* * * * - 9 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/7: Quake Con & Totally Digital Sales! $7.49 N++, $9 PixelJunk Monsters 2, & More!

#2851 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2854 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

After trading my PS4 copy to BB for the $12 and the $10 coupon, I decided to pick it up here and wanted to try gravel.

Madden NFL 18 Standard Edition-7.99

Gravel SE with season pass-27.99

#2852 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67346 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Some new deals:

Cross Buy

:ps4: :vita: Spacejacked - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/30

PS4

Laws of Machine - $3.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/14

PS4 Add-ons

MLB The Show 18 - Stubs 1000 - $0.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

MLB The Show 18 - Stubs 5000 - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

MLB The Show 18 - Stubs 11000 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

MLB The Show 18 - Stubs 24000 - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

MLB The Show 18 - Stubs 67500 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

MLB The Show 18 - Stubs 150000 - $49.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

Trove - Amperium Dragon Pack - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Botanical Blaster - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Double Dragon Pack - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Dynomighty Miner - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Eclipse Pack - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Mega Menagerie Pack - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Resistor Dragon Pack - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/1

Trove - Vanguardian Super Pack - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/1

Freebies:

Add-ons

:ps4: 3on3 FreeStyle - 2018 PlayStation Plus Bonus Pack July - Free

:ps4: Shaq-fu: A Legend Reborn - Barack Fu: The Adventures of Dirty Barry - Free - Disc version only

#2853 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67346 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

#2854 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Trying to make some last minute decisions on the current sale.  Any thoughts on any of the following titles would be greatly appreciated:

Y's Origin

Here They Lie

Statik

Wild Arms 3

Okage:  Shadow King

Mortal Blitz

Matterfall

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Super Stardust Ultra (regular and VR)

Sundered

Matterfall

Shadow Blade:  Reload

#2855 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

Haven't found the time to play Ys Origin yet, but I played the first three games in the series (on TurboDuo) and always found Ys to be highly enjoyable.

Here They Lie has an annoying movement in VR. You've got either click-turning or if you have regular turning, it puts black borders around your vision so it's like you're looking through a cardboard tube...

Played Okage: Shadow King on the PS2 and enjoyed it, though it helps to have a guide. The collectable "Tiny Gears" are invisible. Like, you literally cannot see them on a map. You just happen to walk over them and it says you picked it up. Otherwise, it's one I picked up as a PS2-on-PS4 and have been waiting for the time to play.

Super Stardust Ultra is a decent arcade-type game kind of like a superpowered Asteroids, except flying around the ozone layer of a planet rather than deep space.  Looks really nice on a 3D television and even nicer on PSVR (the regular mode, that is, the special VR-exclusive mode leaves a little to be desired.)

Have always heard good things about the Wild Arms series and Ethan Carter. I picked up both of those myself, but again, haven't had a chance to play.

#2856 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67346 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:32 AM

Trying to make some last minute decisions on the current sale.  Any thoughts on any of the following titles would be greatly appreciated:

Y's Origin

Here They Lie

Statik

Wild Arms 3

Mortal Blitz

Matterfall

Sundered

Matterfall

Seems like you want Matterfall since you listed it twice. ;)

Statik is a great PSVR puzzle game. Super Stardust Ultra is best in 2D. I liked Okage as an low-budget, early PS2 JRPG inspired by Earthbound, but it's not as good as that game.

#2857 Corto Maltese   He Who Asks Many Questions CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

So far, I bought 

ESO

InnerSpace

Sine Mora EX

Debating on Final Fantasy 9, Mirror's Edge Catalyst and/or maybe the Battlefield 1/Titanfall 2 bundle

#2858 Corto Maltese   He Who Asks Many Questions CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

Y's Origin

Here They Lie

Statik

Wild Arms 3

Mortal Blitz

Matterfall

Sundered

Matterfall

Wild Arms 3 is actually pretty damn good. I've also heard good things about Okage though it's combat still follows the same formula of RPGs 

#2859 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

Wild Arms 3 is actually pretty damn good. I've also heard good things about Okage though it's combat still follows the same formula of RPGs 

That's something I almost forgot.  Yeah, the way the battle plays out is standard turned-based RPG battles.  However, the way your character progresses is not.  There are anti-grinding measures to the battle.  The more you go up in levels, the less XP the enemies will give you, forcing you to advance the game to find enemies that will give you more XP.  Don't expect to find a nice spot to camp out in and just boost your levels; not going to happen.

#2860 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4542 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

Trying to make some last minute decisions on the current sale. Any thoughts on any of the following titles would be greatly appreciated:

Y's Origin
Here They Lie
Statik
Wild Arms 3
Okage: Shadow King
Mortal Blitz
Matterfall
Sundered
Matterfall
Shadow Blade: Reload

Superstardust is fantastic get that.

Matterfall was my least favorite housemarque game. Good, but just not my genre. Get resogun or alienation instead if u dont have them

#2861 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:50 AM

Any opinions on LEGO Jurassic? I'm thinking someone already recommended it a few pages back. So my apologies if it's already been well answered in the prior post. It's the only LEGO game that I'm genuinely interested in from this sale.

Edit: For anyone that bought Gravel there are 6 free DLC cars. https://store.playst...-ons&sort=price

#2862 kanekiken  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

Any opinions on LEGO Jurassic? I'm thinking someone already recommended it a few pages back. So my apologies if it's already been well answered in the prior post. It's the only LEGO game that I'm genuinely interested in from this sale.

Edit: For anyone that bought Gravel there are 6 free DLC cars. https://store.playst...-ons&sort=price

I love Lego games, but I got kind of bored playing Lego Jurassic. That being said, I only played the Jurassic World part and I've never even seen the older Jurassic movies, so I'm not really a huge fan (I know, I know, but I wasn't even born when the first one released). I'm guessing this game would be good for someone who's a fan of the movies and who has someone else to play with! I thought the coolest thing was being able to play as a dinosaur.

#2863 syndragore  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:02 AM

Need for Speed Payback worth the $20? Or should I wait for it to hit $10 or less like every NFS title seems to...

#2864 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:14 AM

I love Lego games, but I got kind of bored playing Lego Jurassic. That being said, I only played the Jurassic World part and I've never even seen the older Jurassic movies, so I'm not really a huge fan (I know, I know, but I wasn't even born when the first one released). I'm guessing this game would be good for someone who's a fan of the movies and who has someone else to play with! I thought the coolest thing was being able to play as a dinosaur.

Sounds like I might enjoy it since I'm a fan of the movies. The first was released when I was only 7 years old, I'm 32 now (I suddenly feel old). I remember going to see it at the dollar theater with family. I fell asleep during the early part of it for 15-20 minutes, lol. Stayed awake after that and loved it.

#2865 kanekiken  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:39 AM

Sounds like I might enjoy it since I'm a fan of the movies. The first was released when I was only 7 years old, I'm 32 now (I suddenly feel old). I remember going to see it at the dollar theater with family. I fell asleep during the early part of it for 15-20 minutes, lol. Stayed awake after that and loved it.

Yeah, I feel like a fan of the movies would enjoy it more. I don't find Lego games too entertaining if I'm playing by myself. I love playing them with my siblings, so even if they're kind of boring, they remain somewhat fun with another person. I'd say grab it, it's cheap! If not, you can always try the demo first to see if you like it.

#2866 Omni99  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:53 AM

I completely forgot with all the madness going on that I still have Ghost Recon Wildlands, Wipeout Omega, and Nioh in my cart awaiting my decision!

#2867 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:39 AM

Yeah, I feel like a fan of the movies would enjoy it more. I don't find Lego games too entertaining if I'm playing by myself. I love playing them with my siblings, so even if they're kind of boring, they remain somewhat fun with another person. I'd say grab it, it's cheap! If not, you can always try the demo first to see if you like it.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and pick it while it's cheap. No need to wait and then it's higher priced the next time it's on sale.

#2868 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:49 AM

I finally checked out my cart for this week and I don't feel good about the purchases I made. Usually I just make rash decisions on an impulse and forget about it, but I've been sitting on these for nearly 2 weeks and the regret had already sunk in well before I bought them. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. Nothing makes me happy. I just want time to play everything without real life getting in the way.

No. 2 rule of deals is if you’re not like “oh it’s finally on sale, purchase!” Then wait to get it another time. You probably don’t want it as much and won’t play it soon.

#2869 Lonely Boy  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

I mean, you can either work on it to improve it or waste your life away and die alone, full of regrets.

We all die alone in the end though, don't we? Regardless of what we do, it all ends the same.

I'm not lonely because I want to be, I'm lonely because I can't be anything else. I'm just trying to make the best of it.

Exactly. The idea of sitting around playing video games and goofing off all day sounds fun but the reality is that it gets old. Your body and mind will start rebelling against this lazy lifestyle.

Best thing you can do for yourself is get out and exercise, figure out a plan for your life and start accomplishing something. Like was said before, make small goals. A little at a time. Accomplishing goals makes you feel good in itself. Start simple like going out for an hour walk or something. Just doing that will help. Then you can feel better about wasting time on fun.

Edit: Time is our most precious resource. We have a very limited amount of life in us and while there’s nothing wrong with fun and enjoying yourself, when taken to excess and abused so that you aren’t accomplishing anything with your time or life, it becomes a huge problem.

Thanks for the thoughtful message. I don't want to dismiss anything you guys are saying because it all seems like sensible, logical advice, and I'll be the first to admit that my life is FUBAR. I'm just trying to keep it light here. As far as goals go, this year my goal was to burn through as much of my backlog as possible. I've never gamed as hard in my life as I have this year, so it's been an interesting experiment thus far. (Last year, I dedicated my time to something completely different and quit cold turkey at the end of the year.) For the most part this hedonistic lifestyle has been fun, but overwhelming based on how much good stuff I've missed over the years and the fact that I've barely made a dent in my list. If I take your guys' advice and give up gaming for extended periods, it'll just be that much more stressful when I jump back in because of how much catch-up I'll have to do. That's my OCD's justification anyway.

No. 2 rule of deals is if you’re not like “oh it’s finally on sale, purchase!” Then wait to get it another time. You probably don’t want it as much and won’t play it soon.

What's rule #1?

I went kind of crazy on this sale. I sorted my carts into 10 games I really wanted (regardless of price) and 10 games I kind of wanted ($2.99 and under). Now I'm contemplating a third cart with all the leftovers. The only thing that's stopping me is a lack of 20% off code (which would make this decision a lot easier), but I feel like I should buy as much as I want now before digital tax becomes a thing. The caveat, of course, is that these are all strictly backlog titles that I have no intention of playing anytime soon, and I tend to regret those later since sales are unpredictable and prices always drop. On the other hand, I did promise myself that once my PS+ sub lapses, I'm not going to renew it, so I want to take advantage of as much as possible while I have it. If this was the mid-year sale, I think the next comparable one will be at the end of year, so this might be my last big sale.

With all that being said, I do think I'm going to ease up on the spending from now on. I've been having some recent car troubles and intermittent health issues, so I might need to take a step back. Well...I'll wait until today's deals are posted first. :razz:

#2870 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:06 AM

What's rule #1?

6pLtbbh.jpg

#2871 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

6pLtbbh.jpg

A what?

#2872 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

Well, that was pretty awesome.

#2873 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

Nah, why would Sony want to make that?

They really need to put their focus on The Emoji Movie 2.

#2874 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

Just like almost every Uncharted fan has been saying since the original game came out, Nathan Fillion IS Nathan Drake.  

This fan film was awesome!

#2875 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Did something happen with Zero Escape? Went to claim my PS+ games and it's not free anymore.

#2876 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

Did something happen with Zero Escape? Went to claim my PS+ games and it's not free anymore.

Still shows free for me, maybe you’re looking at the PS4 version?

#2877 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36572 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

After waiting until the absolute last minute for a possible 20% code ( :cry:), I finally bought everything I was interested in:

AER: Memories of Old

Antiquia Lost

Deep Ones (both PS4 & Vita for separate trophy lists)

Full Throttle Remastered (watch it be part of next month's Plus lineup now)

Jet Set Radio (both PS4 & Vita for separate trophy lists)

The Longest 5 Minutes (a bit high at $19.99, but I'll accept it since it's digital-only with a $40 MSRP)

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

Metropolis: Lux Obscura (both PS4 & Vita for separate trophy lists)

Neurovoider (Vita)

Resident Evil 2 (PS1 Classic)

Save the Ninja Clan (Vita; already own the PS4 version)

Sine Mora EX

Way of the Passive Fist

Snake Pass ($7.99), Rogue Aces ($7.79), and The Mummy Demastered ($11.99) are on my Wish List, but I can wait for bigger discounts on those. I'm ready to ignore today's Activision/EA sale now. :razz:

#2878 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:42 PM

Settled on...

N.E.R.O.

Deep Ones

Red Faction 2

Decided against Outcast: Second Contact and The Technomancer since I can see them getting a better sale before I'd actually play them.

#2879 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

Final haul for me, picked up what I really want to play:

WipEout Omega Collection

DiRT Rally

Madden NFL 18

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

What Remains of Edith Finch

Blackwood Crossing

Burnout Paradise Remastered

Gravel and the 6 free DLC Cars

LEGO Jurassic World

I feel you pain Vigilante, I held out for 20% off as long as I could too. All in all for still a good amount of money saved on games for me during this sale.

#2880 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67346 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Not sure if there's still more to go up, but here's what I've got so far:

Here are the new deals for today:

Cross Buy

:ps4: :vita: 4 in 1 Bundle - $5.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/24

:ps4: :vita: Skylight Freerange - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

:ps4: :vita: Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

PS4

Blacksea Odyssey - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 7/24

Blade & Bones - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/24

Boundless - $35.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 9/7

Boundless Digital Deluxe Edition - $53.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 9/7

Fire Pro Wrestling World - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 8/28

Fire Pro Wrestling World Deluxe Edition - $80.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 8/28

Frisky Business - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/24

Frost - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 7/24

Hello Neighbor - $26.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 7/27

Middle-earth: Shadow of War - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19

Mitch: Berry Challenge - $1.99 - 50% Off - $1.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/24

Monster Slayers - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 7/24

Omega Strike - $8.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/24

Slime Rancher - $17.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 8/21

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/24

PSVR

Torn - $25.49 - 15% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/28

Vita

Fort Defense & Fort Defense North Menace - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/24

PS4 Add-ons

Fortnite - Deluxe Founder’s Pack - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/31

Fortnite - Limited Edition Founder’s Pack - $74.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/31

Fortnite - Standard Founder’s Pack - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/31

Fortnite - Super Deluxe Founder’s Pack - $44.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/31

Hitman - Summer Pack - Free - 100% Off - Ends 7/31

Here are the freebies:

Demos

:ps4: Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker Beta Test

:ps4: The Path of Motus - Free

Add-ons

:ps4: Knights of Valour - Energy Gift Pack - Free

:ps4: Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded - Flandre - Free

Some other notable releases:

:ps4: Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion - $39.99

:ps4: Chicken Assassin: Reloaded - $7.99

:ps4: Far Cry 5 - Lost on Mars - $9.99, Free for SP owners

:ps4: Gene Rain - $24.99

PSVR Hopalong: The Badlands - $24.99

:ps4: Hungry Shark World - $9.99

:ps4: :vita: Ice Cream Surfer - $7.99

:ps4: Let’s Sing 2018 - $39.99

:ps4: Mothergunship - $24.99

:ps4: Mugsters - $14.99

:ps4: The Path of Motus - $14.99

:ps4: Race Arcade - $9.99

:ps4: Sonic Mania - Encore DLC - $4.99

:ps4: :vita: Super Destronaut DX - $4.99

:ps4: Super Dungeon Tactics - $19.99

:ps4: Super Skull Smash Go! 2 Turbo - $9.99

:vita: Super Skull Smash Go! 2 Turbo - $9.99

:ps4: Tempest 4000 - $29.99

:ps4: Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded - $49.99

Didn't know Slime Rancher was coming to PS4, but it's a great farm/crafting/survival game.