- - - - -

Gamestop 4 for $10 Offer valid through 5/13/18 - Select Titles Only

gamestop 4 for $10

#31 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

They usually only ask for my number if I don't already have the card out. They probably don't wait to wait for people to flip through their wallets and dig it out.

#32 blackrazor911   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

blackrazor911

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

They usually only ask for my number if I don't already have the card out. They probably don't wait to wait for people to flip through their wallets and dig it out.

Same here. Went in last night and picked up 9 PS3 titles (one didn't count for the deal but thats ok). Casually & nicely asked the employee to let me have the best looking cases & discs, which he did. Even gave me the steelbook case for AC3.

#33 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5991 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

Anybody want to share their finds from this sale? Half the fun for me is reading about other people's hauls.

I lead a sad and solitary life.

#34 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

Anyone tried this on vita games ? Theirs a few under 5 locally to me.

#35 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Anyone tried this on vita games ? Theirs a few under 5 locally to me.

It will work on all sub-5 dollar used games.  That's how it always works for this sale.

#36 Jordache7k  

Jordache7k

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

They had a pretty good 4 for $20 sale some time in the summer last year .  These 4 for $10's just don't cut it.

#37 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

I picked up a few old simple vita games last night just since I picked up a vita again. None of the games I grabbed didn’t work. $8 with elites after it all. But 4/10 never really has anything crazy good

#38 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5991 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

I've only ever gotten one preowned Vita game for less than $4.99 from GameStop, and it was Sword Art Online. I think GameStop assumes that if you can afford to collect physical Vita games, you probably don't need a deal.

#39 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

I've only ever gotten one preowned Vita game for less than $4.99 from GameStop, and it was Sword Art Online. I think GameStop assumes that if you can afford to collect physical Vita games, you probably don't need a deal.

Yeah prices seem to have went up on some off them. Lucky enough one store I hit yesterday had the old price on the god of war collection and they adjusted down for me.
They have like 5-10 games 4.99 or less it’s just finding them in store. Most are sports tho

#40 iHack   1337 H4X0R CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

I stopped by my local Gamestop and was pleasantly surprised to see this deal but then after checking out I realized exacty why I don’t go there anymore. I noticed one of the games was the ‘greatest hits’ edition and I asked “do you mind if I get the version that does not say ‘greatest hits’, I don’t mean to be a PIA...” He obliged but made the remark that “most other stores wouldn’t allow you to do that, afterall you’re only buying the game”. WTF does that mean? While yes, I am buying “the game” that game also comes with a case and I’d personally like for it to match... I don’t want to generalize but it seems almost every Gamestop I go to is like this.

#41 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5991 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

I stopped by my local Gamestop and was pleasantly surprised to see this deal but then after checking out I realized exacty why I don’t go there anymore. I noticed one of the games was the ‘greatest hits’ edition and I asked “do you mind if I get the version that does not say ‘greatest hits’, I don’t mean to be a PIA...” He obliged but made the remark that “most other stores wouldn’t allow you to do that, afterall you’re only buying the game”. WTF does that mean? While yes, I am buying “the game” that game also comes with a case and I’d personally like for it to match... I don’t want to generalize but it seems almost every Gamestop I go to is like this.

Got into the store near me at the last minute this afternoon and grabbed the following:

Assassin's Creed III - Xbox 360
Diablo III (vanilla) - Xbox 360
The Last of Us - PS3
Tropico 3 - Xbox 360

All of them were complete. As I was being rung up, the associate swapped out my cases and manuals for Assassin's Creed and The Last of Us for absolutely no reason. I mentioned it to him and he switched them back. A minor inconvenience, but I hate when that happens.

I understood why there was so much hate for the sale though. I looked for 20 minutes before I found four good games. Backwards compatibility sure has driven up Xbox 360 game prices there, and it looked like anything with a popular license (DC, Marvel, Sonic, etc) attached to it had also been marked up on PS3 and 360.

#42 iHack   1337 H4X0R CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:09 AM

Got into the store near me at the last minute this afternoon and grabbed the following:

The Last of Us - PS3
Tropico 3 - Xbox 360

All of them were complete. As I was being rung up, the associate swapped out my cases and manuals for Assassin's Creed and The Last of Us for absolutely no reason. I mentioned it to him and he switched them back. A minor inconvenience, but I hate when that happens.

I understood why there was so much hate for the sale though. I looked for 20 minutes before I found four good games. Backwards compatibility sure has driven up Xbox 360 game prices there, and it looked like anything with a popular license (DC, Marvel, Sonic, etc) attached to it had also been marked up on PS3 and 360.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I have to give it to the guy too, he was like a magician with how swift & quickly he did it...

On a side note I grabbed the following (all PS3):

Tiger Woods 2012 Masters Edition
Uncharted 2
Assassin’s Creed
God of War III

Was today the last day for the sale? I totally blanked on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility and now want to take another peak... any worthwhile games that are backwards compatible?

#43 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5991 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:53 AM

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I have to give it to the guy too, he was like a magician with how swift & quickly he did it...

On a side note I grabbed the following (all PS3):

Tiger Woods 2012 Masters Edition
Uncharted 2
Assassin’s Creed
God of War III

Was today the last day for the sale? I totally blanked on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility and now want to take another peak... any worthwhile games that are backwards compatible?

Today was the last day. I'm sure they will do it again at some point though.

#44 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

Grabbed four 360 titles.  Sega Super Stars Tennis, Syndicate, Steel Battalion:  Heavy Armor and Sesame Street:  Once Upon A Monster for my kids.

#45 GrimmTrixX   Shoryuken! CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

I presume the sale is done since it ended on the 13th right? It was mothers day when i noticed so i had no chance to get it. I had a list of game to get, doubting they'd have been there anyway, but I always like to look.

#46 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5991 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

I presume the sale is done since it ended on the 13th right? It was mothers day when i noticed so i had no chance to get it. I had a list of game to get, doubting they'd have been there anyway, but I always like to look.

The associate told me yesterday was the last day for the 4 for $10 when I was in the store. It'll happen again at some point though.

#47 GrimmTrixX   Shoryuken! CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

Darnit. Lol thanks for the info.

#48 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:30 AM

The Last of Us - PS3
Tropico 3 - Xbox 360

This happened to me last week and I said I wanted the original case that I brought up not the GameStop printed case and the employee said we are not supposed to give you the case off the shelf, now I will have to print up another case and sticker to put out for the other copies we have of that game. When the hell did they ever start doing this? I said I want the original case for collector reasons and if she wasn’t going to give it to me I would have returned the game. Funny thing was she switched the cases after the transaction was finished too.