- - - - -

Possible Nintendo 64 classic coming soon :)

#1 srac84  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

I know this might not be in right section but maybe ppl who are looking for Nintendo 64 games might wanna hold off of this might actually come out

https://www.cnet.com...demark-reveals/

Also my flame shield is ready and shipping is likely free 😛

#2 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1049 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

Shopping Discussion forum

mpmx.gif

#3 srac84  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

Shopping Discussion forum

Ah sorry hopefully mods will move it

#4 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Can you preorder from CNET? Asking for a friend.

#5 .Beowulf  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

I predict a shitty game list that will just leave everyone left wanting

#6 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2617 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

You are terrible

#7 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

Yeah but GCU is going away

#8 srac84  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Yeah but GCU is going away

doesnt matter wont apply since this is hardware  :shame:

#9 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2437 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

I just don't see the same nostalgia for N64.  The seminal games in that library are just a lot fewer in number than the NES and SNES.  By this time, too, the PSX imprinted itself as the childhood star for a new generation of gamers.  Frankly, I think a mini PSX would easily outsell an N64 mini. 

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#10 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13405 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

N64 was really the beginning of the decline of Nintendo for me. They were first to market, but once PS hit the streets it was game over. Granted there are some great games that hold up today, with Goldeneye at the top of my list, but overall the library just felt stunted by comparison to all the great games from NES and SNES. A PS mini would be akin to either of those two systems, with games being left off because there's just only so many they could license. With N64, I think only Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day, and Zelda would even be requirements. Perfect Dark is highly overrated IMO and games like Super Mario 64 were great for their time, but TBH there are so many platformers from that time that the market was over-saturated and burned me out. I can't even touch platformers anymore for the most part.

That said, I'd probably buy one just for the modding capabilities of more robust hardware. That is unless, PS mini is actually revealed in two weeks. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#11 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:23 AM

N64 was really the beginning of the decline of Nintendo for me. They were first to market, but once PS hit the streets it was game over. Granted there are some great games that hold up today, with Goldeneye at the top of my list, but overall the library just felt stunted by comparison to all the great games from NES and SNES. A PS mini would be akin to either of those two systems, with games being left off because there's just only so many they could license. With N64, I think only Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day, and Zelda would even be requirements. Perfect Dark is highly overrated IMO and games like Super Mario 64 were great for their time, but TBH there are so many platformers from that time that the market was over-saturated and burned me out. I can't even touch platformers anymore for the most part.

That said, I'd probably buy one just for the modding capabilities of more robust hardware. That is unless, PS mini is actually revealed in two weeks. ;)

Playstation was released a full year before the N64.

#12 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13405 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

Playstation was released a full year before the N64.

Weird, I had them backwards in my head. I could have sworn they released the other way around, but goes to show how observant I was in my youth ha.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg