* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#6271 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:09 AM

Oh, wow. I hadn't been following any updates for the game. Typhon Hunter coming out today caught me by surprise. I'll check it out tomorrow. I bought Mooncrash during the Black Friday sale. The Mooncrash dlc has one more update coming later, and it will also have VR.

Of course I didn't buy the digital deluxe edition when it was on sale for BF and of course it's not on sale now. It never fails.

---

I wish I could have frozen myself in carbonite at the beginning of the year and defrosted myself today. Then there would be great prices for everything I already wasted so much money on.

Spoiler

#6272 FinderKeeper   Eternal n00b CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

Did the Destroy All Humans games turn out well in the remaster/trophy-fication? Wouldn't mind picking them both up at that price.  :-k

#6273 dfo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

Any thoughts on Horizon Chase Turbo? I’m tempted given the genre and a rare 4x split screen vs. game on the PS4, but not sure at this price.

#6274 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:11 PM

They actually added PS3. That is surprising that they are about to drop service on PSN plus. May have to find some new games for my PS3.

I can still hold out on PS4 prices. Nothing I want to play right away that I can't wait for price drops. I already got my bloodborne and dark souls 3.

I want RDR2 but I am not paying $50-60 dollars. I will wait till its $10 bucks. Hell just yesterday I picked up 60 PS3 games. only one sports title and a limited edition wii all for $50. Less then a buck a game. All mainly generic shooters though.

Alice Madness returns for $4 dollars looks good. So does the castlevanias and the racing games.

#6275 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

So much on sale but maybe the only thing I'll get is Farpoint VR. 

I have a BB gift card that I got for a birthday (truly a gift that had so much thought and effort put in to it) that I can use to get something special (to retroactively make the gift well thought out).

BB sells the Aim controller separately and now I can get the game for it.

What else is good with the Aim controller? Maybe that's on sale too?

#6276 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

So much on sale but maybe the only thing I'll get is Farpoint VR. 

I have a BB gift card that I got for a birthday (truly a gift that had so much thought and effort put in to it) that I can use to get something special (to retroactively make the gift well thought out).

BB sells the Aim controller separately and now I can get the game for it.

What else is good with the Aim controller? Maybe that's on sale too?

You sound not very appreciative of something someone gave you as a gift. I mean If your 15 then that's appropriate, not if your 30.

That's probably why is wasn't more personal. You'd find something to complain anyway. Rather then the gesture that someone did something nice for you. If you were my family/friends etc. you'd get nothing with that attitude.

#6277 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

You sound not very appreciative of something someone gave you as a gift. I mean If your 15 then that's appropriate, not if your 30.

That's probably why is wasn't more personal. You'd find something to complain anyway. Rather then the gesture that someone did something nice for you. If you were my family/friends etc. you'd get nothing with that attitude.

Thanks for the judging.  I won't bother the internet with the details of how the relationship works.  

Suffice to say, I think I'm looking forward to getting the Aim controller.

#6278 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the judging.  I won't bother the internet with the details of how the relationship works.  

Suffice to say, I think I'm looking forward to getting the Aim controller.

All I am saying is be happy someone thought to do something nice for you. Most of my birthdays I don't get anything from anyone. Maybe happy birthday wishes.

#6279 ritchardf  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

All I am saying is be happy someone thought to do something nice for you. Most of my birthdays I don't get anything from anyone. Maybe happy birthday wishes.

cant imagine why people wouldnt flock to you to shower you with gifts on your special day.

#6280 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1812 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:53 PM

cant imagine why people wouldnt flock to you to shower you with gifts on your special day.

Is it possible that we could all maybe not be dicks to each other, at least during the holiday season?

#6281 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8269 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Greetings from the XBL thread. Just got a PS4 with the Spider-Man bundle after holding out for a long time, so this sale is great timing. 

Also be aware you have a 20% coupon in your PS4 bundle.  Good for whatever fits in your cart game wise.

#6282 ritchardf  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:07 PM

Is it possible that we could all maybe not be dicks to each other, at least during the holiday season?

this guy shit posts all day long and you post this shit to me? get lost and have a merry christmas.

#6283 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

this guy shit posts all day long and you post this shit to me? get lost and have a merry christmas.

I'm with you 99% of his posts are trash but his original response post was spot on.

#6284 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

If you are dick all year long and suddenly stop because of "this time of the year", I'd be really suspicious - may be you are just being a different kinda dick. Just saying...

Be true to yourself and continue being a D! :-P

#6285 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

I wish people got me gift cards for holidays instead I get stuff I'll never use and it gets donated to Goodwill the next day. I tell family not to get me anything and just donate the money to charity but they never listen and instead get me Batman related stuff every Christmas because I would wear Batman shirts like 15 years ago and so that's the only thing they can think of to get me. Last year I got a Batman crock pot and a Batman hoodie that got donated.

#6286 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

How is Arizona Sunshine with the Aim Controller?  It's on sale this week for $12.

Doom can use it too, right?  I hear Doom VR is supposed to be really good but it's not on sale.

#6287 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Did the Destroy All Humans games turn out well in the remaster/trophy-fication? Wouldn't mind picking them both up at that price.  :-k

If you liked them on PS2, you'll probably like them here.  They look and play pretty much the same, with a slightly higher framerate, as far as i can tell.  If you're in it for the trophies, i'm pretty sure you can play the game with cheats enabled and still earn trophies.

#6288 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2143 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the list. Some weird stuff in there where it’s lowest prices ever and some doesn’t make sense prices like ass creed black flag for $20+. I think I’m just biting on shadow of war definitive.

#6289 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2044 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

At least he didn't turn around and brag about flipping it out of spite.

#6290 mcthatch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the list. Some weird stuff in there where it’s lowest prices ever and some doesn’t make sense prices like ass creed black flag for $20+. I think I’m just biting on shadow of war definitive.

I really wish the DLC was on sale for Shadow of War. As is, I have the game but don't want to purchase DLC at full price. 

#6291 triplemint  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

Should I get Pyre for PS4 or PC? I don't love the idea of reading tons of text on PS4

#6292 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

Should I get Pyre for PS4 or PC? I don't love the idea of reading tons of text on PS4

Have you never played an RPG on a console? It has way less text than the majority of those.

#6293 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:44 PM

I really wish the DLC was on sale for Shadow of War. As is, I have the game but don't want to purchase DLC at full price. 

I think I have a code for the season pass lying around somewhere since the game is still in my backlog and might expire soon.  PM for deets if you're interested.

#6294 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:53 PM

Every time the Witcher 3 complete edition goes on sale I talk myself out of it. Every time!

I’m sure it’s awesome and a game I would enjoy but am I ever really going to be able to finish it?

Always tempts me...

#6295 elessar123  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Every time the Witcher 3 complete edition goes on sale I talk myself out of it. Every time!

I’m sure it’s awesome and a game I would enjoy but am I ever really going to be able to finish it?

Always tempts me...

Does it matter if you don't actually finish it?

Also, there's a couple of packs that are the same price as one of the contents. Like Lego Marvel bundle. And I think Witcher vanilla and Witcher Complete. Why does Sony do this?

#6296 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:29 PM

Does it matter if you don't actually *start* it?

This is my problem, i want to buy it... but goes into backlog.

#6297 elessar123  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

If you're not going to even start it, then don't bother. If you're not going to finish it, then eh.

#6298 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

If you're not going to even start it, then don't bother. If you're not going to finish it, then eh.

Both of these are questions I have about my own time to put into it.

#6299 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

I wonder what the odds are of Full Throttle being announced for the Switch the moment I buy it on PSN?

#6300 triplemint  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

Have you never played an RPG on a console? It has way less text than the majority of those.

I tend not to if I can help it (unless they're voiced) specifically because of the text problem...Last one I did was Ni no Kuni 2 and that was excruciating.