GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
UPDATE: Deleted

--------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Now lives here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheap_Ass_Gamer

If anyone is familiar with proper Wiki formating could convert what is currently there, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll send you a CAG t-shirt if you do it before I move to Tokyo (halloween).

-CD

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheapassgamer.com

I was looking at Wikipedia and noticed that there wasn't any entry for Cheapassgamer.com so I added some. I obviously don't know the entire history of CAG but I put in a little info so as to get the ball rolling. I hope that was ok Cheapy.

It should probably be removed; do you think there should be an entry for every site? it's enough that the site exists. This is way outside the wikipedia's scope.

[quote name='eldad9']It should probably be removed; do you think there should be an entry for every site? it's enough that the site exists. This is way outside the wikipedia's scope.[/QUOTE]

Actaully it isn't. They had a Cheapassgamer.com page it just didn't have anyone contribute to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamefaqs

Gamefaqs has an extensive entry.

[quote name='Samurai X']Im sure it's ok man but you should always ask first before saying I hope that was ok ![/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't do anything other than give generic info.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Someone didn't like it as it's up for deletion.[/QUOTE]

Probably not enough info...

Oh well, my intentions were good anyways.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Well, like I said Gamefaqs is there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it seems that wiki has some criteria for submitting articles on websites and I'm not sure exactly what the policy is. It seems that a more detailed article would be more fitting, though someone would have to have the time to write one up.

I think that would be an excellent idea to have CAG listed on Wiki. Didn't see anything wrong at all with your doing Guile. Cheapy could always come back and edit it, and I know for a fact that they have many sites listed like Ebay, the aforementioned Gamefaqs, etc. They have various P2P programs listed there, so I don't see anything wrong with a harmless little section for CAG.

CAG is in there...I think I submitted it a year ago, but I am not sure....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAG

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, but it seems that wiki has some criteria for submitting articles on websites and I'm not sure exactly what the policy is. It seems that a more detailed article would be more fitting, though someone would have to have the time to write one up.[/QUOTE]

We seem to meet the criteria...our Alexa rank is about 11,000

EDIT: I spruced it up a bit...

Does anyone have a link to the "devil customers" article? Most people outside of this website don't know the story behind that, so maybe that link could be added to the words "Devil Customers" in the CAG Wikipedia entry.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Does anyone have a link to the "devil customers" article? Most people outside of this website don't know the story behind that, so maybe that link could be added to the words "Devil Customers" in the CAG Wikipedia entry.[/QUOTE]

Just did a quick Google search for "best buy" devil customers and several links came up. First one is this:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20041108-4382.html

Seventh one is the thread CheapyD mentioned it in:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1128005&postcount=13

Maybe we should add "fuck" to CAG Terminology...no other website really uses that word besides CAG....at first I thought it was some cag slang everybody keep saying

[quote name='989boi']Maybe we should add "fuck" to CAG Terminology...no other website really uses that word besides CAG....at first I thought it was some cag slang everybody keep saying[/QUOTE]

good idea ;)

If we could compile a list of CAG "moments of glory," I would be more than happy to type up some stuff and work on the entry a bit.

[quote name='CheapyD']*cough cough*

If anyone is familiar with proper Wiki formating could convert what is currently there, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll send you a CAG t-shirt if you do it before I move to Tokyo (halloween).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheap_Ass_Gamer[/QUOTE]

What exactly needs to be done? What do you mean convert?

I have class until 1 today, but I can work on it after that. And again, if we can compile a list of "important" events/facts, I'd be more than happy to write up some stuff as well.

EDIT: Okay, I created a skeleton of sorts. Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I can't believe they are trying to delete this again.[/QUOTE]

welcome to the fun world of wikipedia. a bunch of moderators there go around and try to "cleanse" the site of anything they deem unencyclopedic, even though it completly defeats the site's self-purported goal of being a living, evolving encyclopedia.

My understanding is that its based on whatever idiots happen to chime in on the delete discussions...these cats had no clue whatsoever. You gotta read some of those comments...what a joke!

[quote name='CheapyD']My understanding is that its based on whatever idiots happen to chime in on the delete discussions...these cats had no clue whatsoever. You gotta read some of those comments...what a joke![/QUOTE]

I read the comments and it looked like it basically got deleted because they didn't know what it was. They must be very smart people if the know about everything that is entered on Wiki.

There would be a better argument if you could list some things that CAG is notable for, why is it noteworthy compared to other sites of its kind, etc. Being the first to break a noteworthy story would be something.

You could argue that online deal sites in general, or how to find deals online, should have an article instead of a place like Fatwallet having their own.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Because gamefaqs if full of losers who have nothing better to do.

I was so tempted to wipe it out, only one click away, but I decided not to. :|[/QUOTE]

Gamefaqs is an extensive repository - an encyclopedia, if you will - of game related information.

[quote name='dafoomie']There would be a better argument if you could list some things that CAG is notable for, why is it noteworthy compared to other sites of its kind, etc. Being the first to break a noteworthy story would be something.

You could argue that online deal sites in general, or how to find deals online, should have an article instead of a place like Fatwallet having their own.[/QUOTE]

Too bad those Jessica Simpson pics from the set of Dukes of Hazzard weren't watermarked with a CAG, eh? I'm pretty sure I saw those exact pics in a few celeb mags down the road from when they were posted here. (gf gets them :) ) Man if I was the guy who took them and just posted them up on the web for nothing I'd be kicking myself. Still though that would be breaking a 'story' totally unrelated to the real purpose of CAG (and since the movie is now out, pretty much moot), might not really hold much sway.

bread's done
Back