* * * * - 19 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/11: Days of Play/Square Enix Sales! $3 NBA 2K19, $20 God of War/Spider-Man, $40 Days Gone/MLB The Show 19, & More!

#9691 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Didn’t see this posted elsewhere. It looks like Telltale games have/will be delisted from Steam and GOG on May 27th. I assume this means delisting for consoles as well.

Damn, that's a shame, though I think I own all of them between PS3 and PS4. In retrospect, getting The Walking Dead Collection with the preorder of The Final Season was a good deal, though I never could have foreseen what would happen.

It's amazing to me how many times Life is Strange season 2 episode 1 has been on sale and yet I can't remember a single time when the whole season was on sale. Been out for awhile now. $40 is just too much!

I ended up getting the first ep for $3.99 and using my last (*sob*) 20% off code on the season pass. I haven't regretted it because it's been a great season so far. Those who have patience will be rewarded with the lowest prices at the end of the season, as well as not having to wait months between episodes.

#9692 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

I got the Nioh 2 alpha too. I have Nioh in my backlog, but just recently got the platinum for Sekiro. So maybe they think I “got gud”. Jokes on them though, I’m not good at those games, just persistent.

#9693 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

Didn’t see this posted elsewhere. It looks like Telltale games have/will be delisted from Steam and GOG on May 27th. I assume this means delisting for consoles as well.

Thanks for the heads-up!  I own many seasons on PS4, but now I should really purchase the ones I don't have while I still have the chance!

#9694 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Unless this is a licensing issue, shouldn’t these Telltale games just get picked up by another publisher and get put back on in the near future?

#9695 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

I don’t understand how it’s possible but Sony managed to break the PS app even more on iOS. Can’t search, can’t bring up my download list, can’t view my wishlist, one of the sales isn’t even displaying, etc. Who is running infrastructure over there? They’re bad at their job.

#9696 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Unless this is a licensing issue, shouldn’t these Telltale games just get picked up by another publisher and get put back on in the near future?

I'm not sure.  Since all of their recent stuff (almost all of which I'm interested in) is licensed and there's a lot of licenses at play, it doesn't seem likely to me that all of them would come back under a new publisher.

After doing some research on Telltale games on Sony systems, I discovered that they're kind of a mess!  Some season passes aren't available (Minecraft: Story Mode) and some seasons are missing episodes (Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Game of Thrones).  Everything but the most recent (and final) Walking Dead season is $14.99 on PSN, but disc versions are available for all of the season I care about, so I'm thinking I might wait until I can get them cheaper than $14.99 each on disc.

However, two questions for all you CAGs-

1. If all of these seasons do get delisted and removed from PSN, the value (and thus, the cost) of the disc versions will probably go up, huh?

2. The disc versions of these seasons just contains episode one and then a code to download the additional episodes, right?  So if all of these seasons do get delisted and removed from PSN, would it even be possible to download the additional episodes if you buy the disc version?  Or are all of the episodes actually on the discs?

#9697 jizMasterZer0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

jizMasterZer0

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

Need some help with some game ideas. The gf loves Diablo 3, but I'm really burnt out on that. Are there any couch co-op games that are similar? I saw that Magicka 2 is on sale, was possibly going to bite on that.

#9698 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

2. The disc versions of these seasons just contains episode one and then a code to download the additional episodes, right?  So if all of these seasons do get delisted and removed from PSN, would it even be possible to download the additional episodes if you buy the disc version?  Or are all of the episodes actually on the discs?

Some of the games are complete on disc.

• Back to the Future
  • Walking Dead Season 1
  • Walking Dead Season 2
  • Wolf Among Us
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Minecraft: Story Mode: Complete Adventure (S1E1-5,S1E6-8)
  • Walking Dead Collection (1,2,3,Michonne)
  • presumably the upcoming Walking Dead Definitive Edition (1,2,3,Michonne,4)

The ones that say "season pass disc" are incomplete to varying extent, with the disc itself acting as a season pass giving you the ability to redeem the missing episodes digitally.  Note that you have to actually redeem them to "call dibs" for your digital library (same as with a season pass, simply buying the season pass does not actually register you as buying any of the individual epsiodes, you actually have to redeem the episodes to lock it in).  If the episodes get delisted and you haven't redeemed them already, you won't be able to download/play those episodes even with the disc or season pass.

• Game of Thrones
  • Minecraft: Story Mode (vanilla)
  • Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2
  • Batman Season 1
  • Batman Season 2
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Walking Dead Season 3
  • Walking Dead Season 4

#9699 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1003 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

There was a set with Coulson and his car!

Yeah, but it wasn't an OFFICIAL AoS set, but an Avengers set--an alternate reality where Hammer had his own suit and Coulson was actually known to be alive to Tony. Only some vague connection between Coulson and a passing reference at the beginning and end of Age of Ultron actually connects AoS, and even then the casual viewer would never get the link from the end of season 3. I mean, Coulson rebuilt the helicarrier, so you'd think he'd get to command it!

#9700 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Need some help with some game ideas. The gf loves Diablo 3, but I'm really burnt out on that. Are there any couch co-op games that are similar? I saw that Magicka 2 is on sale, was possibly going to bite on that.

Titan Quest, but the console version can be somewhat buggy.

#9701 solinari6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

solinari6

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

If Magicka 2 is cheap, I'd say go for it, but realize that it's a LOT more difficult than Diablo. I got way too frustrated and quit pretty early on.

If you're looking for something couch co-op that is on easier side you could try Gauntlet or Fat Princess Adventures (both a VERY shallow compared to diablo though).  Other couch co-op games we've had a lot of fun with were Overcooked and Nex Machina. Also if you haven't tried Unravel Two, that was a fun (but short) game.  Bonus points for that, because when you got to the harder platforming parts, you can "merge" the 2 characters together, so only one of you has to be able pass the area.  I just got Degrees of Separation this sale, and we're going through that now.  Pretty decent so far, if you like co-op puzzle games.

#9702 jizMasterZer0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

jizMasterZer0

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

If Magicka 2 is cheap, I'd say go for it, but realize that it's a LOT more difficult than Diablo. I got way too frustrated and quit pretty early on.

If you're looking for something couch co-op that is on easier side you could try Gauntlet or Fat Princess Adventures (both a VERY shallow compared to diablo though).  Other couch co-op games we've had a lot of fun with were Overcooked and Nex Machina. Also if you haven't tried Unravel Two, that was a fun (but short) game.  Bonus points for that, because when you got to the harder platforming parts, you can "merge" the 2 characters together, so only one of you has to be able pass the area.  I just got Degrees of Separation this sale, and we're going through that now.  Pretty decent so far, if you like co-op puzzle games.

Thanks so much for the help. Diablo seemed to button mashy for me, I think that's why I got burnt out. We tried Overcooked when we first started dating, probably give that one another go, now that she's more used to the ps4 mote. I'll probably grab Magicka 2 and Unravel 2 this weekend.

#9703 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

Alienation, if she can stand the sci-fi theme.  Same concept, loot system, class system, etc.  The only thing that takes a bit to get the hang of is the fact that it is level based, not open world based and the active reload mechanic (think Gears of War reloading).

#9704 jizMasterZer0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

jizMasterZer0

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Alienation, if she can stand the sci-fi theme.  Same concept, loot system, class system, etc.  The only thing that takes a bit to get the hang of is the fact that it is level based, not open world based and the active reload mechanic (think Gears of War reloading).

Awesome, I think I have that, so I'll give that a go with her.

#9705 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:57 PM

https://store.playst...S4TK7THEME00006

$. 01 Tekken theme

Courtesy of Wario

#9706 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8643 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

https://store.playst...S4TK7THEME00006

$. 01 Tekken theme

Courtesy of Wario

Alas, dead.

#9707 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:05 PM

Went to play Episode 3 of Life is Strange 2 and got hit with the save corruption bug.  I can choose to start with one of the premade saves they've included for this bug, and none of them match my choices.  No collectibles either.  My cloud save is corrupted as well.  Between this and the large gaps between episodes, it killed my interest in playing, and I love LiS.

#9708 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

Alas, dead.

Damn, that lasted for a few hours and I didn't even buy it. Someone posted that maybe it was a glitch and supposed to be free so I waited. Well I saved $. 01

#9709 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4658 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

I just don’t get how that can be possible. Deacon is just an asshole and you have to spend the whole game with him and he barely has an arc. He never loses the chip on his shoulder even when people are trying to help him (like Rikki or Addy). Everyone is so arrogant. It’s off-putting and hard to sympathize at all.

Don’t even get me started on the length of the game. Jesus, I wish Bend knew how to trim the fat. There’s just too much filler BS in Days Gone that you could take it from a 40-50 hour game to a 15 hour one. I really liked the gameplay at the start of the game, but at like halfway through the game, ughhh, the monotony. I was desperate to finish so I could finally move on. I have like 70% of the trophies, but you couldn’t pay me to go back and get the rest at this point. It’s safe to say that I’ll never play Days Gone again.

Word to the wise. Don’t get this game until it gets under $20. I regret paying full price.

Well, we're playing different games. I love deacon. I disagree that he's arrogant, and if anything, he's far too nice. And no arc? Dude goes through tons learning how to coexist with others.

And there are tons of great characters, from deek to boozer to rikki to kaori to cope to iron mike and more.

Each major town is fantastic, and relatively realistic from an in game perspective. Gun nuts, 'enlightened' slavers [that are allies, no less!], cults, militas, utopian, loners, marauders... and all presented relatively straightforwardly, all just trying to survive. It did political right, presenting a wide range of ideas without hamfisted moral judgement.

The col is the only major misfire in that regard, he's a bit too cartoonish especially during his speeches, but I understand what they were going for.

The open world was magnificent - beautiful, organic, tons of things to do and explore without it ever being a checklist. Hordes are amazing. Survival, especially early on before you're OP, is awesome. I've spent hours just tooling around exploring and I never do that. This is probably the best 'open world' I've experienced.

The few issues I had melted away after awhile. I got used to the gunplay, for example, and ended up loving combat.

I'll be buying any Dlc, and the only dlc I've ever bought and played is dark souls.

Goty for me so far. And top 5 gen, most likely. I'm actually sad the game us over and fear having a long drought where nothing else engages me.

Anyone here long enough knows generally hate and ignore stories in games. Rare exceptions exist, like tlou or horizon zero dawn, where a world is created that grabs me. This is one of those.

#9710 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

If the episodes get delisted and you haven't redeemed them already, you won't be able to download/play those episodes even with the disc or season pass.

I don't think that's true, because it's still possible to redeem delisted games if you have the code. You just can't buy them on the store.

Went to play Episode 3 of Life is Strange 2 and got hit with the save corruption bug.  I can choose to start with one of the premade saves they've included for this bug, and none of them match my choices.  No collectibles either.  My cloud save is corrupted as well.  Between this and the large gaps between episodes, it killed my interest in playing, and I love LiS.

Sorry to hear that. My episode 2 save only got partially corrupted and I had to recollect some of the collectibles. I also made a second save just for backup. Ultimately a lot of the smaller choices don't make that much difference and you probably wouldn't be aware of them otherwise (especially if it's been months since you last played). Don't let that stop you from playing episode 3 which was my personal favorite (for personal reasons). I think the large gaps between episodes work because a lot of "real time" has passed in the game too.

#9711 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

Well, we're playing different games. I love deacon. I disagree that he's arrogant, and if anything, he's far too nice. And no arc? Dude goes through tons learning how to coexist with others.

And there are tons of great characters, from deek to boozer to rikki to kaori to cope to iron mike and more.

Each major town is fantastic, and relatively realistic from an in game perspective. Gun nuts, 'enlightened' slavers [that are allies, no less!], cults, militas, utopian, loners, marauders... and all presented relatively straightforwardly, all just trying to survive. It did political right, presenting a wide range of ideas without hamfisted moral judgement.

The col is the only major misfire in that regard, he's a bit too cartoonish especially during his speeches, but I understand what they were going for.

The open world was magnificent - beautiful, organic, tons of things to do and explore without it ever being a checklist. Hordes are amazing. Survival, especially early on before you're OP, is awesome. I've spent hours just tooling around exploring and I never do that. This is probably the best 'open world' I've experienced.

The few issues I had melted away after awhile. I got used to the gunplay, for example, and ended up loving combat.

I'll be buying any Dlc, and the only dlc I've ever bought and played is dark souls.

Goty for me so far. And top 5 gen, most likely. I'm actually sad the game us over and fear having a long drought where nothing else engages me.

Anyone here long enough knows generally hate and ignore stories in games. Rare exceptions exist, like tlou or horizon zero dawn, where a world is created that grabs me. This is one of those.

I agree with most of your points, love the game and its world, but don't think it's quite as immersive as Red Dead 2, a game where I could just go to some hilltop and chill for a half hour looking around with my binoculars and listening to the wonderful sounds.

Speaking of which....the sound, along with the dreadful framerate issues and down right weird presentation involving cutscenes and conversations while in the shit are my only real gripes with the game. The sound is great for the most part, but I have a hard time placing what direction a freaker is coming from at times. Not a huge deal, but it stuck out after playing games like RDR2 and the RE2 remake over the last few months.

I also would say it's my favorite game of the year (so far) and in my top five this generation (or close to it), I platted it last night and am waiting on Sony to send me my theme, too bad the digital deluxe themes aren't available for purchase though. I would've bought one for sure. 

#9712 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1106 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:06 AM

9 parchments is a great couch coop game top down with rpg elements, easier than magicka.

#9713 numbnumbjuice  

numbnumbjuice

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:07 AM

To be fair, CrepeNuts also called Frisky arrogant and an egomaniac.

#9714 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2206 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:09 AM

He's kinda right though.
  • awp likes this

#9715 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:24 AM

What does that have to do with me having an opinion on a game? Are you saying it invalidates it?

Affa and I politely disagreed on how we felt about a game. There wasn’t any malice so I don’t get why you’re trying to stir the pot.

#9716 numbnumbjuice  

numbnumbjuice

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:48 AM

What does that have to do with me having an opinion on a game? Are you saying it invalidates it?

Affa and I politely disagreed on how we felt about a game. There wasn’t any malice so I don’t get why you’re trying to stir the pot.

It has to do with your opinion that everyone in the game is arrogant. I didn't think that was an obscure connection.

#9717 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6300 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:15 AM

What a Fuck ing tenuous connection.

#9718 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4691 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:06 AM

that 1 cent theme was already free before.  At least I am pretty sure it was since I have it from previous free theme dumps via frisky iirc.

#9719 numbnumbjuice  

numbnumbjuice

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:10 AM

What a Fuck ing tenuous connection.

I'll try to dumb it down for you with an example. If I say, "Don't eat at that restaurant, the hot dogs are too spicy and it ruined the entire evening, " but then you recall me saying that warm milk is too spicy a couple weeks ago, wouldn't that suggest that my criticisms of spicyness might be off base?

#9720 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6300 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:16 AM

Not sure Frisky wants to be compared to spicy milk, but okay.

Just keep stirring, brother.