* * * * - 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/19: Sonic & Call of Duty sales! $20 Infinite Warfare, $25 Advanced Warfare Pro, Black Ops III Free for PS+, & More!

#1021 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Physical:

Pro: You can always play the game. Provided your system works and you take care of the disc, you will still be able play it whether it's next week, a year from now, or 20 years from now.  Being online is not a requirement to install the game (so if you lose the internet or we lose net neutrality, no worries.)  If you have little space on your hard drive and need to do a lot of installing/uninstalling, it's faster to install large games from disc than download ~60gb of data from online.

Con: Discs can be damaged, lost or physically stolen.

Digital:

Pro: No need to get up and swap discs provided the games you want to play are installed.

Cons: You don't own the games, you only license them. Sony has the authority to remove them from your account if the mood takes them. No guarantee they will keep games available forever; for example, they may stop allowing you to download your PS3 purchases in 5, 10, whatever years because they don't think anyone plays PS3 anymore. Need to continually install/delete games because you'll run out of space fast, can't rollback to the first version of a game if a later patch nerfs the game.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#1022 .Beowulf  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

We are the soda and couch potato generation

we ain't got 20 years left anyway

#1023 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

Debating going completely digital

Can anyone tell me the pros/cons?  Also I don't sell games if at all, so I don't have to worry about that.  Trying to see if it is finally time to ditch physical media and make my life less cluttered and easier lol.

I'm doing it. If I see a significant sale on a game I own physically I'll pick it up digitally. Then I'll pull it from my shelf and set it aside for when Gamestop trade values are up/there's a significant promo boost. Been using that trade credit to put towards money for my PSN wallet. It's a cycle, and I'd like to say that I've actually made a bit doing it too (being a CAG and all).

#1024 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

Physical:

Pro: You can always play the game. Provided your system works and you take care of the disc, you will still be able play it whether it's next week, a year from now, or 20 years from now.  Being online is not a requirement to install the game (so if you lose the internet or we lose net neutrality, no worries.)  If you have little space on your hard drive and need to do a lot of installing/uninstalling, it's faster to install large games from disc than download ~60gb of data from online.

Con: Discs can be damaged, lost or physically stolen.

Digital:

Pro: No need to get up and swap discs provided the games you want to play are installed.

Cons: You don't own the games, you only license them. Sony has the authority to remove them from your account if the mood takes them. No guarantee they will keep games available forever; for example, they may stop allowing you to download your PS3 purchases in 5, 10, whatever years because they don't think anyone plays PS3 anymore. Need to continually install/delete games because you'll run out of space fast, can't rollback to the first version of a game if a later patch nerfs the game.

You forgot that friends can borrow your game and you can sell or trade it if you need money or don't want the game anymore. Usually cheaper too. Physical will always be better.

#1025 NoDAK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

Damnit, when did this happen? I just bought some credit last month, and was going to buy some credit to get God of War with the 20% off coupon. Ugh.

I last purchased a digital PSN gift card from Amazon on April 30th.  Came back later that day to buy another and found they were out of stock.   Almost a month later still waiting for $10 or $20 to be restocked.

#1026 jr7936   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

I am debating about the street fighter v arcade ultimate edition for $39.19 after the 20% off since season 3 pass is $29.99 by itself

#1027 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

I like digital for games that I want to pick up and play for short bursts.

Grand Theft Auto IV recently had a ton of licensed tracks removed from the main game and DLC episodes.  If you download the digital versions you can't recover those tracks.  So big pro for the physical version in this case.

#1028 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1534 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

Is there a way to use the 10 digit discount code (20% off) when preordering a game? 

Nevermind, Looks like they don't work on the preorders.

#1029 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

Weren’t backers supposed to get that Bloodstained Curse of The Moon game today? Or am I mistaken?
Spoiler

#1030 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67131 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Speaking for yourself, I suppose. Guess I've outgrown this "GOTTA GET NOW WHILE IT'S FRESH" mentality. The point still stands: EA is not invoking good faith towards its most valuable consumers. So as a result, now I'm increasingly becoming one of their invaluable customers. Not making an empirical statement, simply sharing how it affects me and its result.

You do not know what this word means unless you're saying you buy all of their games at launch at full price along with all of the DLC at full price.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#1031 Justenvv  

Justenvv

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Weren’t backers supposed to get that Bloodstained Curse of The Moon game today? Or am I mistaken?

They were. Issue with the keys and only Steam ones were ready. They are giving them out via fangamer site. If you have only console, you get a temp steam key.

#1032 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

They were. Issue with the keys and only Steam ones were ready. They are giving them out via fangamer site. If you have only console, you get a temp steam key.

Just saw that damn :(
Spoiler

#1033 RiPPn  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

Can anyone familiar with The Elder Scrolls Online tell me if this:

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Morrowind

Includes the base game and all addons except Summerset?  Or is it just the base game and Morrowind but none of the other addons?

RiPPn.png

#1034 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67131 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#1035 .Beowulf  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:39 AM

time to cut the shit ps3

I have 24 gig of a 1.5tb left

smaller files or allow some external action

giphy.gif

#1036 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3089 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

time to cut the shit ps3

giphy.gif

This is a great idea, one that absolutely should happen. It's chances of actually happening though approach 0%.

metsfan754.png

#1037 .Beowulf  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:26 AM

This is a great idea, one that absolutely should happen. It's chances of actually happening though approach 0%.

they were cool though about not offering external by making sure a large majority of the games are ridiculous in size when compared to other systems of the same generation

so that was nice of them

#1038 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3436 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:42 AM

I'm not that disappointed with the delay. I could play it on Steam but I'm getting Detroit tomorrow and that should keep me busy for at least a week. The Steam codes for Curse of the Moon expire on June 8th so I'm assuming that's the longest it will take to get the PS4 keys out to backers.

Killbomb.png

#1039 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

time to cut the shit ps3

Or you could just delete stuff you're done with or not going to play. Problem solved.

#1040 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1775 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

Or you could just delete stuff you're done with or not going to play. Problem solved.

Stop with your making sense stuff.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#1041 jgiovanni  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

How are we supposed to get the steam keys?

jgiovanni.png

1060050.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#1042 anarchyburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1275 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

anarchyburger

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

Can anyone familiar with The Elder Scrolls Online tell me if this:

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Morrowind

Includes the base game and all addons except Summerset? Or is it just the base game and Morrowind but none of the other addons?

it includes ESO base game and Morrowind expansion. If you want all the addons, then you should go for ESO Gold edition. I'm not sure if they have updated that to include Morrowind tho
GameCenter/Words with Friends: Rjsanchez88
Steam: AnrchyBurgr8t8
Origin(BF3): anarchyburger8t8
Feel free to add me, let me know you're a fellow CAG
Posted Image

#1043 RiPPn  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

it includes ESO base game and Morrowind expansion. If you want all the addons, then you should go for ESO Gold edition. I'm not sure if they have updated that to include Morrowind tho

Thanks, I'll check into that or just go with the monthly sub.

RiPPn.png

#1044 Justenvv  

Justenvv

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

How are we supposed to get the steam keys?

Should be on the same page you filled out for the veesion you wanted earlier this month. On the bottom of it.

#1045 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67131 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

https://blog.us.play...s4-ps3-ps-vita/

Rainbow Skies, the follow up to Rainbow Moon, is coming to PS4, PS3, and Vita on 6/26 with Cross Buy support.

#1046 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   663 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

Any active PSN cards/credit discounts at the moment?  Looking for a discount to combine with yesterday's 20% off coupon.

Even if it's only 5% or 10% off face value I'd be interested...

GMG currently has 8% off Playstation stuff with the promo code: PS8
https://www.greenman...m/consoles/ps4/

edit: It says on titles, but I remember an earlier post saying it works on other PS things.

8% off Playstation items at Green Man Gaming with the voucher code PS8. Can be used on games, credit and PS+ memberships.

#1047 sp0rklez  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

I really, really want God of War, but it goes against my CAG nature to buy it at full price even with a 20% off discount, but I highly doubt it will go on sale any time soon. So the (probably stupid) question I'm posing to my CAG fam is this: worth it?

#1048 kemosahbe  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

I really, really want God of War, but it goes against my CAG nature to buy it at full price even with a 20% off discount, but I highly doubt it will go on sale any time soon. So the (probably stupid) question I'm posing to my CAG fam is this: worth it?

First game I've bought at launch (w/ GCU) this console generation. Absolutely worth it in my opinion, the game is incredible. Every little detail is polished beyond belief.

#1049 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

A solid YES.
Spoiler

#1050 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

Should be on the same page you filled out for the veesion you wanted earlier this month. On the bottom of it.

Yeah you have to click on some 'survey' page on your thing. Its not where I expected it to be, but this is the first game I've ever backed so I don't have experience with this.

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA