- - - - -

Switch G4 Steelbook/MetalPack/Etc. Compendium

#31 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

I have received no communication from Arc System Works. Not even a heads up they were charging my card, but the charge was finalized a little over a week ago.

#32 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11373 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

I have received no communication from Arc System Works. Not even a heads up they were charging my card, but the charge was finalized a little over a week ago.

Yep, same exact thing with me.

#33 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3422 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

I had an order completion email that had a link to the order. When I clicked on that it actually showed that it had shipped and provided tracking. Looks like 2 day shipping as mine is coming from California and I'm on the east coast.

#34 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11373 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

I had an order completion email that had a link to the order. When I clicked on that it actually showed that it had shipped and provided tracking. Looks like 2 day shipping as mine is coming from California and I'm on the east coast.

Actually was just going to post this.  No emails, but I checked my account at the Arc System Works website and they have tracking for my order showing it is supposed to be delivered today.  Communication from them is still shitty but at least it is almost here!

#35 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Whaddaya know!

I dug up the original order confirmation email from when I placed the order and clicked on the order status. Mine is on the USPS truck for delivery today.

#36 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3422 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

Got mine. it's not a steelbook but some weird new type I haven't seen. It doesnt have a spine but the hinge is not in the middle giving some room for text on the spine. Mine also has a slash on the spine and my box has a pretty thin case which results in quite a few dents in the box, but not the case. I'm glad the game is great because I'm pretty disappointed in the CE. Interested in selling all the extras if someone wants them cheap.

#37 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:04 AM

My BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle CE arrived in immaculate condition, miracously. There was a lot of empty space in the shipping box.

I’ve emailed Arc System Works ro try to confirm the manufacturer of the steel case. If it is MetalPak they’re using a different hinge than on the G2 (PS4/BluRay) sized cases.

I’m kind of sad that it’s a considerably thicker case than the Steelbooks, I’m not sure if it’ll fit in one of my protective sleeves.

#38 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

LRG announced another Switch Steelbook, and many other new Switch games that will most likely get Steelbooks also. 

I'm hoping that the Nintendo Direct today doesn't disappoint with some Steelbook announcements that are from publishers other than LRG. 

#39 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

The UK (at least) is getting a Steelbook for Smash

https://store.ninten...k/11790659.html

Another crappy outer cover IMO

11847698-1194601733848457.jpg11847698-1524601733942273.jpg

E: Man, these shitty first party cases are killing all my interest in collecting these.