Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS4 Ebay 15.99 New Free Ship

*clears throat*

-$16 too much

-First

-Shipping kills it

-Micro transactions? More like major transgressions.

-xbox is better because ea access

Didn't EA drop a bunch of the microtransactions?  I think it's mostly cosmetic now.  Still, waiting for a GOTY / Complete edition

While the game absolutely deserved the criticism when it launched I can tell you the game is at a much better place now ( though I don't know how much new content it will continue to get). The game is actually really fun. The story is pretty good. Not super long but definitely enjoyable. I personally enjoyed the gameplay of SWBF2015 better but the multiplayer here is still pretty good. Definitely worth $16

I heard EA pretty much moved on from the game, and is working on other projects?  That DICE is the only one still working on this?  Seems like they just abandoned it when it comes to support/updates and that isn't good for gamers. 

I haven't touched my deluxe edition since a few weeks after release. If anyone wants it for $10+usps shipping pm.

Played from the beginning, quit after the terrible re-design.

The star crates were much more rewarding than this new setup which actually takes longer to unlock perks as its now a much more linear affair. Before the update I had the option to craft tier four cards on my main troop class, afterwards they expected me to grind out ten more ranks.

I'd much rather earn credits while concentrating on specific blaster kills to unlock better weapons, then spending those credits on crates of my choice for crafting mats, and using those mats to craft any perk I wanted instead of having to wait until a specific level to unlock it (assuming I met the requirements for the specific tier I was working towards).

The cards that came along with each crate in reality served as an rpg-like system of leveling up the collection (card level) of the class/character/vehicles you weren't (unless you got lucky) while playing those you did so you wouldn't be at a disadvantage if you eventually wanted to try out something else.

There wasn't any real problem with what they had in place other than it being too complicated for the masses to understand and them getting too tripped up on "loot boxes are bad, EA is the devil" nonsense when no one was forcing them to buy the things, and certainly weren't after turning microtransactions off. The crates were too random to be "play to win" outside of the vehicle drops and no tier four cards could were awarded through crates unless it was a preorder bonus.

Overpricing the unlockables was where they screwed the porg....but honestly after a night or so you would've earned enough credits to unlock the higher priced characters long before you could likely use them in Galaxy Assault or whatever the main mode is called.

Also....as far as I know, they're still supporting it with regular content such as weekend challenge/grinds to unlock certain skins and have added limited time modes such as Ewok Hunt and jetpack matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard EA pretty much moved on from the game, and is working on other projects? That DICE is the only one still working on this? Seems like they just abandoned it when it comes to support/updates and that isn't good for gamers.
DICE is the developer....who else would work on it?

I bought this at this price just to play the campaign. I can sell it back for about 10 bucks maybe, making it super cheap. 

I just got a a 14GB update for this a hour ago, maybe in a day or so when it finally finishes downloading on my slow ass DSL I'll check it out.

I could google, but I'll let it be a surprise.

It's probably/hopefully Solo related.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back