* * * * * 1 votes

CAGcast #543: Boy, Download This Show!

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

The gang talks God of War, March NPDs, European loot box laws, Switch hack, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 14 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is brought to you by Mack Weldon. For 20% off your first order of premium mens basic clothing, visit https://www.mackweldon.com/ and use coupon code CAGCAST at checkout.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Robbie Rivera - Back To Zero (Fonzerelli Mix)
Outro - Carvel song

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

#2 marcand   Boop beep. CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for reading the NPD top 10! Nice to hear the brief commentary. GTA5, right?!? Talk about a long tail on that game...

Props to Cheapy for the great music intro tracks. Seems like you would enjoy some tracks from "Above and Beyond." I highly recommend their tracks "Naked", "Another Chance", and "Peace of Mind".

#3 redividedbyd   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

redividedbyd

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:50 PM

Remembering my own experiences as an adolescent boy I was expecting a completely different narrative when Cheapy mentioned finding the shirt balled up in the back of the closet in his son's room...

Conversely, I was painstakingly ironing some aloha shirts I'd stored beneath my bed for the winter while listening to this episode and wondering if a steamer wouldn't work better...

#4 spunXtain   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

spunXtain

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Funny,t here really is a board name called Dragon Castle

https://boardgamegee...9/dragon-castle

#5 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Re: the armchair psychology bit-

Big life changes like a new baby disrupt homeostasis, and things like jealousy are normal. People usually don't know how to verbalize it and often end up acting out their feelings. It's possible that's what this guy did in some kind of subconscious protest. I'd be more concerned he has a substance abuse problem, since it becomes a problem from a treatment perspective (in part) when substance use begins interfering with responsibilities / obligations / etc. There may be a really good, circumstantial reason for why it happened, but as a clinician, I'm pretty skeptical.

#6 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:10 AM

Just a heads up, the link on the main page header goes to 534 instead of 543

#7 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

Jumanji really did have a lot of dick jokes.

#8 DanielNielsen   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DanielNielsen

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Would like to hear your opinions on God of War once you all make it through. As a father my self i thought Atreus was well done as an NPC he is never in your way, and he is very useful once you get some good upgrades for him. And personally i enjoyed their whole journey from start to finish. Plus i think him being by you side had a nice payoff to the story as well.

#9 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3172 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:31 AM

I guess this came a few weeks ago but I just saw it today, what is your guys take? I know Microsoft needs games this year... is this enough if this is true? I know it originated from 4Chan, so take it with a grain of salt, but knowing who microsoft has had deals with in the past, a lot of it seems likely.

Spoiler