PSA: No more buying gift cards with gift cards at best buy soon..

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder. One of the 4 beasts saying come and see and i saw

and behold, a white horse

What about simply buying any product with the Best Buy gift card and returning the product for a gift card? So, in effect, just incorporating a middle man??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised to see a DoC post here lol.

Btw, 99% chance Xbox, PSN, eShop won't be a part of this restriction. Amazon doesn't allow GC to GC either. Game cards are typically treated as retail products rather than cash converters to other retailers.

I'm glad I cashed out most of my points for gift cards last month. I haven't been buying much at BBY lately and it was nice to be able to buy a restaurant gift card with reward points and gift cards when I couldn't find anything else I wanted to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that this went into effect yesterday (at least in FL). I just tried to buy an iTunes card and was denied by the system.

Yep I just tried to buy a Steam gift card and it didnt work. Completely forgot about this until an employee said something.

I just used store credit (works like a gift card, entered in the gift card field) on bestbuy.com to buy a $20 Nintendo eShop code. No problems.

What about simply buying any product with the Best Buy gift card and returning the product for a gift card? So, in effect, just incorporating a middle man??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best Buy is one of many retailers that report this behavior to a third party company. Doing this too often may cause them to deny returns in the future not only at Best Buy but other stores that use the same database. Proof

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I just bought over $100 of PSN credit (online order, digital delivery) with a mix of BBUY gift cards and reward certs.  

The catch was it only let me buy one of each denomination per day (50+20 yesterday, 50 today).  But i know it worked, i already spent some of the money on PSN.  :)

bread's done
Back