* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/25: PS+ Specials! $3.89 Rogue Aces, $18 Borderlands GOTY, $12 Battle Chef Brigade, $7.49 PJ Monsters 2, & More!

#10351 ticklemyfeet96  

ticklemyfeet96

Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Soccer in America is super niche, PES is big because of the rest of the world. That said I'm glad some in this thread are finding value in the offering.

Maybe a decade ago. It's rapidly gaining in popularity, especially amongst younger people.

#10352 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68789 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 PM

#10353 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9330 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Is SolSeraph inspired by Actraiser? If so I'm very interested. It looks interesting nonetheless.

#10354 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2260 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Maybe a decade ago. It's rapidly gaining in popularity, especially amongst younger people.

We're a soccer family and it has definitely blown up in the last 5 years. I love that people are starting to like soccer.

#10355 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3052 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:50 PM

July's free games are a fucking facepalm

Sony needs to step up and offer more than 2 per month for free.  They need to throw in a Sony first party title too once in a while, IE Gran fucking Turismo lol 

#10356 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9330 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

The games look OK enough. Last months were very decent. Sony is saying this is pretty much extra now compared to how much we got from PS+ before. It would be smart for them to offer older first part titles as they're already selling cheap anyway, but i'm not the right audience for those since I own them already. I think a big title + a more niche title every month is good enough. 

#10357 RiPPn  

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

July's free games are a fucking facepalm

Sony needs to step up and offer more than 2 per month for free.  They need to throw in a Sony first party title too once in a while, IE Gran fucking Turismo lol 

If you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you get something ridiculous like 8 new games a month.  It's quite insane the value proposition disparity between the 2 companies at the moment. 

#10358 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2260 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted Yesterday, 05:18 PM

If you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you get something ridiculous like 8 new games a month. It's quite insane the value proposition disparity between the 2 companies at the moment.

We'll one is winning and the other is trying to make up ground. That's why competition is awesome. I have both consoles and it's great. Always something to play.

#10359 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

PES is alright as a pick.
Horizon Turbo is the bigger disappointment for me, particularly as I already have access to Forza Horizon 4, Wipeout Omega Collection, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and CTR: NF.
Meh.
I don't get why Sony is suddenly so shy about picking older first-party titles.
TLOU Remastered or Uncharted Trilogy or even the Wipeout Collection (if you're determined to pick a racing game) would make people happy.

Disagree. People will always find something to bitch about. If we see Last of Us or Uncharted trilogy for free people will just say 'they're ages old and can already be had for 5 bucks! People will expect stuff like Days Gone to be free when it's been out a month.

#10360 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1662 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

PES is alright as a pick.
Horizon Turbo is the bigger disappointment for me, particularly as I already have access to Forza Horizon 4, Wipeout Omega Collection, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and CTR: NF.
Meh.
I don't get why Sony is suddenly so shy about picking older first-party titles.
TLOU Remastered or Uncharted Trilogy or even the Wipeout Collection (if you're determined to pick a racing game) would make people happy.

it wouldn't make me happy, I would think most Playstation fans bought those games years ago

#10361 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3502 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:50 PM

We'll one is winning and the other is trying to make up ground. That's why competition is awesome. I have both consoles and it's great. Always something to play.

I sure hope that Microsoft gets some fruit for their labor.  I'm not a fanboy of any company, but Sony is just phoning it in compared to them and doesn't even care (at least that's the perception).  Sony deserves to be brought down a peg or two in comparison.  It continues to amaze me how shortsighted and forward thinking both companies have been at different times over the past several years.

#10362 wynams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 PM

April was great (Conan and Surge)

May was good (Edith Finch and Overcooked)

June was terrific (Borderlands and Sonic Mania)

can't win em all 

#10363 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3398 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:32 PM

Horizon Chase Turbo is an excellent choice and I am exited to play it for free.

It is the first Plus title in a long while that I am actually excited to play.

#10364 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Just PS2 era Sony all over again as history repeats itself. MS will win next console war and the cycle continues.

#10365 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1662 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 PM

can't win em all 

i prefer this month

#10366 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 PM

Just PS2 era Sony all over again as history repeats itself. MS will win next console war and the cycle continues.

LOL

#10367 Omni99  

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 PM

I'm glad that xbox people love gamepass. The $1 deal is the happiest I've seen xbox fans in a long time. Competition is great. But what they need (and what they still lack) are the must play titles that you can only get on xbox. Gears, Halo, and Forza have taken them as far as they can go.

#10368 RiPPn  

Posted Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Considering Microsoft didn't even win the 360 era, came in well behind the Wii and narrowly lost to the PS3, I wouldn't put money on it.  However I do think it's going to be a lot tighter if Sony doesn't start making some changes.  And they have already stated they are going to start pushing PS Now, so I expect them to start matching Microsoft's game pass there.  What is puzzling though is they are offering half the amount of games compared to gold and they are gimping rewards.  This is just bizarre when you are about to simultaneously launch consoles with your competition and every bullet point matters especially when it comes to value.

I'm glad that xbox people love gamepass. The $1 deal is the happiest I've seen xbox fans in a long time. Competition is great. But what they need (and what they still lack) are the must play titles that you can only get on xbox. Gears, Halo, and Forza have taken them as far as they can go.

I'm not an Xbox fan (or wasn't until a couple weeks ago) and have been pretty anti Microsoft since they made the 360 a casual console and even further when they went anti consumer with the Xbox One launch.  That being said, Microsoft really feels like they are in the position Sony was in near the middle of the PS3 generation.  The $1 deal for 3 years of game pass ultimate even kind of parallels the cheap Target deal that got many CAGs years of Plus on the cheap back in those days.  And you'd be surprised how many exclusives are on game pass alone.  Sure they aren't God of War or Spider-man, but games like Void Bastards and Forza Horizon are pretty stellar in their own right.  And I still have to try Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, etc.  People are sleeping on Microsoft, especially Sony, and I think it's going to bite them in the ass.

#10369 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4058 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

RiPPn, you bastard, you have too much free time today.

#10370 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3502 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 PM

can't win em all 

It's not just about PS Plus versus GWG.  It's about this and other services and features that Microsoft is willing to offer/allow that Sony does not address or barely addresses such as Game Pass, Backwards Compatibility, etc.  It's a general push towards greater value that Microsoft is making and essentially forcing Sony into that we should all be thankful for.  If it wasn't for Microsoft, I feel pretty confident PS5 would not have backwards compatibility.  Competition is great.

#10371 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2260 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 PM

It's not just about PS Plus versus GWG. It's about this and other services and features that Microsoft is willing to offer/allow that Sony does not address or barely addresses such as Game Pass, Backwards Compatibility, etc. It's a general push towards greater value that Microsoft is making and essentially forcing Sony into that we should all be thankful for. If it wasn't for Microsoft, I feel pretty confident PS5 would not have backwards compatibility. Competition is great.

This guy gets it.

#10372 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Considering Microsoft didn't even win the 360 era, came in well behind the Wii and narrowly lost to the PS3, I wouldn't put money on it.  However I do think it's going to be a lot tighter if Sony doesn't start making some changes.  And they have already stated they are going to start pushing PS Now, so I expect them to start matching Microsoft's game pass there.  What is puzzling though is they are offering half the amount of games compared to gold and they are gimping rewards.  This is just bizarre when you are about to simultaneously launch consoles with your competition and every bullet point matters especially when it comes to value.

Not even considering the Wii since that was a screwball, where most of the sales were sales for novelty; targeting a casual crowd who bought, used it for a few months and forgot about it.  PS3 sales were higher, but you have to consider that it was on the market longer and picked up towards the latter half of its lifecycle.  I have always preferred PS>XB, owning only one ms console; but I'm not blind to the fact that Sony screwed up with the PS3, while the 360 was more of a success overall with better games during that period.

What I meant by my original statement is that Sony is going the way of making bad decisions again because they are the market leaders for the PS4 era, same as when they were the leader with the PS2.  MS has been making the right moves moving into the next gen, that's why they'll win the next console war.  

#10373 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

https://blog.us.play...games-for-july/

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Horizon Chase Turbo.

What a bunch of horse diarrhea. I feel like the only use I'm getting out of PS+ these days is uploading my saves every once in awhile. I haven't bought shit worth of games this year and I think the last Plus game I played was Roundabout (back whenever that was offered). All I want is a fucking 20% off code, for fuck's sake.

#10374 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3052 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

What a bunch of horse diarrhea. I feel like the only use I'm getting out of PS+ these days is uploading my saves every once in awhile. I haven't bought shit worth of games this year and I think the last Plus game I played was Roundabout (back whenever that was offered). All I want is a fucking 20% off code, for fuck's sake.

Didn't you get like 3 20% off codes lol?

#10375 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Didn't you get like 3 20% off codes lol?

Nope, just the one. After 6/30, it seems they all go extinct.

#10376 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1736 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:30 AM

The only thing I can tell in this thread is the high number of people who’ve never played PES. It is a great game even if you don’t like sports titles.

#10377 PsychoNinja1994  

PsychoNinja1994

Posted Today, 03:31 AM

Well I'm excited to finally try a soccer game that's not Fifa (which I haven't played due to the massive "surprise mechanics" issue) as for the racing game I have no interest in.

#10378 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:47 AM

Well I'm excited to finally try a soccer game that's not Fifa (which I haven't played due to the massive "surprise mechanics" issue) as for the racing game I have no interest in.

Same. I’m a huge soccer fan. I watch a lot of MLS (Galaxy, LAFC) , La Liga (FCB) and Premier League (Tottenham) games ever since i discovered the Reddit live streaming page. PES will be my first soccer game.