CAGcast #544: Poop, There It Is

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks the current state of Xbox, Super Mega Baseball 2, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Mega Man cartridges, God of War, and so much more!
Download (1 hr 20 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Honey, the free browser extension that automatically finds the best coupons on the web so you get the best prices, just visit joinhoney.com/cagcast!
Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (HYPER CRUSH REMIX)
Outro - Take a Lick of Megaman - CheapyD
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Xbox One X just releasing last November, I think we still see a new Halo on Xbox One in 2018 or 2019. I think Gears is more likely to be the game saved for the launch of whatever comes after Xbox One.

For some odd reason, this show feed was not updating correctly in my iOS podcast app. It's set to come out sat even tho it was available on fri...weird

I had a very short twitter conversation @Cheapy about the closer, sharing that I found it quite distasteful.  Came here to see if anyone else had an option and discovered it was a Cheapy original.

Now knowing that it... still doesn't change my opinion.  

Within the show I'm fine with the semi-random adult conversations, 3 grown men talking about grown men stuff (and occasionally a video game) is why I've listened for years.  

The closer song was not adult conversation however, to me it crossed a line into vulgar and crude.   

But then perhaps I'm turning into a fuddy duddy in my old age and everyone else loves it.   If so I'll live and life will go on,  just had to share that it bothered me enough to comment.

I am curious what Wombat and Ship thought of the song.

Otherwise great show this week.   

Looking forward to the infinity war talk. Also I'm surprised you 80's junkies, didn't talk about the new Cobra Kai series on youtube red. 

You are not alone. I can handle vulgar and crude. I think all the poop stories* were hilarious. I am also all for 8-bit hip-hop remixes, but slightly disappointed that the outro song on a cagcast was an aggressively misogynistic "suck my dick" anthem. Those lyrics are off brand. Not enough to get me to stop listening, but it's not a great look.

The closer song was not adult conversation however, to me it crossed a line into vulgar and crude.
*Referencing poop stories of the past more than poop stories of the present.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even listen to the song when I first listened to the episode. I just went back and listened to it. HAHAHAHA wtf? It's almost a parody of the rap genre and like every single rap music video. Also, it's called take a lick by Akinyele. 

As far as the song goes, yeah uh a little inappropriate lol. Of course, talking about video games with gratuitous violence is perfectly ok.  

Yeah, I get the violence criticism, but It's not like the song is just a hot sex jam. I wouldn't of batted an eye at that. Lyrically the whole second verse and chorus is a consent-ignoring demand for Fellatio. Admittingly, it ends with a "I'll do you if you do me" bargain, but the tone, sucks.

I didn't even listen to the song when I first listened to the episode. I just went back and listened to it. HAHAHAHA wtf? It's almost a parody of the rap genre and like every single rap music video. Also, it's called take a lick by Akinyele.

As far as the song goes, yeah uh a little inappropriate lol. Of course, talking about video games with gratuitous violence is perfectly ok.

Yeah, I get the violence criticism, but It's not like the song is just a hot sex jam. I wouldn't of batted an eye at that. Lyrically the whole second verse and chorus is a consent-ignoring demand for Fellatio. Admittingly, it ends with a "I'll do you if you do me" bargain, but the tone, sucks.
I get what you are saying and I personally don't like the song or the lyrics but let's be real, people in video games don't give consent to be killed.

A bit sad that Senua's Sacrifice got brushed away that quickly during the discussion. It's probably the only game that i have ever played about mental illness that made me understand what being a schizophrenic might feel like. I have the utmost respect for people who has to deal with that everyday. I'm not sure i could do the same.

bread's done
Back