Dishonored 2 Limited Edition Best Buy Exclusive The Royal Protector Bundle (PS4/XBO) $19.99/$15.99 w/ GCU.

SmileyMcSmiles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Comes with base game, Imperial Assassin's Pack, Steelbook case, Corvo Keychain, Corroded Man novel, and a digital copy of Dishonored Definitive Edition.  Awesome price for this bundle!  Both are on clearance, so if you want it, grab it before they're gone.

PS4:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dishonored-2-limited-edition-best-buy-exclusive-the-royal-protector-bundle-playstation-4/5656016.p?skuId=5656016

XBO:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dishonored-2-limited-edition-best-buy-exclusive-the-royal-protector-bundle-xbox-one/5656014.p?skuId=5656014

This sounds great for me so I bought one! The only problem is that apparently the digital codes for Dishonored Definitive Edition are expired so you might be out of luck there.

Picked it up. I hope the digital code still works. I got the Xbox one edition. Does this edition have all the Dishonored 2 DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds great for me so I bought one! The only problem is that apparently the digital codes for Dishonored Definitive Edition are expired so you might be out of luck there.
XBO codes should work as MS is more lenient with this kind of thing (which is the version I got). PS4 may or may not work ATM, but it won't hurt writing to Bethesda or Sony. Quite a few people have had luck simply asking Bethesda.

Had to get the ps4 version. Anyone wanna straight trade for the PS4 version I have for an Xbox One version if you can get one?

PSN might be expired, XBL should work

XBO codes should work as MS is more lenient with this kind of thing (which is the version I got). PS4 may or may not work ATM, but it won't hurt writing to Bethesda or Sony. Quite a few people have had luck simply asking Bethesda.
Ooh nice! I was thinking of going with PS4 but I realized that I have Death of the Outsider on XBO so I decided to go with Xbox on this one! But that's great to hear that maybe the codes will still work!

Nah. Sold out where I'm at. Only the ps4 version is available. I don't mind playing it on ps4, just prefer the xbox one version so i can use my Elite controller 😜

Thanks for the heads up OP.  I bought an XB1 version to be shipped.  I would normally buy the ps4 version but want to avoid the expired voucher.

Also this has been thanklessly ripped over to SD so get your order in now cags.

Was thinking about buying this but it was only down to $32 earlier this week. Gotta jump on this fast at this price. Thanks, Smiley.

I tried the codes for Xbox and PS4 last week and they were both expired.

If somehow, someone does get an Xbox code that works though, I’d give $5 for it.

Really surprised at the apparent demand on the XB1 version. Wanted it for the X enhanced and threw it in my cart before putting the kid to bed but wanted to cash out some certificates to throw at it and to my chagrin it sold out. Settled for the PS4 version, doesn't sound like the Pro and X are that different on this one at least.

There have been several cases of the Dishonored code being long expired. I suggest avoiding this and buying both games separately.

Really surprised at the apparent demand on the XB1 version. Wanted it for the X enhanced and threw it in my cart before putting the kid to bed but wanted to cash out some certificates to throw at it and to my chagrin it sold out. Settled for the PS4 version, doesn't sound like the Pro and X are that different on this one at least.
PC version will be cheaper before you play it. And it will look and play better.

There have been several cases of the Dishonored code being long expired. I suggest avoiding this and buying both games separately.
If people are like me it's less about getting the first Dishonored and more about getting the steelbook for the same price as a vanilla copy of the game at the moment.

I have this on PS4 and can confirm the digital code for Dishonored is expired. I can also confirm that Bethesda support won't reactivate the code. Bethesda's prerogative, but this puts Bethesda in a different category than Sony, Sega, and Ubisoft, who have all gladly reactivated expired PSN codes for me.

I have this on PS4 and can confirm the digital code for Dishonored is expired. I can also confirm that Bethesda support won't reactivate the code. Bethesda's prerogative, but this puts Bethesda in a different category than Sony, Sega, and Ubisoft, who have all gladly reactivated expired PSN codes for me.
hmm post #6 here https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168516-dishonored-2/75508966 that says

However, I did email Bethesda around the same time and they gave me a new code 3 or 4 days after. I attached pictures of my Best Buy receipt.

Bethesda seems to be a hit or miss, though, because another poster recently bought the limited edition and was unaware that all codes expired on May 1st, and they didn't help him.
but that's regarding the Dishonored code inside the regular Dishonored 2 LE version...but pretty much same thing tho...i haven't found a more recent posting about this, that was dated 9 months ago btw.

nvm 8 months ago this was posted https://www.reddit.com/r/dishonored/comments/6tcbf7/caution_dishonored_2_limited_edition_may_come/dlkqkfo/

I let my code expire by accident and it didn't work. Bethesda sent me a new code after I sent them an email, and attached a receipt.
it looks like they did extend the expiration by a few wks tho, someone redeemed it on 05/23/2017 and it still worked

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48564-code-expiry-date-for-dh1-de/?do=findComment&comment=1322636

lol https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/7frbiy/dishonored_2_definite_editition_dlc_codes_expired/drri9nn/

if u want it for free u can complain/pull the complaint card lol except this was from target tho

I called up Target and asked to be transferred to the US call center. I explained the situation to them and how now I can't return it since it's opened, as that's not accepted according to their return policy.

The rep offered me a full refund without hesitation and said I could keep the game.

So in the end, I didn't get both games, but I did get Dishonored 2 for free.

hmm post #6 here https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168516-dishonored-2/75508966 that says

but that's regarding the Dishonored code inside the regular Dishonored 2 LE version...but pretty much same thing tho...i haven't found a more recent posting about this, that was dated 9 months ago btw.

nvm 8 months ago this was posted https://www.reddit.com/r/dishonored/comments/6tcbf7/caution_dishonored_2_limited_edition_may_come/dlkqkfo/

it looks like they did extend the expiration by a few wks tho, someone redeemed it on 05/23/2017 and it still worked

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48564-code-expiry-date-for-dh1-de/?do=findComment&comment=1322636

lol https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/7frbiy/dishonored_2_definite_editition_dlc_codes_expired/drri9nn/

if u want it for free u can complain/pull the complaint card lol except this was from target tho
Nice research! I should contact Bethesda again. I'd be willing to send a pic of the receipt or a pic of all my Bethesda games, which span everything id Software to Elder Scrolls to Dishonored to Fallout.

Grabbed a PS4 one in store on Friday.  They had one left.  Box was in a security case so it was kinda beat up but not as bad as that Skyrim Limited Edition.

Dishonored Definitive Edition code didn't work.  DLC code for 2 did though.

Kinda disappointed in the steelbook having the same art on both the front and back cover.  Plus my book's cover was super-bent-up by whoever jammed it into the box.  But still, the price is nice.

Grabbed a PS4 one in store on Friday. They had one left. Box was in a security case so it was kinda beat up but not as bad as that Skyrim Limited Edition.

Dishonored Definitive Edition code didn't work. DLC code for 2 did though.

Kinda disappointed in the steelbook having the same art on both the front and back cover. Plus my book's cover was super-bent-up by whoever jammed it into the box. But still, the price is nice.
Thanks for the feedback. I ordered the X1 edition and I am hoping that the code still works. Anybody else have misfortune of the X1 code not working?

My X1 edition came in and the Dishonored Definitive Edition code did work! The DLC stuff worked too. The box came incredibly damage but the contents within are fine. 

Outer box is thrashed and the back cover of the novel is creased up. Everything else is great.

Nice research! I should contact Bethesda again. I'd be willing to send a pic of the receipt or a pic of all my Bethesda games, which span everything id Software to Elder Scrolls to Dishonored to Fallout.
Heh did anyone have any luck with Bethesda? I tried 2 reps already & so far they both said that they only provided new codes last year for the expired codes and no longer have any codes to provide coz this was available ONLY as a pre-order bonus according to them. The 2 people I found that did get their codes replaced were all replaced around Sept so like 4 months after they expired, I wasn't able to find any more recent success stories.

My box was in great shape, had no book or steelbook issues :whee:

I picked up a ps4 version and the codes for the d.e. and dlc do not work.
awww my PS4 DLC code worked tho.

Heh did anyone have any luck with Bethesda? I tried 2 reps already & so far they both said that they only provided new codes last year for the expired codes and no longer have any codes to provide coz this was available ONLY as a pre-order bonus according to them. The 2 people I found that did get their codes replaced were all replaced around Sept so like 4 months after they expired, I wasn't able to find any more recent success stories.

My box was in great shape, had no book or steelbook issues :whee:

awww my PS4 DLC code worked tho.
Are you having issues with a PS4 or Xbox One? My Xbox One codes worked so I was fortunate that I didn't need to contact them.

bread's done
Back