- - - - -

Best Buy Ad 5/13-5/19

#61 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

I’m going to start doing it now too.

‘Cliche saying which I think is poignant and hope conveys to strangers who I am as a person. Because that is very important to me’ - Anwar

#62 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3095 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:45 AM

I’m going to start doing it now too.

‘Cliche saying which I think is poignant and hope conveys to strangers who I am as a person. Because that is very important to me’ - Anwar

Do you get the attention you desperately need on here that you never get at home?

#63 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

Uh oh, Fotor’s getting involved..

#64 ghettog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

So my GCU is going to run out soonish and I just noticed I can no longer renew online. I should be fine pre-ordering games with GCU that come out after my subscription expires right?

#65 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2726 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

Just using a signature at all, really...

what's wrong with that

#66 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

So my GCU is going to run out soonish and I just noticed I can no longer renew online. I should be fine pre-ordering games with GCU that come out after my subscription expires right?

From my experience, no.

#67 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2908 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

Went into buy State of Decay 2, and they had a stack sitting there but the computer wouldn't let them sell it, stupid.  Also, went to trade God of War and its not in the computer, total waste of trip.

#68 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

Went into buy State of Decay 2, and they had a stack sitting there but the computer wouldn't let them sell it, stupid.  Also, went to trade God of War and its not in the computer, total waste of trip.

That's on you for not checking first on the trade and that's also on you for expecting a retailer to break street date. Not the business that did something stupid today.

#69 Edowado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

State of Decay is out? Well I'll be a go to hell.

#70 Edowado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

So my GCU is going to run out soonish and I just noticed I can no longer renew online. I should be fine pre-ordering games with GCU that come out after my
subscription expires right?

I think you should be okay. I had preordered Spider-man PS4 the day before my subsription was up. A week later I checked out my orders to pleasently see my order reflected the discount.

#71 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

https://www.reddit.c...dsy&sh=722fd451

Do you think its true that they are killing gamerclub?

#72 kemosahbe  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

Page to buy GCU leads to a 404 and the "renew" button under my account has vanished. We'll have to wait and see but I'm worried.

#73 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1974 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:05 AM

It's still available to renew in store

#74 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

It's still available to renew in store

No. I went there myself and the cashier couldn't renew it when he scanned the card.

#75 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

Went into buy State of Decay 2, and they had a stack sitting there but the computer wouldn't let them sell it, stupid. Also, went to trade God of War and its not in the computer, total waste of trip.

They were probably all pre-orders. I just picked mine up. Got a nice unexpected bonus - came with a steel case and a download code for the original game survival edition, which I already have..

#76 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

All I saw on the linked article was a picture of a table with a stack of membership pirchase cards on it. How did everyone infer from that picture that gcu is dead? Maybe they are pulling the old cards because they have no value and have the old logo...

#77 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:34 AM

Anwar is actually really quite funny if you try to understand his brand of humor

But anyway, guys....its simple: (PSA for anyone who doesn’t want to read any posts or info from BBY)

NO MORE GCU MEMBERSHIPS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS. NO MORE RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR CURRENT GCU CUSTOMERS.

ALL CURRENT GCU CUSTOMERS CAN STILL USE THEIR GCU DISCOUNT FOR ANY AND ALL ORDER AND PRE ORDERS

(**** most likely this will end in 2019 but thats a guess from others)

#78 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2908 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:48 AM

They were probably all pre-orders. I just picked mine up. Got a nice unexpected bonus - came with a steel case and a download code for the original game survival edition, which I already have..

Did you order the Ultimate Edition?  I think it was released today, they even showed me the calendar that it was supposed to be released today, but still wouldn't sell it.

#79 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Did you order the Ultimate Edition? I think it was released today, they even showed me the calendar that it was supposed to be released today, but still wouldn't sell it.

Yes - it was the ultimate edition. Only reason I preordered it was that I heard it would be available Friday.

#80 ritchardf  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

Yes - it was the ultimate edition. Only reason I preordered it was that I heard it would be available Friday.

you should have also got something for the dlc that is coming for it later too.

#81 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

I did - code in the box and code on the receipt.

#82 ritchardf  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

I did - code in the box and code on the receipt.

so how is the game? reviews arent really stellar, guess ill play it anyway with gamepass

#83 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2908 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:09 PM

My take on games this week from trials....

Detroit- this game seems slow and daunting, will wait until it drops at least half price

OnRush-Played a few rounds, kind of repetitive and no real adrenaline rush, feels like Blur but not as good.

State of Decay 2- This seems to be the game I will buy this week, loved the first one.

#84 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

so how is the game? reviews arent really stellar, guess ill play it anyway with gamepass

I guess if you liked the first one, you’ll like this one - kind of the same game with a few new additions. Graphics and sound are way better though.

#85 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2644 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

For someone who has never played Hyrule Warriors, would you recommend picking up the Devinitive Edition or wait for a sale?

#86 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1974 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:32 AM

For someone who has never played Hyrule Warriors, would you recommend picking up the Devinitive Edition or wait for a sale?

Do you like the dynasty warriors style of game play with legend of Zelda characters?

#87 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2644 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:27 AM

Do you like the dynasty warriors style of game play with legend of Zelda characters?

Not a huge Zelda fan but I like it. Also I’ve never really played a DW game. But I do like mindless beat em ups.