* * - - - 3 votes

Best Buy Ad 4/29-5/5

#31 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

Wonder if the Gold edition of FC5 will be on sale or just the vanilla version?
Tune in tomorrow Bat fans; same Bat time, same bat channel.

#32 mattao18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

mattao18

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Two weeks in a row with a price match available on a game bought at launch for Elite Plus members after not having one for a while. Far Cry 5 for $40 plus the $10 pre-order rewards cert is a pretty nice deal.

I've caught them offering deals right outside the normal return window for launch date purchases, I wouldn't be surprised if they time it that way : Only a few weeks ago did they drop Scribblenauts on the Switch in half 15 days after it released. Good incentive to keep you on Elite.

#33 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

Woo hoo! Nintendo with the regurgitated games yet again! If you've beat the game once on one system why the Fuck would you buy again! ?

#34 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

Yo yo yo...."Mamma Mia" in 4K, y'all!!!

#35 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Are Target and Wal-Mart's ad deals blowing you away? 

You're right - their ads literally have never come close to blowing me away. As I said to someone else, I'm merely comparing it to what I'm used to seeing from BB. X being better than Y does not automatically mean one should praise X 

Two weeks in a row with a price match available on a game bought at launch for Elite Plus members after not having one for a while. Far Cry 5 for $40 plus the $10 pre-order rewards cert is a pretty nice deal.

$10 pre order credit without preordering? How'd that happen?

I find it funny how everyone moans and complains about how shitty the ad is nearly every week...this is no different then any other year...the sales dry up in the spring and summer months and then in the fall and winter boom
Sales galore. Happens literally every year don't get why it shocks people every damn year.

I find it funny how people will go out of their way to complain about people's dissent...and they do so in a way that's twice as long as the original "complainer's" post. Virtue signaling at its finest. Sorry but the only person worse than a "complainer" is someone who complains even more than the original "complainer" about the "complainer". I wasn't shocked; merely stating an observation. Cry about it. Whoops too late guess you already did.

Haha, don't judge the book by its cover... unless you had first hand experience. Even then, it's subjective. lol

I have cared for enough babies and puppies that, unfortunately, I think I do.

Yo yo yo...."Mamma Mia" in 4K, y'all!!!

Yo mama's in 4k

#36 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

How about this? Shut the Fuck up.

#37 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8831 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

Yeahhhh.... noooo

According to last weekly ads and the real sale price it seems that tekken 7 will be at $24.99 before GCU.

Hmmm...I don’t think so. The game is only $29.99 to begin with. For this one, I think it will be $19.99 ($15.99 GCU).

I’m in.

#38 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

Thx Tyrok!

#39 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:31 AM

$10 pre order credit without preordering? How'd that happen?

I meant that it ended up being a nice deal for Elite Plus members like me that did pre-order FC5.

I've caught them offering deals right outside the normal return window for launch date purchases, I wouldn't be surprised if they time it that way : Only a few weeks ago did they drop Scribblenauts on the Switch in half 15 days after it released. Good incentive to keep you on Elite.

Best way to get and keep Elite Plus is to get a Best Buy Visa if you're able and pay it off every month. I use mine for almost everything and always have certs rolling in plus all the extra perks like the 45 day return/price match window.

#40 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:50 AM

Yo mama's in 4k

Yo mama’s so fat, I had to get dual monitors to skype with her 😂

#41 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2379 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

Well....so much for the Tekken 7 Steelbook case.  I'm prompted during checkout that they are no longer available. 

Sucks.

EDIT:  It finally went through.  I had to kind of "strong-arm" the order to get the steelbook to ship with the game though.

#42 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12730 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

Yeahhhh.... noooo

According to last weekly ads and the real sale price it seems that tekken 7 will be at $24.99 before GCU.

Richard B Wrong.

#43 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

Probably would have passed on the $16 Tekken 7 but the free steelbook included is enough to sweeten the pot for me.

#44 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

Woo hoo! Nintendo with the regurgitated games yet again! If you've beat the game once on one system why the Fuck would you buy again! ?

Well, that's the thing--nobody bought them on the WiiU! Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii sold almost 5 million copies in it's first six months and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for Wii U is estimated to have sold less than 2 million total. You might as well bring the good Wii U games to the Switch so they finally have an audience!

#45 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Yo mama’s so fat, I had to get dual monitors to skype with her 😂

Oh yeah? Yo mama's so fat, she watches 90210 on the scale.

Take that, modern day jokes.

#46 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

Oh yeah? Yo mama's so fat, she watches 90210 on the scale.

Take that, modern day jokes.

Ah, the good old days when people could just give a comeback without hyperventilating and accusing someone of ‘shaming’, when people were strong enough to not be mortally wounded by words...what the hell happened.

#47 Sielanas  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:06 PM

Ah, the good old days when people could just give a comeback without hyperventilating and accusing someone of ‘shaming’, when people were strong enough to not be mortally wounded by words...what the hell happened.

We get it, you like being angsty.

#48 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:27 AM

We get it, you like being angsty.

We? You and your fat mom?

#49 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:18 AM

Yo mommas eye glasses so thick when she looks at a map she can see people waving.

#50 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:58 AM

Yo mommas eye glasses so thick when she looks at a map she can see people waving.

Yo mama so dumb, she don’t have GCU.

#51 MaddDogg84  

MaddDogg84

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:03 AM

Man, its the switch, why would it be anything but spectacular and fresh? Tsk tsk ....
Only question for me is what price to buy it at

#52 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:30 AM

Did anyone else notice ATTACK ON TITAN 2 is $45😎

#53 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:56 AM

While not a game I’ve been eyeing the Sony HTCT800 soundbar. On sale for $299 since the newer models released. Does anyone have this soundbar? Or maybe someone could point me towards a better one in the same price range? I’ve also considering the step up HTNT5, which has been on sale recently for $350.

#54 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

If you do a pricematch to Amazon can you still use GCU? Or do you only get one or the other and not both?

Thanks.

#55 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

If you do a pricematch to Amazon can you still use GCU? Or do you only get one or the other and not both?

Price match or GCU, not both.

#56 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

Price match or GCU, not both.

Thanks

#57 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1728 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

Anyone here have the Best Buy credit card? Is it worth it for the 5% back in rewards?

#58 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

Anyone here have the Best Buy credit card? Is it worth it for the 5% back in rewards?

I have one. In my opinion it's worth it if you can pay the balance off every month. Otherwise the intetest outweighs the value of the points, which is true with most rewards cards.

Some people choose the best buy visa and do regular spending through there - groceries, utilities, restaurants, etc. - in order to track up extra points.

Also the intetest free financing is good for the occasional large purchase. Again this only works of your pay off within the allotted time limit - 6 or 12 months.

#59 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

I've definitely been getting the most out of mine.

Cardholders get bonus coupons every so often.  Mostly 10% off, but last August, they had a bonus point day where I got 8,999 bonus points for buying a new TV.

The way things stack can be ridiculous.  If you're Elite Plus and subscribe to GCU, buy a full price game, and put it on your card, you'll get 201 points -- most of the way to getting $5 back.  And if you're doing that with a preorder where you're already getting a $10 bonus, not to mention the usual GCU discount...!

#60 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

I have one. In my opinion it's worth it if you can pay the balance off every month. Otherwise the intetest outweighs the value of the points, which is true with most rewards cards.

Some people coos the best buy visa and do regular spending through there - groceries, utilities, restaurants, etc. - in order to track up extra points.

Also the intetest free financing is good for the occasional large purchase. Again this only works of your pay off within the allotted time limit - 6 or 12 months.

Interest free negates the points for the purchase.