https://www.gamefly....e/preplayedsale

#2 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

thanks, i needed a blowout, haven't had one in four months

#3 AxleHead   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

AxleHead

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

Just got the email myself. Got excited and then I was immediately disappointed. Gamefly doesn't even try anymore. Most of the prices are within a few bucks of new prices.

#4 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

Thanks, picked up the Dishonored and Uncharted expansions

#5 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

It's not supposed to be a good game, but The Seven Deadly Sins for $15 is a pretty decent price. It only came out in March and still trades into GS for $15 base, so you can play it and trade it in before it tanks.

#6 Brutus Beefcake   Ultimate Scum CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Brutus Beefcake

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

ztvlBef.png

#7 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8162 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:05 PM

well this is better then their last 'sale'. probablty pick up ff12 zodiac age and marvel vs capcom infinite on payday.

#8 Ibacai  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:40 AM

It's not supposed to be a good game, but The Seven Deadly Sins for $15 is a pretty decent price. It only came out in March and still trades into GS for $15 base, so you can play it and trade it in before it tanks.

I have been collecting a lot of the mainstream anime games for giggles, I’d say $15 is a pretty good price for this one.

#9 randamin  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

Try to buy at least two games/movies in a single order. The previous thread had complaints of slow shipping which is likely because Gamefly uses Media Mail on single item orders but two or more are sent through Priority Mail.

These sales are a good deal on specific titles that come with a pre-order bonus that is no longer available on the current print or used.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#10 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6150 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:23 AM

Gamefly uses Media Mail on single item orders but two or more are sent through Priority Mail.

It's cheaper to send one game 1st class than it would be media mail rate. Seems dumb that a company whose primary function is to send games through the mail would do anything other than 1st class.

#11 victoryroadrage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

victoryroadrage

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

Is South Park FBW at $15 a good price?

#12 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

Yes

#13 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

Decent.  Mine came with the Stick of Truth code back in March

#14 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

It's cheaper to send one game 1st class than it would be media mail rate. Seems dumb that a company whose primary function is to send games through the mail would do anything other than 1st class.

A lot of times companies like this have a bulk discount. All their game rentals are mailed media so I'm sure it's cheaper to lump in single games sold into that cheaper bucket.

#15 Lobotomies4free  

Lobotomies4free

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

a good hairdryer is hard to find

thanks, i needed a blowout, haven't had one in four months

#16 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

[quote name="victoryroadrage" post="13991683" timestamp="1525851277"]

Is South Park FBW at $15 a good price?[/quote
The code for stick of truth is still working for the Xbox one. I used it about a week ago

#17 victoryroadrage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

victoryroadrage

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

The code for stick of truth is still working for the Xbox one. I used it about a week ago

Oh wow, I wasn't even thinking about that. That will definitely make it worth it.

#18 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

A lot of times companies like this have a bulk discount. All their game rentals are mailed media so I'm sure it's cheaper to lump in single games sold into that cheaper bucket.

Only problem with that is that it's against USPS regulations to send video games as media mail.  I had a seller ship 2 Sega CD games to me a few years ago via media mail.  The package was opened and inspected by USPS, and I was told to pay the difference between media mail and priority mail. 

https://pe.usps.com/.../csr/ps-334.htm

#19 BIGTom-  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Only problem with that is that it's against USPS regulations to send video games as media mail.  I had a seller ship 2 Sega CD games to me a few years ago via media mail.  The package was opened and inspected by USPS, and I was told to pay the difference between media mail and priority mail. 

The_inspectors_poster.jpg

#20 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8162 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:15 PM

anyone know if the ps4 stick of truths codes have been working? i already own both south parks on the x1 but may double dip.

#21 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

anyone know if the ps4 stick of truths codes have been working? i already own both south parks on the x1 but may double dip.

Worked for me in March

#22 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:38 AM

Oh wow, I wasn't even thinking about that. That will definitely make it worth it.

Yeah that was my reason for getting it. Idk if you played it yet, but stick of truth was pretty freaking awesome.

#23 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

Only problem with that is that it's against USPS regulations to send video games as media mail. I had a seller ship 2 Sega CD games to me a few years ago via media mail. The package was opened and inspected by USPS, and I was told to pay the difference between media mail and priority mail.

As a letter carrier this is all correct. Video games are not media and can't be sent that way. Also, like the other poster said, that would be stupid anyway cost-wise. For an item that size first class is cheaper, much faster, not subject to inspection, forwardable, and returnable. Media rate good for books only TBH

#24 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8162 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

Looks like I'm too late on Final fantasy 12 zodiac age. :/

#25 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1411 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

Just got the email myself. Got excited and then I was immediately disappointed. Gamefly doesn't even try anymore. Most of the prices are within a few bucks of new prices.

Agreed. What happened to them?

#26 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

As a letter carrier this is all correct. Video games are not media and can't be sent that way. Also, like the other poster said, that would be stupid anyway cost-wise. For an item that size first class is cheaper, much faster, not subject to inspection, forwardable, and returnable. Media rate good for books only TBH

I remember telling the seller that and he went on this tirade about video games being media.  Apparently he thought I made PO rules