Hyperkin Duke Xbox One Wired Controller Ships 5/25

Man I totally dig this controller. I actually liked the big one for shooters back in the day. BUT, why did they make it WIRED? Why?!?!?!
all third party xbox one controllers are wired, something about proprietary tech MS wont share

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone always complains about the buttons and while I admit they weren’t nearly as good as the perfected S controller and future 360 and One controllers, I don’t even really care about that. What kills me was the damn right analog stick. I really wish they would have included an interchangeable concave stick to switch with because back when i used a Duke it made me want to pull my hair out I hated the stick that much lol. Now I’d pay whatever they asked if they re-released the S controller... that was my favorite to this day and I’d use that over any other model. I also wish they never got rid of the black and white buttons. They were perfect for Halo and could have been used in addition to the bumpers!

all third party xbox one controllers are wired, something about proprietary tech MS wont share
When I saw it, this was the very first question also. Found out that this is in fact the reason. Still cool though, with it being wired I see it as just another nod to the ol Duke.

They just had to put that boot up in the center of the controller... damn you. Now I need one.

It's hard for me to understand any level of demand for this given the sentiment back in the day. And I 100% agree it was an awful controller.

Huh. Didn't know that. Shaddy move by MS toward partners. Or at the very least bad move at creating a good ecosystem for its consumers.
not shady.. protects their patents. "License" it to some 3rd party.. tech shows up in China in cheap $3 controllers sold on wish..

As far as I know there is only 1 3rd party wireless controller for PS4, by Hori. Rest are corded as well.

Never cared for the Duke.  I think only one of our main Halo friends liked it back in the day.  Everyone else enjoyed the S.

Also:  this is Hyperkin.  I'd expect questionable quality.  Good luck to those that want one.

In a world where people bitch and complain about Vita memory card prices, people have no issue spending $70 on a wired controller based on one of the most uncomfortable  designs ever, and produced by one of the crappiest 3rd parties ever. 

Mind.

Blown.

I'll never understand why these 3rd party controller makers don't just make these things wireless via a USB dongle if MS or Sony won't give up the goods.

If it wasn't for the awesome logo screen no one would want this at all. I personally am in the camp of hating the Duke controller, it's one of the worst first-party controllers ever made IMO. I do love the screen though, but for $70 this is a hard pass. 

I'm bummed that it's wired, but I love this damn controller. I preferred the 'S' overall, but for first person shooters, it was this one or bust. Given that console FPS games really entered my world with the original Halo--and many others on the OG Xbox--I have an enormous soft spot for this big, goofy bastard. I gotta say, though, it should have been like $50, given that it's wired only.

I'm bummed that it's wired, but I love this damn controller. I preferred the 'S' overall, but for first person shooters, it was this one or bust. Given that console FPS games really entered my world with the original Halo--and many others on the OG Xbox--I have an enormous soft spot for this big, goofy bastard. I gotta say, though, it should have been like $50, given that it's wired only.
I think including a screen on it just to fancify the logo was an asinine choice - and likely the reason the price had to be so high. Just imagine the added cost of goods for that stupid thing.

Mine finally arrived. Now the Master Chief Collection needs to get the XB1X update, and I'm ready to dive into nostalgia!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Mine works great but I heard there are issues with the headphone jack and some.

1 to 1 quality (almost) of the original XBox Duke.

Weird thing with it being wired, is this was made with the blessing/partnership of MS from what I understand.  Would think something like this they would have just allowed it to be wireless.

Weird thing with it being wired, is this was made with the blessing/partnership of MS from what I understand. Would think something like this they would have just allowed it to be wireless.
Original was wired and it's already expensive enough with the little screen, I guess.

I found an original duke while going through some boxes (and the memory card from beta testing Live), shame there's no adapter.

Ok after using it for quite a few hours I like it. I also like how the usb cable slides into the body of the controller to give it that extra support so the pressure is not on the plug/connector.

Note The usb cable that comes with xbox elite controllers wont fit in the channel but the cables that come with the normal xbox one controllers do. 

you can buy an original xbox with the duke for around the same price.

I just like the fact it has 6 face button wish the next generation would bring that back

Ok after using it for quite a few hours I like it. I also like how the usb cable slides into the body of the controller to give it that extra support so the pressure is not on the plug/connector.

Note The usb cable that comes with xbox elite controllers wont fit in the channel but the cables that come with the normal xbox one controllers do.
How long is the cable it comes with?

I got mine and got it opened up. It feels great--subjective, shut up lol. I love that they mirrored the black and white buttons with two small R1/L1 style shoulder buttons. That makes it a lot more usable for more games, and mirroring them, vs just replacing them, was a great choice. I also appreciate that the cable is detachable. It makes it much easier and cleaner to store. 

bread's done
Back