* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#7381 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

110 hours played last year. 51 hours with Spider-Man.

Woot woot

That is easy to see.  Only game where I actively avoided the fast travel system.  Traversal is such a joy once you get the hang of it.  I spent so much time just swinging around to see the sights.

I spent 61 in Spider-man, 62 hours in Horizon and 359 hours in Nioh  :shock:

#7382 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1729 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

It says I played 1,748 hours of gaming last year, but that does not sound right. I wonder if they count all the hours of me watching Netflix or Hulu on PS4 as part of those 1,748 hours.

I’m sure it’s just console on and logged in. Otherwise I spent 45 days of 365 gaming and I don’t get to play that much.

#7383 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3196 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

That is easy to see. Only game where I actively avoided the fast travel system. Traversal is such a joy once you get the hang of it. I spent so much time just swinging around to see the sights.

If it's half as fun as Gravity Rush is in that regard, I'm gonna get hooked on this game.

#7384 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

If it's half as fun as Gravity Rush is in that regard, I'm gonna get hooked on this game.

It beats the snot out of Gravity Rush transversal, particularly since Gravity Rush had some camera issues which Spider-man does so well.  It's an evolution of Spider-man 2, they even showed the game to the guy that come up with that in Spider-man 2 and he made several comments on how they did a lot of stuff he wished he could have done.

The only real problem you have is learning how to do transversal when you aren't around tall buildings (like in Central Park), it changes how you do things since you cannot do big sweeping swings and it still works.

#7385 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3694 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

I'm playing Fate Extella The Umbral Star and I feel naughty a lot..

#7386 bballplaya210   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

bballplaya210

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

It definitely counts other things because it says I had 1,078 hours total and only 17 games played. If I add the 381 hours from my top 3 games and assume the remaining 14 games were all as many hours as my third most played game, I only get to 899. My guess is the PSVue at least counts toward the total.

#7387 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3196 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Let me ask you guys: I've heard that Blurays are generally tougher and harder to damage than DVD's. Do you think it would be safe to store PS4 games in one of those tall spindles? I've been looking for a way to store all my games, and that seems like it would save the most space, but if they could get scratched up then I won't do it.

#7388 RiPPn  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Let me ask you guys: I've heard that Blurays are generally tougher and harder to damage than DVD's. Do you think it would be safe to store PS4 games in one of those tall spindles? I've been looking for a way to store all my games, and that seems like it would save the most space, but if they could get scratched up then I won't do it.

It's probably fine, but I wouldn't do it.  Any time you have the surface touching something it has the potential to scratch.  Some dust gets in between and that could be enough.  And while bluray does have a scratch resistant coating, it does still scratch.

#7389 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

Get a disc wallet.

#7390 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14373 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:32 PM

The whole weekend really turned me off to the game TBH. With all the issues and knowing that nothing will carry over to live, I just played other games. I did finally get in and play through one mission, but the other players clearly already knew what to do and just left me in the dust while I figured things out (I spent half the time trying to figure out how to swap weapons because despite the tips that pop up, I never saw any guide in all the tutorial help on controls). I don't like that missions/raids are forced 4-player co-op when at best there might be three of us playing together, with one rando -- sounds like AIDS.

There really hasn't been a whole lot positive being said about the game, beyond the weekend bathroom disaster, and yet somehow I'm intrigued to see how the game pans out. Perhaps I just want a front-row seat to the potential death of Bioware. . .

#7391 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5600 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Anthem, hasn't appealed to me for a while now... I liked the unveiling at E3 and I'm always intrested in loot based games... but when Bioware released that 15 minute demo of one of the missions I was bored to tears and looked a number of times to see how much time was left in the video. And story was nonexistent so I'm not sure what Bioware was trying to accomplish...

Anyhow, I finished UC4. Amazing, anyone who hasn't played the series and owned a PS4....? You owe it to yourself. I'm about half way through Lost Legacy now but my ranks from best to "worst" would be UC2, UC4, UC1, UC3.

That said. Do play them in order.

#7392 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Please be Bombastic Bagman suit.

Check out @PlayStation’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/...3834478592?s=09

Looks like we are both right. Insomniac did a great job of pleasing the masses.
  • AoA likes this

#7393 elessar123  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

I've never stored them like that, but I've had Blu-rays sitting out with the label down, and cats stepping  on them etc. and have never scratched a single Blu-ray in my life. I've stored backups in spindles for a decade without issue either. Though I would say to use a binder also. Over the holidays, I copied the CD-Rs I burned as early as 2000 to my NAS, stored in the same binder over all that time, and I think only 1 one of them had disc rot.

tl;dr: probably fine, but use a binder

#7394 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

The whole weekend really turned me off to the game TBH. With all the issues and knowing that nothing will carry over to live, I just played other games. I did finally get in and play through one mission, but the other players clearly already knew what to do and just left me in the dust while I figured things out (I spent half the time trying to figure out how to swap weapons because despite the tips that pop up, I never saw any guide in all the tutorial help on controls). I don't like that missions/raids are forced 4-player co-op when at best there might be three of us playing together, with one rando -- sounds like AIDS.

There really hasn't been a whole lot positive being said about the game, beyond the weekend bathroom disaster, and yet somehow I'm intrigued to see how the game pans out. Perhaps I just want a front-row seat to the potential death of Bioware. . .

I'm right there with ya. I was just astounded with how TERRIBLE the frame rate was in the hub area. It was inconceivably bad. Like I don't know how it was possible. The missions had a decent frame rate and looked smooth, but man, that hub area was just atrocious. Oh, and the map? What the actual Fuck. No custom markers, and you can't see your squad on the compass. Just what in the world was Bioware thinking?

I will not be getting this game until it hits $20-$25. I'd rather go for The Division 2 over Anthem at this point.

#7395 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

I finally realized I had access to the demo with ea access and played a few hours yesterday.

It has promise, but I’ll wait. I’ll play again this weekend when everyone can play and see what they changed/fixed. At least on x1x I had no frame rate issues anywhere (if there was, maybe they addressed it before I played.. but I did hear the ps4 version was horrible)
My big complaint was that the objectives were not exactly obvious at times. And I died trying to figure out the controls/map/etc and hit the respawn instead of wait cause everyone else was off doing who knows what.
When I loaded back up.... in some sewer with ZERO indication of where to go or anything, no clear exit nothing. Only got out after 2 others respawned there also, and I followed them around lost like they were until we hit an invisible zone to load to a new area...

Load times were horrible, got kicked out twice.
Only did a few missions but the last one.. there were only 3 of us left and we had zero clue what to do. I ended up loading up a 90 second YouTube video of how to do it, but as soon as I was done, the other two figured it out.

I’ll keep an eye on the game but pretty sure this will be a pass for now. Like I said it has promise, but it has a ways to go.

#7396 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

Check out @PlayStation’s Tweet:

Looks like we are both right. Insomniac did a great job of pleasing the masses.

That they did.  They really seem to put in the extra effort for the fans.

#7397 triplemint  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

It says I played 1,748 hours of gaming last year, but that does not sound right. I wonder if they count all the hours of me watching Netflix or Hulu on PS4 as part of those 1,748 hours.

i feel like that has to be it, no way i got 1300 hours when i make sure to keep my ps4 in sleep mode when not using it

#7398 Omni99  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

That is easy to see.  Only game where I actively avoided the fast travel system.  Traversal is such a joy once you get the hang of it.  I spent so much time just swinging around to see the sights.

I spent 61 in Spider-man, 62 hours in Horizon and 359 hours in Nioh  :shock:

It also helps that the map in Spider man wasn't some overly huge abomination like in some other games where they want to brag "It will take you 5 hours just to walk across it!". They kept it nice and compact. I love that in games.

Get your tomatoes ready. My top game was Star Wars : Battlefront 2 with 184 hours. Next up was Persona 5 with 160 and then Red Dead 2 with 82. 1051 hours gaming...but it says only 1 hour in VR, which is way wrong.

#7399 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14373 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

I'm right there with ya. I was just astounded with how TERRIBLE the frame rate was in the hub area. It was inconceivably bad. Like I don't know how it was possible. The missions had a decent frame rate and looked smooth, but man, that hub area was just atrocious. Oh, and the map? What the actual Fuck. No custom markers, and you can't see your squad on the compass. Just what in the world was Bioware thinking?

I will not be getting this game until it hits $20-$25. I'd rather go for The Division 2 over Anthem at this point.

Lol framerate be damned; how about the WALK TO EVERY-FUCKING-THING hub? I can't imagine the reasoning there other than we needed time to buffer area load times. Trust me Bioware, the hub ain't that pretty; just let us sprint GDI.

#7400 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2350 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

I'm right there with ya. I was just astounded with how TERRIBLE the frame rate was in the hub area. It was inconceivably bad. Like I don't know how it was possible. The missions had a decent frame rate and looked smooth, but man, that hub area was just atrocious. Oh, and the map? What the actual Fuck. No custom markers, and you can't see your squad on the compass. Just what in the world was Bioware thinking?

I’ve waiting for this game since day one and damn was I disappointed. I’m definitely gonna wait for a year to get this. Should be good by that point. I’ll play Division 2 and The new Metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7401 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:45 AM

It also helps that the map in Spider man wasn't some overly huge abomination like in some other games where they want to brag "It will take you 5 hours just to walk across it!". They kept it nice and compact. I love that in games.
Get your tomatoes ready. My top game was Star Wars : Battlefront 2 with 184 hours. Next up was Persona 5 with 160 and then Red Dead 2 with 82. 1051 hours gaming...but it says only 1 hour in VR, which is way wrong.

I had 181 in battlefront 2..long ass plat haha. My second place was AC Origins with 91 hours.

#7402 element676   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

element676

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:08 AM

i feel like that has to be it, no way i got 1300 hours when i make sure to keep my ps4 in sleep mode when not using it

Well, In that case you can knock off about 1,200 hours of my supposed 1,748 hours of game time.

I primarily use my PS4 to watch Netflix.

#7403 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:16 AM

I’ve waiting for this game since day one and damn was I disappointed. I’m definitely gonna wait for a year to get this. Should be good by that point. I’ll play Division 2 and The new Metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was disappointed by the servers but the underlying gameplay worked. So I want to believe with some server work this will be a solid game. That said... this was a very poor impression to leave on a community as volatile as the gaming one. This game will do very poorly and that's a shame.

#7404 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4674 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

I bought spiderman but only played it with my son, figured it was a good game for that. So I'm still early in, but the first time I traversed the city we were both literally whooting in glee.

They nailed it.

#7405 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1790 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:08 AM

Looks like Kingdom Hearts all-in one bundle is available for purchase (not preorder) now. Can use 20% off coupon.

#7406 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Looks like Kingdom Hearts all-in one bundle is available for purchase (not preorder) now. Can use 20% off coupon.

What's this 20% off coupon from?

#7407 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37128 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

What's this 20% off coupon from?

The Spider-Man or Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle, most likely.

#7408 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

It's out finally:

https://store.playst...HKMSIEAFULLPS40

#7409 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69012 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

PS+ Specials sale incoming with a bunch of PSVR games like Astro Bot Rescue Mission and others:

https://store.playst...SPLUSSPECIALS/1

#7410 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

PS+ Specials sale incoming with a bunch of PSVR games like Astro Bot Rescue Mission and others:

https://store.playst...SPLUSSPECIALS/1

Fingers crossed for Rez, Tetris Effect, and Beat Saber.

EDIT: Ballz.