* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#1231 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:14 AM

Ok...

Whiskey/Bourbon time, put your drinking hats on to get my 20% code.  :beer:

(First letter of company names)

1. Old No "X" Tennessee whiskey

2. Pappy Van Winkle is distilled at this Frankfurt Distillery

3. Thirteen large distilleries owned by eight companies produce over 99% of the whiskey made in this state.

4. Heaven Hill's Distillery, Hometown. 

5+6. Duke Kentucky Straight Bourbon is "XX" Proof

7. This distillery is celebrating it's 130th year, and some damn fine bourbon.

8. Bourbon”X”. Condiment made with Bourbon 

9. Brand with a “Profile 46” Bourbon

10. # of brands Kentucky Bourbon Distillers owns.

Couple of these were a little rough to find something that would work lol.

(Lets see how long this takes)

#1232 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8281 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:11 AM

20% code I am not using.

JL6FPKD2CQ

#1233 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2424 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

No takers...so I'll just post the 20% code for anyone that needs it. 

4KJ6AERHG3

#1234 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:41 AM

Ha, just came here to say I had this problem. If you apply the code to the cart, you can add more if the total after discount is below the maximum spending limit (I think ~$175). I was able to get a couple of extra seasons in, but ended up with just 7 of the 8 seasons I was going for. Just hope another code pops up before the end of June.

Thanks, good to know. Unfortunately, I had already given up and made my purchase without any of the tables. I think the sticker shock of close to $200 kind of made me realize I would have spent $120 on tables that I likely will take forever to get to playing, if I even do.  I may regret it in time, and perhaps I will reconsider if another coupon pops up before my birthday (June 30 -- when the tables are gone.)

On the plus side, I got tired of waiting for Polybius to go on sale after over a year and picked it up as one of the items I used my coupon on, so it'll probably show up as 50% off during next week's sale.  Ya'll are welcome.

#1235 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:57 AM

"You've reached the maximum value for a single transaction. You can purchase the items already in your cart or replace them with others."

Well, it seems there is not just a maximum of 10 items you can hold in your cart, but also a maximum of how much money you can spend at once. I was curious to see how much it would cost me for the five seasons of Pinball Arcade I needed, plus a few other things I wanted. I got cut off at 7 items and a Subtotal of $187.93 (Total after PS+ discount: $172.93.) I have not tried to enter the 20% off code to see if they'll let me add more after, as I don't want to risk losing it if I don't check out.

Of course, maybe this is a cosmic way of telling me I'm being ridiculous thinking of spending $120 on pinball DLC.

If I had the cash id buy them all too. You won't lose the 20% off card as long as you keep one item in your car at all times. It may even stay with zero, but I'm not that brave to test it. I have, however, tested completely switching my car around left and right and it's never lost it.

I have the same problem with the Vita versus PS4. I want them on both. I'm also really sad for the future, say PS 6, if we don't have another way to play them

#1236 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

Does anyone feel like putting together their top 10 list of must have tables that are going away?

Medieval Madness is a must-have. Arguably the best table of all time, easy to learn but with tons of stuff to do.

Twilight Zone, Star Trek, T2, Addams Family are all solid off the top of my head. I'm really curious about Doctor Who and Judge Dredd.

Im budgeting maybe 20 or 30 bucks to pick up a handful of tables and I'm trying to ensure I don't miss any Essentials. It's bad enough I need to decide between Vita and PS4

On the plus side, I got tired of waiting for Polybius to go on sale after over a year and picked it up as one of the items I used my coupon on, so it'll probably show up as 50% off during next week's sale. Ya'll are welcome.

Thanks, but I wish you bought hand of Fate 2 as well.

#1237 dualrec  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

Ok...

Whiskey/Bourbon time, put your drinking hats on to get my 20% code. :beer:
(First letter of company names)

1. Old No "X" Tennessee whiskey
2. Pappy Van Winkle is distilled at this Frankfurt Distillery
3. Thirteen large distilleries owned by eight companies produce over 99% of the whiskey made in this state.
4. Heaven Hill's Distillery, Hometown.
5+6. Duke Kentucky Straight Bourbon is "XX" Proof
7. This distillery is celebrating it's 130th year, and some damn fine bourbon.
8. Bourbon”X”. Condiment made with Bourbon
9. Brand with a “Profile 46” Bourbon
10. # of brands Kentucky Bourbon Distillers owns.

Couple of these were a little rough to find something that would work lol.
(Lets see how long this takes)

I just want your top 3 bourbon recommendations. ;)

#1238 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:42 AM

I just want your top 3 bourbon recommendations. ;)

Four Roses Small Batch

Angels Envy

Evan Williams Single barrel.

Was able to taste their 23 + 12 year bourbons in Louisville...  :D/ I can't afford to drink that... but I want it!

I'd toss in Maker's Mark (original and 46) as well as Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

#1239 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:13 AM

Bought 2 seasons of Pinball Arcade...and the freaking game doesn’t know it. Try to download them from the store and it just kept timing out or said they were unavailable. Awesome

#1240 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

On the plus side, I got tired of waiting for Polybius to go on sale after over a year and picked it up as one of the items I used my coupon on, so it'll probably show up as 50% off during next week's sale. Ya'll are welcome.

How is it? I’ve considered using a coupon on it too.

You won't lose the 20% off card as long as you keep one item in your car at all times. It may even stay with zero, but I'm not that brave to test it. I have, however, tested completely switching my car around left and right and it's never lost it.

Holy shit, is that true? I never had the guts to try. That’s brilliant, although it’ll probably discourage people from sharing their codes in the future if you can just enter it in your cart and use it whenever there’s something you want. Thanks for the tip though, next time I won’t be so hasty making my purchases.

Also, you buy games with your Honda Accord? ;)

#1241 MondoFlash   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MondoFlash

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

20% Code

MJKCTDPC8Q

#1242 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:31 AM

last minute 20% code

Spoiler

#1243 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

Holy shit, is that true? I never had the guts to try. That’s brilliant, although it’ll probably discourage people from sharing their codes in the future if you can just enter it in your cart and use it whenever there’s something you want. Thanks for the tip though, next time I won’t be so hasty making my purchases.

Also, you buy games with your Honda Accord? ;)

To be clear, it's still expires. My point was more that you can let it sit there for days, delete games, add games, xcetera.

Regarding typos, I use voice to text so sometimes it gets garbled and I don't notice

#1244 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

Bought 2 seasons of Pinball Arcade...and the freaking game doesn’t know it. Try to download them from the store and it just kept timing out or said they were unavailable. Awesome

Something seems to be wrong with the download list right now, at least for me. I just bought a bunch of tables, Tesla, feral Fury, pixeljunk Monsters 2 yet my download list is empty. Not just for those games, but for everything. I'm sure it'll fix itself by tomorrow

#1245 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2480 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:52 AM

Fuggit.

4F2T56DC29

#1246 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

To be clear, it's still expires. My point was more that you can let it sit there for days, delete games, add games, xcetera.

Ah, gotcha. I always wondered if that would work though, if you entered it in your cart and kept the browser window open indefinitely. But I guess someone would have figured that out by now.

#1247 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1047 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

Here

CBD9Q4JJK6

#1248 Soilworker77  

Soilworker77

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:43 AM

Here you go guys, a bunch of 20% discount codes:

LTPT4P8D6C

2P6LE38NRQ

G8BKHAEHD7

PJFJPTCK3E

7HBCT4AG55

#1249 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

Here's mine:

FH69364G4L

#1250 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:06 AM

picked up Under birth in night + AO tennis for $67 after taxes. when did psn start charging tax??? :/

#1251 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

Last Call for the Lurkers

968LQML4J3

#1252 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

Here's my video on PixelJunk Monsters 2:

#1253 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

I just plat'd Detroit. My third playthrough was pretty short (about 6 hours), but man, what a fatalistic end. Still, a beautiful, fully realized experience.

I think I counted about 6 completely unique endings? I wonder how many people actually get to see all of them. I haven't 100%'ed all the flowcharts (luckily it's not required for any trophy), but there are still certain paths I'd like to see play out. There's a ton of videos to watch in the extras section, too.

I just noticed on PSPrices that Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier is on sale for $9.99 (cheapest it's ever gone). It's hard to recommend (more of an interactive movie than anything), but damn, certain aspects reminded me a lot of Detroit. Maybe because I played it fairly recently (along with Hidden Agenda).

Anyway, maybe a last-second addition for those of you who are still holding onto 20% off codes, if you're interested. It expires at 6:59am PST as I recall.

#1254 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3733 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

I just plat'd Detroit. My third playthrough was pretty short (about 6 hours), but man, what a fatalistic end. Still, a beautiful, fully realized experience.

I think I counted about 6 completely unique endings? I wonder how many people actually get to see all of them. I haven't 100%'ed the flowcharts (luckily it's not required), but there are still certain paths I'd like to see play out. There's a ton of videos to watch in the extras section, too.

I guess your last playthrough was

Spoiler
Fully completing the flowcharts would be insanely time consuming and tedious since there are so many little choices that have no impact on how the story plays out but you'd have to play through to the end of a chapter to get them to count. So glad it's not required for the Plat.

#1255 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

I guess your last playthrough was

Spoiler
Fully completing the flowcharts would be insanely time consuming and tedious since there are so many little choices that have no impact on how the story plays out but you'd have to play through to the end of a chapter to get them to count. So glad it's not required for the Plat.

Major Detroit spoilers within:

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Spoiler

#1256 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1384 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Last Call for the Lurkers

968LQML4J3

Thank you so much this pushed me over the edge to go ahead and get the genesis classics collection saving me $6. :)

• AoA likes this

#1257 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

20% codes end today or something?

#1258 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

today

#1259 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1384 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

I think so from what I've read on earlier posts. Heck of a deal for sure.

#1260 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to try it between purchasing it and going to bed last night, but I've been waiting to get it since it was release and reviews have been very favorable. I'll likely give it a try sometime after work tonight, but I know your coupon will have expired before then...