* * * * - 9 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/7: Quake Con & Totally Digital Sales! $7.49 N++, $9 PixelJunk Monsters 2, & More!

#3361 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5664 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

If it helps, you can save $5 on a $30 purchase of GameStop gift cards at Dollar General stores through 8/11. The GameStop cards can then be used to buy downloadable PSN codes on the GameStop website so you don't have to put up with the associates' annoying sales pitches in store. Just make sure to buy individual $30 cards to get the best deal. This was mentioned in the Family Dollar thread, but there isn't a lot of views in that thread. Original credit for posting this deal goes to CAG member numchuk nate. I always give props where they are due.

#3362 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2342 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Looks like a lot of ps3 games for whoever was interested in ps3 sales.

#3363 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5664 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:13 PM

Looks like a lot of ps3 games for whoever was interested in ps3 sales.

That would be me...and probably one other guy.

There are some decent deals if you aren't choosy. They even including Criminal Girls 2 and La-Mulana for Vita!

#3364 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

W-why? Just buy Madden 13 and print a new cover, you'll save like 50 bucks.

That's like telling a fighting game fan just to play Street Fighter 2 and print out a new cover for it.  I'm not a Madden player, but for people that love football it is nirvana to get a yearly update, and as I understand it they change more than the rest of us gamers think they do each year (more than just rosters).  There are people that buy consoles just to get the yearly Madden game and no other games.  My wife's co-worker's son is like that, football season is huge.

#3365 TYBG   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

Any opinions on Umbrella Corps? Heard it's horrible but it looks fun at the same time lol.

#3366 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Are any of the Assassin's Creed Chronicles games better than the others?  Are they worth playing if you haven't played an AC game?

#3367 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36572 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

Are any of the Assassin's Creed Chronicles games better than the others?  Are they worth playing if you haven't played an AC game?

I thought ACC: China was the best of the three, and no, you don't need to have played a prior AC game.

#3368 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:55 PM

I thought ACC: China was the best of the three, and no, you don't need to have played a prior AC game.

That works for me, added to the backlog!

#3369 RiPPn  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

I really liked all 3, they all have different mechanics that keep them different from each other.  That being said I think Russia was the weakest.  China and India are both about on the same level to me.  And while you don't have to to have played an AC game to enjoy these, there is something to seeing some of the abilities you use in the 3D space put into these 2.5D games.

#3370 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2420 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

That would be me...and probably one other guy.

There are some decent deals if you aren't choosy. They even including Criminal Girls 2 and La-Mulana for Vita!

I still have like 20 or 30 digital only PS3 games I'd like to go on sale but the sales are usually retail games or ones that have been ported to other systems.

#3371 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   509 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:37 PM

Any opinions on Umbrella Corps? Heard it's horrible but it looks fun at the same time lol.

Avoid at all costs!

#3372 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5664 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:43 PM

I still have like 20 or 30 digital only PS3 games I'd like to go on sale but the sales are usually retail games or ones that have been ported to other systems.

And it doesn't help that Codemasters' racing games for PS3 never go below $7.49 even when they're on sale. I hope they get a clue someday that they would probably sell more copies at $5 or less.

#3373 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Damn. Doom Eternal looks fantastic.

Also, I wish these flash sales weren't as insulting as they've been lately.

#3374 MonkeyBrainSync  

MonkeyBrainSync

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

Been playing Stardew Valley and thinking about getting Reus during Flash Sale this wknd. Anyone else play it/recommend it? Or perhaps an alternative if that not Reus? Thanks in advance! 

#3375 Lonely Boy  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

Are we having another flash sale? I just noticed a few games from my wishlist showing sale prices for this weekend

Two flash sales in two weeks? This is unprecedented! Sadly, nothing on my list. Just a whole lotta regret...

#3376 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5664 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:18 PM

Two flash sales in two weeks? This is unprecedented! Sadly, nothing on my list. Just a whole lotta regret...

Since most of the games offered are repeats, they could have this sale every week and it wouldn't make a difference either way.

#3377 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1442 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Playstation Plus 1 Year Membership $46.99

#3378 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

That's like telling a fighting game fan just to play Street Fighter 2 and print out a new cover for it. I'm not a Madden player, but for people that love football it is nirvana to get a yearly update, and as I understand it they change more than the rest of us gamers think they do each year (more than just rosters). There are people that buy consoles just to get the yearly Madden game and no other games. My wife's co-worker's son is like that, football season is huge.

In all honesty I've been achievement farming that game since 2006. 13 is seriously the last one to have any kind of have innovation, the last five have been jokes. Admittedly I'm not playing every game mode for months, but game play wise I've seen NOTHING that made me think I'd ever pay a non Gamefly rental price for it.

#3379 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67346 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:08 AM

Thread is live:

https://www.cheapass...1-am-et8-am-pt/

#3380 bg2001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:09 AM

https://store.playst...link menu:store

You are missing the FO4/Skyrim bundle for 39.99.

#3381 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:34 AM

Damn. Doom Eternal looks fantastic.

Also, I wish these flash sales weren't as insulting as they've been lately.

One way to make me love Doom even more is to add my favorite Nier: Automata pod program to it. The chain/wire.

I just hope they let us fully customize the controls. I used the PS4's button remapping to give the first Doom controls I liked, but then I had to remember how the buttons are switched even in the game menus. I'm going to want to put jump and the chain on the shoulder buttons.

After playing Nier: Automata I was thinking of giving Just Cause 3 a try because it has a grappling hook. It's in my PS+ library.

#3382 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:11 AM

Im new to Danganronpa games. any advice on which one to get?

#3383 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8728 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Im new to Danganronpa games. any advice on which one to get?

Get the 1st and 2nd to start. If you like them after beating them get 3 to finish the story and the other one if you want a side game between the 1st and 2nd I believe.

#3384 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4542 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:34 PM

Road Rage too broken to get $7.50 out of it?

I too would like to know this, but I can say the last time it was on sale I researched it and decided to wait for Road Redemption instead.

#3385 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3803 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:01 PM

I too would like to know this, but I can say the last time it was on sale I researched it and decided to wait for Road Redemption instead.

did the same thing last time. Looks rough.

#3386 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:47 PM

In all honesty I've been achievement farming that game since 2006. 13 is seriously the last one to have any kind of have innovation, the last five have been jokes. Admittedly I'm not playing every game mode for months, but game play wise I've seen NOTHING that made me think I'd ever pay a non Gamefly rental price for it.

It's the minor details that the fans appreciate.  As I understand the gameplay/movement of runners is a big change this year to be more realistic.  The graphics have pretty much peaked on the game, I don't see how it can really look much better - other than some of the animations not being perfectly smooth it looks pretty much like you see on television now.  Sound also peaked, the play by play is pretty natural and accurate.  Those are the things gamers see most, but the intricate movements matching the game are what matters to the fans - remember many of them aren't gamers first and foremost, they are diehard football fans (many of them buy a console just for that game).  They have a different perspective than we gamers do.

Also, one thing to remember that once a new version comes out, the online community for the previous one gets a lot more scarce.  Everyone is playing the new one.

And lastly, the cost of a new Madden is pretty damn low in comparison to a game ticket.  Our PSL season pass, upper deck corner 11th row tickets are $85 a seat for a regular season game this season.  Football diehards will pay that in a hot second for a three hour game.  A new copy of Madden for the year is $25 cheaper than one ticket for one game.  If you love NFL, that's a bargain.

#3387 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8729 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:10 AM

Since I got no answers in the Steam thread... has anyone here bought PSN store credit from Direct2Drive? Does anyone know if you can buy multiple $10 codes, or if it only sells a single code to you?

#3388 loganitsky  

loganitsky

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

Any thoughts on DOOM vs Wolfenstein Two-Pack for 14.99?

#3389 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Any thoughts on DOOM vs Wolfenstein Two-Pack for 14.99?

I have enjoyed both DOOM and Wolfenstein, but I would say DOOM hands down if i had to pick between those two.

#3390 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

Since I got no answers in the Steam thread... has anyone here bought PSN store credit from Direct2Drive? Does anyone know if you can buy multiple $10 codes, or if it only sells a single code to you?

Im pretty sure Direc2Drive was formerly Gamefly’s digital game storefront. Last I knew they were legit