Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Switch) - $23.71 at walmart.com (pickup and shipping)

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
5/31/18 Edit: Now available for shipping apparently.

This just came out a week ago with a $39.99 MSRP.  The other console versions have been out for several months now and are usually considerably cheaper.  This is the physical Switch version of course.  Store pickup only for now:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Battle-Chasers-Nightwar-Nintendo-Switch/55823632

Amazon has been matching Walmart with the pricing, though not this latest drop.  They are currently at $24.89:

https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Chasers-Nightwar-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B072LMWGQS/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1527506293&sr=1-1&keywords=battle+chasers+nightwar

As for the game itself, I've heard its one of the better RPG's released recently, especially on the Switch.  Easy to take a flyer at under $25 for the Switch cartridge version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally playing this at this very moment after locking in a Walmart preorder at the $26 price. It’s more than worth the current asking price and I would highly recommend it.

This game is fantastic. If you ever enjoyed a traditional JRPG particularly from the PS1 era you will love this. Possibly the best turn based combat I've played

Also was available on Google Express, so keep an eye out if it gets readded and you have a discount to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed this yesterday on Amazon (24.89) its still OOS but able to backorder.

And FYI xbox version is sub $15... PS4 $22

Looks good, people like it.. odd that it dropped this fast. 

Just know that the Switch version loads slower.

The deal is dead. Shows out of stock which sucks. I was able to place an order just to get a cancelation and refund about an hour later.

The deal is dead. Shows out of stock which sucks. I was able to place an order just to get a cancelation and refund about an hour later.
That’s probably just your store. Still showing as available at a few stores near me. You might try another nearby store.

Also, thanks op. Going to give this a try.

Looks good, people like it.. odd that it dropped this fast.
It had almost no promotion and is based on a comic from 20 years ago that was left unfinished because the artist couldn't stop playing ff7.

Can't say it's "odd" that nobody cared about it, regardless of if it's good or not.

It had almost no promotion and is based on a comic from 20 years ago that was left unfinished because the artist couldn't stop playing ff7.

Can't say it's "odd" that nobody cared about it, regardless of if it's good or not.
whats odd though.. when you read the history of the comic and game, none of this lines up...

Comic only had 9 issues, through 2 publishers do to the company being sold.. 1998-2001

Left DC to start a video game company.. in 2001

Did a kickstarter in 2015 for this game.. releases 2 years later.

What I meant by odd, is that just 2 weeks after release on Switch.. the switch version has dropped so much. I had this on my wishlist for a while, it's been sold out on Amazon (switch) every time I saw it. If it's sold out.. why drop the price, there's demand.

Has been heroes didn't drop that quick.. and it had horrible reviews.

Now the PS4/Xbox version has been out since Oct 17, and is in clearance mode pretty much everywhere. Xbox hardest hit.. $15

whats odd though.. when you read the history of the comic and game, none of this lines up...

Comic only had 9 issues, through 2 publishers do to the company being sold.. 1998-2001

Left DC to start a video game company.. in 2001

Did a kickstarter in 2015 for this game.. releases 2 years later.
The weird thing is that when Joe Mad left comics to do games, the games he worked on didn't feature his art heavily. Dungeon Runners and something else, they were big nothings. After he went back into comics he did the character designs for Darksiders, where the influence is extremely apparent, so he actually had more success when it was just a side gig.

Also the FF7 thing wasn't a joke, he actually would post on forums about it and his FF obsession was a large reason for delays in the comic. I wish he didn't have so many problems with being late, because I do really like his art. He's like if Humberto Ramos was talented.

As for the price drop, I just don't think it's sold well. Selling out on Amazon could just mean they didn't have much stock to begin with.

Man this is the 2nd game that I got on launch week and then it's way cheaper within a couple of weeks.  I need to quit buying games day one and just pick it up a month or so later.  

Man this is the 2nd game that I got on launch week and then it's way cheaper within a couple of weeks. I need to quit buying games day one and just pick it up a month or so later.
I keep telling myself the same thing. I am holding off on Detroit: Become Human because I know it will drop in price quick like all Sony first-party games tend to do. I usually feel alright about buying Nintendo first-party games day one just because the discounts are few and far between and they tend to retain value for a much longer time than most other games.

This deal is 100% dead. They just flipped it from in stock to out of stock everywhere.
I'm beginning to think Larry David is correct.. small run.

When I did finally buy this off Amazon (still back ordered) I was checking GS/BB etc. GS had 2 stores within 50 miles that had a new ($39.99) copy and 1 that had a used copy ($29.99/$26 Pro)

Both the new and used were in one store yesterday thats about 15+ miles from me.

Today, both gone...

Not saying this is going to be one of those rare games to own a physical copy due to a low print, May be just a run on the game because it dropped in price and now everyone wants a copy "just in case"

Looks like you can order/pickup the game again!

Just ordered for pickup at my local Walmart that I was unable to do so before. Will be here early next week (so they say) 

My Walmart has them in store although it is 39.99. I'm sure they'll still price match their online price since it is still 23.xx~.

bread's done
Back