CAGcast #542: Now ApplePlay Compatible!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang discuss Nintendo Labo, Call of Duty’s missing campaign mode, stupid Alexa tricks, and exciting new purchases that include real and fictional Apple products.
Download (1 hr 24 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys. Please visit http://www.harrys.com/cag to get a trial shave set for FREE when you sign up for this special offer.
Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love (Jay Latune Remix)
Outro - M.A.S.K. ENDING THEME
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Wombat, Wombat, Wombat.. after all of these years, please just listen to Cheapy if it’s to do with an Apple product (or Ship if it’s to do with video games, or math, or RAM, or really anything other than Apple products and ping pong). There’s no need to get defensive whenever anyone questions anything you say; Cheapy was just clarifying, not questioning your intelligence or worth as a human being. That Apple Play conversation was maddening.

Other than that, keep up the great work. It feels like I was living a completely different life when I started listening to you guys, but you’re one of the few things that have stayed a constant.

The visceral response to Wombat's made up product "ApplePlay" was hilarious! You hear the ripples in the water as Wombat tries to back-peddle his way out of his poetic creation until the tension is released with a "who the f***cares!!!" once he realized he was trying to retcon a Mandela effect that simply did not exist. All along, Shipwreck  continued to apply a hot poker to the bee's nest! Great stuff. 

I was recently looking for a new Honda and I definitely wanted it to have  "Honda ApplePlay" but it only comes with "Carplay"  for Apple.  If I find one with "ApplePlay" (TM 2018) I will let you know.

Wombat, Cheapy, and Ship.  Keep up the great podcast that keep me listening and laughing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not five minutes after listening to this episode I saw a Chevy commercial that said "Apple Car Play".  I don't even remember who was arguing what...but I think "Apple Car Play" is a real thing.

Anyway, that Robocop/Alexa bit was great.  It's the first useful thing I've heard an Alexa do.

I think this podcast's finally sold me on the Amazon Echo.  Wombat gleefully tormenting his kids doesn't do a thing for me, but I will absolutely pay a hundred dollars to have a little cylinder on my desk tell me its name is Puddin Tame.

Wombat, keep slinging the rapid-fire joke and reference tornado like usual. For every joke Cheapy and Shipwreck misses, people like me pick them up and enjoy them. Case in point: when you said "Gabo" is coming when you riffed on "LABO" from Nintendo. Those old Simpsons episodes were fantastic.

ps - Your joke that cracked yourself up (in the last episode) is worth a re-listen. You had fantastic timing and a great play on words. 

bread's done
Back