* * * - - 2 votes

Teslagrad PS4/PS3/VITA CROSSBUY FREE FOR PSN PLUS USERS

#1 VZLANemesis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

VZLANemesis

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:34 AM

https://store.playst...ESLAGRAD0000001

For whatever reason its showing up as free when the other versions are 1.5$ atm. Lemme know if it works for anyone else. Posted it on slickdeals and I've had no replies, so I still dont know if it works or I just happened to own it already somehow.

#2 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

https://store.playst...ESLAGRAD0000001

For whatever reason its showing up as free when the other versions are 1.5$ atm. Lemme know if it works for anyone else. Posted it on slickdeals and I've had no replies, so I still dont know if it works or I just happened to own it already somehow.

it has been free on plus before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:33 AM

It let me add it to the cart and check out for free. Just got a confirmation purchase email. Thanks OP.

#4 Sielanas  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

Negative, 2.99 here.

#5 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Negative, 2.99 here.

Positive, free here.

#6 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

It's showing up as free for you because it was one of the free PS+ games in 2015. 

#7 ritchardf  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#8 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1992 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

https://en.wikipedia...(North_America)
Sept 2015

#9 The Lord Tachanka  

The Lord Tachanka

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Not free for me :(

#10 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

I didn't realize that Teslagrad was cross-buy before. I downloaded it on PS3 when it was a "free" PS+ game, but the PS4 and Vita versions kept showing prices for me whenever I browsed sale listings later, unlike most cross-buy games. Never clicked on those listings to see that I could just download the other versions until today so thanks OP!

#11 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

It's showing up as free for you because it was one of the free PS+ games in 2015.

No, I can confirm it actually was free when he posted it. I didn’t have PS+ back in 2015 so I never had access to PS+ games and it showed free for me.

#12 freeza   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

I finally got around to playing this last year and it is an excellent platformer.  It is somewhat challenging but easy enought that you won't smash your controller. 

#13 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1956 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

Vita shows up free, the other versions don't for me.

#14 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

No, I can confirm it actually was free when he posted it. I didn’t have PS+ back in 2015 so I never had access to PS+ games and it showed free for me.

I believe there's two times it's been free with PS+.

#15 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7689 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

I believe there's two times it's been free with PS+.

Seems just the one time.  It is weird it appears I can buy it but I already have it.  Usually it hides the price if it was a free PS+ game I already claimed.  I know some people complain they can't buy a free PS+ game.  Wonder if they are addressing that.  Or if something is just wacky with this listing/game.

#16 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

Yep, you're right.

#17 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30581 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

This happens very regularly when cross-buy versions of a game are released at different times. The store lets you "re-buy" games you already own.

#18 Jaybrones   Digital Cheapass CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Jaybrones

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:49 AM

Thanks OP. Worked for me.

#19 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   509 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:35 AM

Seems just the one time.  It is weird it appears I can buy it but I already have it.  Usually it hides the price if it was a free PS+ game I already claimed.  I know some people complain they can't buy a free PS+ game.  Wonder if they are addressing that.  Or if something is just wacky with this listing/game.

Just a weird glitch, i think. I've owned it since before it went free on Plus, but it still shows up in the store as $1.49 for me, even though it's sitting on my hard drive.  Usually if you own a game and go to its page on the PS store, it'll either give you a (start) button if it's on your hard drive or a (download) button if it isn't.  I'm sure they'd be happy to charge me again if i was willing to pay.

Started the game and played it for a few minutes to make sure it was working fine and that there wasn't some sort of license error(i still have to jump through fucking hoops to play my legitimately purchased copy of Braid on 360 because of a license glitch), and it seems to work fine.  It's possible that they just relisted the game at some point, so it shows up as a separate product.  That's rare, but happens from time to time.  I remember buying the PSP port of Angry Birds, which turned out to be garbage; later, they fixed the game, but rather than patch the existing game they dellsted it and put the new version up under a new listing, meaning people who'd bought the crap version were shit out of luck unless they wanted to buy it again.

#20 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

Just wanted to re-confirm it worked for me, just a few minutes ago. (12PM ET)

As said before, it's the vita version that's free and it blatantly says 'Unlocks cross-play for ps3/ps4'.

For what it's worth, I had to log-in on my PC and purchase.

WAS NOT showing up for free from my phone using OP's link and WAS NOT showing on the PS App either.

(Also, Shout-out to whoever 1 star rated this thread cause they were butthurt about not getting free stuff. lololol)

#21 AlphaAnomaly  

AlphaAnomaly

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

I finally got around to playing this last year and it is an excellent platformer.  It is somewhat challenging but easy enought that you won't smash your controller.

Fair warning, if you're trying to platinum this game, there will be one part that will probably push you pretty close to chucking a controller. It involves racing one of the game's collectibles up a vertical shaft and dodging through a gauntlet of arcing electricity. For those who play this and persist, good luck.

#22 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Glitches are weird. For some reason I ended up owning the PS4 versions of woah Dave, Thomas was alone and one of the odd world games I got from plus for ps3. I've verified by letting my plus expire and the licenses for the games still worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#23 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30581 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:45 AM

Glitches are weird. For some reason I ended up owning the PS4 versions of woah Dave, Thomas was alone and one of the odd world games I got from plus for ps3. I've verified by letting my plus expire and the licenses for the games still worked.

Sony never figured out how to get post-release crossbuy games to work via PS+. They basically just had to let everyone who had the Plus versions of the game have the full version for free when the cross-buy version came out.

#24 Kstyle   Sony Fan boy CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:18 AM

free for me here

#25 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

This thread is full of dumb

#26 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

Sony never figured out how to get post-release crossbuy games to work via PS+. They basically just had to let everyone who had the Plus versions of the game have the full version for free when the cross-buy version came out.

I've noticed . My driveclub plus edition also works after I let my plus expire

#27 shoothimnow   Kickin' Ass + Takin' Names CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shoothimnow

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

Figured it was about time someone would post a picture regarding this bug...

image.jpg

And after purchasing

image.jpg

I know for a fact I have never owned this (as shown in the first picture while attempting to search for it), but I now own all 3 for free.  Thanks OP