* * * * - 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/19: Sonic & Call of Duty sales! $20 Infinite Warfare, $25 Advanced Warfare Pro, Black Ops III Free for PS+, & More!

#961 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2258 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

20% off Playstation Store Code Quest on the https://live.playstation.com/ website. Expires 5/31/2018

Thanks! Now I have to decide if I want to use it on this week's deals or next week's...
CBrownsT10.pngTheLegendoTyler.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6690-7182-9810

#962 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Wow. I’ve never bought one with cash and am fine with my roster honestly. It’s even better when I beat a guy with 5 or 6 diamonds. Of course, I’ve only been able to reach Pennant Race level so far but still...

#963 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

Hmm, I've had my eye on BLOPS3 Zombies for a while, and with this 20% coupon plus the sale, the digital prices are the lowest ever.  I've never played a CoD Zombies at all though, opinions?  I'm mulling between the base Zombies Chronicles edition, which I believe includes 9 zombies maps for $29, or the ZC Deluxe edition which would include the season pass with 5 additional zombies maps for $48.

#964 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:04 PM

Wow. I’ve never bought one with cash and am fine with my roster honestly. It’s even better when I beat a guy with 5 or 6 diamonds. Of course, I’ve only been able to reach Pennant Race level so far but still...

It really just depends on what you want to get out of it. I don't play online at all so I'm not worried about how my lineup compares to anyone. I'm into the collectable aspect and trying to complete as many programs as I can so I fall victim to their master plan lol

782879.png

#965 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

It really just depends on what you want to get out of it. I don't play online at all so I'm not worried about how my lineup compares to anyone. I'm into the collectable aspect and trying to complete as many programs as I can so I fall victim to their master plan lol

Oh ok. All I do is play online for the most part. I just assumed anyone that was trying to get diamonds was doing so to compete at the higher levels. I’d love to complete some programs but the amount of cash/grinding that would take is not worth it to me.

#966 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67132 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

A new deal:

:ps4: NASCAR Heat 2 Ultimate Edition - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/29

Freebie:

:ps4: Battlefield 1 - In the Name of the Tsar - Free

:ps4: Battlefield 4 - Final Stand - Free 

PSVR :ps4: Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars Demo

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#967 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, only good for this week and next week's sale with no flash sale.  Going to be tough to snag a good deal with this one, but still like that we have it.

May have to use it for Pixeljunk Monsters 2.

I'm currently playing PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD for Vita. Really enjoying this game and will definitely be picking up #2 at some point.

#968 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67132 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#969 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

20% off Playstation Store Code Quest on the https://live.playstation.com/ website. Expires 5/31/2018

You are a rock star, thanks!!!

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#970 TYBG   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Hmm, I've had my eye on BLOPS3 Zombies for a while, and with this 20% coupon plus the sale, the digital prices are the lowest ever. I've never played a CoD Zombies at all though, opinions? I'm mulling between the base Zombies Chronicles edition, which I believe includes 9 zombies maps for $29, or the ZC Deluxe edition which would include the season pass with 5 additional zombies maps for $48.

BLOPS3 has the best zombies mode of all time. Zombies Chronicles is definitely worth it, only 2 of the maps in season pass are good though imo.

#971 .Beowulf  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:48 PM

I'm probably gonna use the 20% on COD stuff too. Not much else to use it on and since COD tends to stick around the same prices most of the time an extra 20% might make now as good of a time as any

always seem to get these when there isn't crap for me to buy lol

#972 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1319 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

Alright maybe one of you guys can help me out or convince me one way or the other? GameStop has Far Cry 5 on sale for 45 and I have some reward certs I could use to knock it down to 35. Basically my question to you is. Far Cry 5 for 35 or Far Cry 4 Gold for 18? Discuss!

#973 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4486 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:05 PM

the state of the 2018 world-- doesn't concern me so I don't care. OLD games would be dirt cheap regardless if dlc existed. when the tail of a game starts to fade dirt cheap sales occur. living in your bubble

Ridiculous. It's absolutely clear many games have been either $5 or so, or on PS Plus, in hopes it would spur full price DLC sales.

Denying an obvious business strategy and saying that I'm the one living in a bubble is absurd.
I'd argue This strategy helps more people then it hurts, since my guess is majority of people do not care about DLC since the majority people don't even finish games. Acting like I'm oblivious to the needs of others is again, absurd. Of course it doesn't help everyone, but no business strategy will.

Rather than paint my opinion as some sort of 2018 selfishness, consider that this way, those who can't afford to spend much on games are able to get AAA games sooner and cheaper via this strategy. The only people hurt are those waiting for DLC sales. And given the choice, I think this strategy greatly preferable. If you love The Game enough that you want the DLC, then buying it full price after getting the game for five bucks isn't the end of the world. And if you bought the game at full price, then clearly you can afford 15 bucks for DLC if you want it that bad.

#974 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

So am I correct in the belief that there is no single-player Call of Duty DLC, and that it's all online-only?

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#975 Lonely Boy  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Thanks! Now I have to decide if I want to use it on this week's deals or next week's...

I was wondering why sales were so shitty this week. I could find maybe three things if I really push myself (still expensive though) or take a chance and wait until next week to break this dry spell. Last week honestly would have been better. I hate that there's never a code when I really need it.

As a sidenote, you can always tell when Sony is really behind a game when they drop these quests.

#976 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1679 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Detroit reviews drop in 12 hours. May be a candidate for a 20% off coupon code after it releases.

#977 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

Gonna use my 20% off code for Deus Ex Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe and GRID Autosport Black Edition DLC (not a part of the sale). Nothing else in the sale is of interest.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#978 .Beowulf  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

So am I correct in the belief that there is no single-player Call of Duty DLC, and that it's all online-only?

aren't all the zombie stuff single player  as well?

#979 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:53 AM

It can be, but it's probably more fun in online co-op.

#980 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67132 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:59 AM

Maybe like if Left 4 Dead could be played without bots.

#981 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3440 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:03 AM

It can be, but it's probably more fun in online co-op.

I have not played Zombies in co-op but I can definitely say that it's not very fun solo.

Killbomb.png

#982 kirby010694   CAG Ultra Noob CAG in Training   11 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

kirby010694

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:32 AM

delusional here, maybe we'll get a sweet memorial day weekend flash sale

#983 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:55 AM

I honestly couldn't say. The only Call of Duty DLC/Zombies stuff I ever bought was for World at War, and those seemed to only be online.  Or perhaps not necessarily online-only, but rather built for co-op play and not so much of an actual single-player campaign.  Was kind of interested in the Kevin Smith CoD DLC, but not if it's just some co-op/online thing.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#984 TYBG   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:09 AM

I honestly couldn't say. The only Call of Duty DLC/Zombies stuff I ever bought was for World at War, and those seemed to only be online.  Or perhaps not necessarily online-only, but rather built for co-op play and not so much of an actual single-player campaign.  Was kind of interested in the Kevin Smith CoD DLC, but not if it's just some co-op/online thing.

Zombies is completely playable solo and the new COD games are very fun to play that way :) 

#985 RiPPn  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:18 AM

delusional here, maybe we'll get a sweet memorial day weekend flash sale

We already had this months flash sale and I don't think they have ever had 2 flash sales in a month.

RiPPn.png

#986 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

Got my 20% off code but now I'm locked on my Sony rewards account. Favorite song? I don't have a favorite song. Guess I'll have to call customer service tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the code. But I'm still locked out of Sony rewards & have to call customer service.

#987 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

Thinking about using the code on the new Bloodstained game, and maybe the new Sega Classics game so I can play some Phantasy Star and the Shining games on my PS4.

Question is, should I finally grab the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, or wait and see if we get anything good on sale next week?

#988 Ltrain8765   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Ltrain8765

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

Ridiculous. It's absolutely clear many games have been either $5 or so, or on PS Plus, in hopes it would spur full price DLC sales.

Denying an obvious business strategy and saying that I'm the one living in a bubble is absurd.
I'd argue This strategy helps more people then it hurts, since my guess is majority of people do not care about DLC since the majority people don't even finish games. Acting like I'm oblivious to the needs of others is again, absurd. Of course it doesn't help everyone, but no business strategy will.

Rather than paint my opinion as some sort of 2018 selfishness, consider that this way, those who can't afford to spend much on games are able to get AAA games sooner and cheaper via this strategy. The only people hurt are those waiting for DLC sales. And given the choice, I think this strategy greatly preferable. If you love The Game enough that you want the DLC, then buying it full price after getting the game for five bucks isn't the end of the world. And if you bought the game at full price, then clearly you can afford 15 bucks for DLC if you want it that bad.

your post was selfish. You love posting an opinion that you present as fact.  You make assumptions and then use them to strengthen your point .  I have bought so many games for 5 dollars or less that do not have dlc.  Your business model sure has a lot of holes.    just keep on in your bubble 

salamancatwins.png

#989 Acquiesc3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Alright maybe one of you guys can help me out or convince me one way or the other? GameStop has Far Cry 5 on sale for 45 and I have some reward certs I could use to knock it down to 35. Basically my question to you is. Far Cry 5 for 35 or Far Cry 4 Gold for 18? Discuss!

I just finished Far Cry 5 yesterday, it's okay. Really pretty game, map felt too large for its own good. Some stand out missions for sure, but encountered a lot of bugs/glitches. The biggest change is being able to tackle any area at any time, but in execution.. it just falls flat as the game rarely if ever comments/acknowledges on how you liberated a previous area and what not. It just felt so disjointed and not a cohesive experience like the previous games. Requiring to fill out a gauge in order to advanced the story for each area is terrible and becomes a slog (especially after you've already done the story missions and just want to move on). Also the game requiring you to be "abducted" multiple times per area are just the worst.

I could go on and on, but Far Cry 4 is a much better game so get that instead.

Posted Image

#990 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1319 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

I think I am gonna use my 20% code on Detroit digital deluxe and FarCry 4. I didn't know the Detroit digital deluxe came with Heavy Rain of you preorder so that's a nice little bonus