SNES CLASSIC IN STOCK @WALMART

I was able to get one of these a few weeks ago on amazon.  Yeah, most of the games on it are meh.  But you can mod it and add whatever you want across multiple systems.  Making it it very worth it.

mod it and its the best emulator since the wii
Considering it doesn’t go past the SNES I’m not so sure on that one, it is rather nifty though
Well, he did say since the Wii, and in regards to that systems emulation capabilities, it is a very true statement. I modded my son's NES mini before he sold it to get a switch, and I thought it was killer. It wasn't so great at retail pricing, but once you made it all it could be, it became well worth the asking price and then some. There are better alternatives, especially in regards to what a person can do, but the program created for the mini's, is really easy and user friendly to use. Some of the better options can require a bit of a learning curve, so those aren't for everyone.

Don't get the "well it's worth it to mod" mentality... If you have a phone, or a tablet, or an old laptop (a lap top from the early 2000's can EASILY run SNES games) or PC you can use roms for FREE.  Shoot, depending on your setup you may even be able to stream said games or flat out hook them up to your TV.  Well the controller you say?  Ok in most setups you can use your XBox or PS4 controller or find a cheap SNES inspired one that works great.

You're basically paying $80 for a case when you buy this to mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
all the targets i've been to have recently had at least 3-5 ...this isn't something special anymore its not as rare as the NES classic

I just saw my first one at retail about a week or two ago, and the following week the same store went from 1, to about 7-8. I've also been seeing them offered several times a week here at CAG. 

But this should be good to see, as the NES should be ramping back up, so leaving a good stock at retail before stopping the SNES will be good for the holidays.

Back in my day that was the cost of a single SNES GAME! *shakes cane angrily*
Kids these days.

I just saw my first one at retail about a week or two ago, and the following week the same store went from 1, to about 7-8. I've also been seeing them offered several times a week here at CAG.

But this should be good to see, as the NES should be ramping back up, so leaving a good stock at retail before stopping the SNES will be good for the holidays.
Wild SNES Classic appeared! ...but yeah, this is good to hear. Already have one so it's all the same to me now but this is great for anyone else who still couldn't get one. Now if only Nintendo makes good on their promise of doing more NES Classic runs so the eBay prices go down and all those sellers with pyramids of NES Classics in their photos feel stupid.

Kids these days.

Wild SNES Classic appeared! ...but yeah, this is good to hear. Already have one so it's all the same to me now but this is great for anyone else who still couldn't get one. Now if only Nintendo makes good on their promise of doing more NES Classic runs so the eBay prices go down and all those sellers with pyramids of NES Classics in their photos feel stupid.
Those pyramid guys should have dumped those off ages ago, if their still sitting on tons, they deserve to get stuck at this point. "N" said directly that the NES was coming back the summer of 2018, so to not have sold remaining inventory this late, is just begging to ask for trouble. Now of course, summer to NoA could mean late September or some other off the wall estimate, but I'm sure the new version will include dual controllers as well. So that renders the old ones pretty useless, unless "N" changes the games offered, which would help the OG to remain collectible.

They need to make nes classic controllers, the stand alone ones need to come back. Those are so rare. I just want one so I'll finally have 2 official Nintendo controllers and not knock offs.

Those pyramid guys should have dumped those off ages ago, if their still sitting on tons, they deserve to get stuck at this point. "N" said directly that the NES was coming back the summer of 2018, so to not have sold remaining inventory this late, is just begging to ask for trouble. Now of course, summer to NoA could mean late September or some other off the wall estimate, but I'm sure the new version will include dual controllers as well. So that renders the old ones pretty useless, unless "N" changes the games offered, which would help the OG to remain collectible.
I really hope they release the controllers individually again. I got a NES Classic, but never managed to find an extra controller, and really don't like the third party options.

bread's done
Back