Just curious, VUDU or Movies Anywhere?

impostor71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I've been a long time VUDU user with a few hundred movies in my online collection.  I've not yet used Movies Anywhere.  I was wondering if you guys have used both?  Should I dump VUDU and go to MA?  I have shared out my library back when it was shareable with my brother.  Would that continue to work under MA?

T

I've been a long time VUDU user with a few hundred movies in my online collection. I've not yet used Movies Anywhere. I was wondering if you guys have used both? Should I dump VUDU and go to MA? I have shared out my library back when it was shareable with my brother. Would that continue to work under MA?

T
I use both. A lot of times and movies anywhere when you try to redeem something it redirects you to Vudu. So I just redeem everything in Vudu. Everything you redeem inside Vudu automatically transfers to movie anywhere when your accounts are linked.

Vudu is better in almost every way, plus all your movies will be transferred from moviesanywhere. There are 154 movies in my vudu compared to 134 for moviesanywhere.

Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM are not eligible and will not migrate to your Movies Anywhere library.

I use primarily Vudu since I have family and friends added to share.  I don't mind MA for non-Vudu titles but it's always secondary to a Vudu version if available.

MA is really useful for sharing between all the different providers, and sometimes it has way more special features for a film than what's on Vudu. Those are the two big reasons I use it. I primarily watch through Vudu, and MA was great for adding a few Amazon movies to it. My wife also does those Google surveys that pay you, so I connected our MA account to her Google account, and we've bought a few movies on Google Play that have ported into Vudu.

Vudu atm is superior disc to digital gets you both uv/ma eligible movies. If you shared your account before Vudu discontinued it you can have you and family member have separate accounts. MA allows multiple accounts like Netflix but all share same login.

Connect all your services. If you have the old disc to digtial movies that are part of MA you can add them to your iTunes that's connected to MA and thus share it to your Vudu. This even works with the old disc to digital Disney titles which is sweet. Although Disney movies don't share across family members on Vudu but if you have family set up on Google you can still share it there out side of MA

The entire process to share your entire library is kinda convoluted but thanks to MA it has allowed sharing of even more then when it was dma

As much as I hate Apple I have been using that so I can get the 4k versions for free, and everything transfers as long as all accounts are linked.

Looks like I'll just stick to VUDU right now.  Doesn't seem like MA is going to give me anything that VUDU doesn't already do.  Thank you for the responses everyone!!

If you had shared your UV library via Vudu with friends/family, a lot of the new releases will still honor the UV sharing I've noticed, but only if you redeem directly on Vudu.  This is for studios that previously gave UV copies (Disney being excluded).  I've noticed the studios are directing redemptions to MA, but almost every code I've tried first on Vudu redeemed without issue and allow the UV sharing, and of course appear on my MA account since they are linked.  I redeemed a few codes directly on MA before finding this out and unfortunately those didn't share to my family's Vudu accounts.  What's sad is on my Vudu account it will display the UV and the MA symbols, but the UV only works if redeemed directly on Vudu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff that I redeem on Movies Anywhere pops up in my VUDU library.
Yes that's how it's ment to work the issue is it shares it exclusively as a MA purchase as I understand so older UV titles don't get UV treatment when sharing MA-> Vudu but will if sharing vudu-> MA . This is only really an issue for OG accounts that still have family sharing enabled/ available since UV shares to connected accounts but MA does not.

Has anyone tried to link their Google and/or iTunes to movies anywhere?
I wonder if I link my Google movies to MA if all the accessible movies are available on both accounts?
For example I have the Tim Burton Batman on Google and the Justice League on MA. Will they both show up on either others accounts like vudu did?

I wonder if I link my Google movies to MA if all the accessible movies are available on both accounts?
For example I have the Tim Burton Batman on Google and the Justice League on MA. Will they both show up on either others accounts like vudu did?
If they practpate in MA they should transfer.
Example I got elf free years ago on Google and it transfered to Vudu and iTunes. On iTunes I used OG D2D with tangled and it showed up on Google and vudu

Yes the movies I had on Google and iTunes from participating studios shared across all the accounts I linked to Movies Anywhere. A lot of the newer HD digital copies I had from UV were upgraded to UHD within iTunes too.

bread's done
Back