from memory. You probably could couple decent and challenging level design with unpredictable placement of dangerous enemies, but it would likely make traversing the level nigh impossible in tricky places.

I just don't think it's fair to criticize roguelikes for uninspired level design when that's not the focus of the game. It's not really like they're barren either; most of them still have plenty of hazards to get through, even if they're randomly generated.

Im actually becoming more interested in Ditto the more people describe it, because I love roguelikes.

#296 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Random blocks in a room placed by a computer?

I don’t get the hate for some of these rogue-likes. Swords of Ditto absolutely has good level design, great writing and just an overall warm and touchy feel that was clearly designed by humans. You can tell a lot of love went into this project.

I will continue to enjoy this far from cookie-cutter game for sure.

Enter the Gungeon/Nuclear Throne/etc is 100% random shit in a room. There is no inspiration behind them. I can’t speak for Ditto, but if it’s just another rogue-like, I can safely assume I’ll get bored with it nearly instantly.

#297 edison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

any deals on Plus anymore? Mine just lapsed

Mine lapsed at the beginning of April, and evidently there was a sale in March that I missed. I ended up picking up a $49.99 card at Walmart for some savings.

#298 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2402 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

Golden Week? More like Golden Weak!  8-[

Seriously though, there are some decent deals here. Been waiting for Street Fighter x Tekken to drop low and looking forward to playing that. On the fence about some of the Mega Man games. Kinda glad there weren't a ton of titles on sale I wanted--was worried I'd spend a small fortune. Considering Darkstalkers for the PSP too, but I don't remember hearing anything about it being either good or bad.

Do you really think you'll play a fighting game on your Vita?

NotRic.png

#299 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

o.o; How long is an in-game day? I might want to do that..

An in-game day in Persona could last a couple minutes or a couple hours. It depends on what you do. If you spend your day doing social activities the day will end pretty quick. If you're doing a dungeon then you could be playing for quite a while.

I don't think playing one in-game day each day is a good way to play the game. There will be days where you spend more time starting up the game than actually playing the game.

It seems more like a goof challenge for people who have played the game multiple times.

#300 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

God of War is well deserving of that 20% off code. I know it’s still pretty early, but this is currently my game of the year.

Had a chance to play a bit of it and it seems like it's going to be a classic. Still wish I could have gotten more out of the 20% code, though, especially since I have a feeling we're going to see even better sales next week (if the current euro sales are a harbinger of things to come).